Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 12:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

The car has come out well.. The light blue color is not really to my liking. Perhaps the original maroon would have been good in my opinion.

Hats off to you for the labor of love.

cheers!
Srini
Old 27th June 2008, 12:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

they have done an amazing job especially with the exterior paint work. congrats
Old 27th June 2008, 12:52   #18
BANNED

I love the way this Amby has been transformed. Its something like the car is evolved through time travel. Amazing it looks so fresh and inspiring.

I still felt that the engine should have been a bit of priority, the one in right now might be a little crude.

BTW do you have a TURBO in it.

But hats off to you and your team who's taken all this effort to transform and get this car back to a new life.
Old 27th June 2008, 16:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

definetly OVERHAULING stuff, may be exceeding that. Whats important to note is not only the great workmanship - but the persistance of the owner and his dream...

Kudos to the spirit of automobiling.... wishing another glorious 50 years of the Amby in your family...
Old 27th June 2008, 16:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
My headlight assembly is fine, only the outside glass has cracked, do I have to change the enitre assembly, or can one by the glass alone, which should be much cheaper than the whole assembly.
The Headlight Comes as an assembly the glass alone is not available and it costs 1250/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Get a nice set of alloys for this beauty! Awsome work! Looks a killer.
The Alloys will set be back by 18K Rupees ,Should i get that or should i get Gypsy Wheels ? What ever it's going to be nothing is going to happen in the next 3 months.I Am totally bankrupt right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I love the way this Amby has been transformed. Its something like the car is evolved through time travel. Amazing it looks so fresh and inspiring.I still felt that the engine should have been a bit of priority, the one in right now might be a little crude. BTW do you have a TURBO in it.But hats off to you and your team who's taken all this effort to transform and get this car back to a new life.
The Engine was Just Perfect when it went to shop but after Lying Idle for such a long time it got all chucked up. and it's not pulling and if the A/C is on somebody has to push it to get a rolling start, the fuel efficiency which should have been in the region of 15 to 18 is now at 8 to 10, so an engine transplant is inevitable and it will be given the highest priority.
Old 27th June 2008, 16:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

Wow thats a real neat transform job you have done! For an amby i say go with gypsy rims.
Old 27th June 2008, 16:47   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The Alloys will set be back by 18K Rupees ,Should i get that or should i get Gypsy Wheels ?
Amby doesn't go well alloy. It's kinda force fit. Go for Gypsy rims. It gives a muscular look. Well, this my view though.
Old 28th June 2008, 09:35   #23
BHPian

2.9 Lakhs was Just for the rebuild the car cost us next to nothing if i remember right gave something like 35K .

Gypsy Wheels Would cost just something like 3Ks cheers:
Old 28th June 2008, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice done. The car looks fabulous and you dedication and hardwork shows. Get some nice rubber and those Gypsy rims asap. That should add to the cars already good looks.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:10   #25
BHPian

Monstrous passion boss. Pure case of heart over mind. Am sure the Amby will give you unrelenting pleasure for the next few decades. I have a 1962 stock Amby back home and it still runs like clockwork(other than than the FE which is somewhere in the lower single digits )
Old 28th June 2008, 11:40   #26
BHPian

just one word - SUPERB.
thats one of the lovely ambys I have come across. good work. broader tyres and gypsy rims will look atrractive. Beige interiors look good . keep it up friend.
Old 28th June 2008, 12:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
More Modifications I am considering and which I will execute in the coming days.
  • Desperately want to change the Matador Engine to a Isuzu or a Toyota 2C
  • Make a Custom Dash As the Original HM Dash's Build Quality is nothing to Write Home About.
  • Do A Total RE-Upholstery Work From Koyas,Coimbatore
  • Get a Better ICE with Components at the Front (Polk or Bull) and a 10" Sub (Polk/Kicker) with a four Channel Amplifier (JBL).
  • Make a Smaller Custom Grill With Mesh Instead Of The Original Grande Grill.
  • Alter The Rear Suspension To that of The Contessa With Balance rods and Coil Springs.
  • Gypsy Rims or Alloy Wheels with Better Footwear.

Good effort on your project! My suggestions for you:

The Isuzu 2.0 is a straight fit with 5 speed gearbox and will make highway cruising a pleasure.

What are you planning on the handling part? My suggestion would be to have the front suspension camber settings to toe-out by half degree. This will have a better effect in the cars cornering abilities. Also, Gypsy rims with a good 15" rubber will apeal more to the car than alloys, IMO.

ICE, any ICE sounds good in the amby thanks to the cavernous boot. You could think any HU, Pio Amp instead of JBL! to save on cost. The diesel clatter will be there irrespective of any engine you put and the fineness in music that a high end audio puts out cannot be heard with the engine, unless its a 1.8 ISZ petrol.

The rest mods w.r.t to the grill seats, etc are to your taste. First build reliability in the vehicle, then move on cosmetically!
Old 28th June 2008, 13:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Really a great job dude. Appreciate the craftmanship as well as quality of job. Its more admirable as its done from Kerala where all the good tinkers & mechanics are vanishing to middle east.
Old 28th June 2008, 13:39   #29
BHPian

Nice to see that Amby! Best work on any Amby I have ever seen.cheers:
Old 28th June 2008, 14:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Good effort on your project! My suggestions for you:
The Isuzu 2.0 is a straight fit with 5 speed gearbox and will make highway cruising a pleasure.What are you planning on the handling part? My suggestion would be to have the front suspension camber settings to toe-out by half degree. This will have a better effect in the cars cornering abilities. Also, Gypsy rims with a good 15" rubber will apeal more to the car than alloys, IMO.
ICE, any ICE sounds good in the amby thanks to the cavernous boot. You could think any HU, Pio Amp instead of JBL! to save on cost. The diesel clatter will be there irrespective of any engine you put and the fineness in music that a high end audio puts out cannot be heard with the engine, unless its a 1.8 ISZ petrol.
The rest mods w.r.t to the grill seats, etc are to your taste. First build reliability in the vehicle, then move on cosmetically!

If i am going to do something on the car i will not skimp out on the price front especially on the ICE Setups. I Knew that i will have to change the front speakers thats why i bought the Sony front speakers, From All you guys suggestions guess i will go ahead with the Gypsy Wheels rather than the Alloys.....And why a pio amplifier than a JBL ? any particular reason cause i am gonna put a JBL amp in my brother's swift on monday.

currently my car has the follwing setup it sound so good but the front speakers are just pure crap.
  • Pioneer 5650 HU
  • Sony Xplod 6 X 9 400 Watts in The Rear
  • Sony Xplod 6" 120 Watts in The Front
and as u said the audio install sounds real good due to the boot, most of the people as weather there is a sub and an amp.

And from the looks of it nobody is recommending the Toyota 2C It's a Goddamn Good engine and people get averages upto 22KM on a litre of the sticky fuel, can't afford to drive the car around with a 1800ISZ Petrol right now.Will Change the Wheels discs but can't change the tyres right now cause they are all new.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks