Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Mohnish, check with Ramkya1 : looks like he has done it. Just read so in the Scorp pics thread, page 10.
Thanks Condor, will do.
Old 14th July 2008, 11:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
So its held in place with straps when folded? Should have had anothe lock at the folded end...but then expense is a factor in design!!! Considering the price of the Scorpio, its got a lot for the price, not to mention the build quality....But thats another thread altogether!!!

Thanks again.
The blooming third seat cannot be flipped forward if the middle seat is pushed back. The strap thingy will only work if the middle row is all the way forward. I am planning to get a strap on that will hold the rear seat down when folded flat.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I removed the 3rd row side facing seats, pushed the middle row back, and added the 2 seats + 1 seat (folding seat) in the middle. Now 8 people can be seated.

As GTO said earlier, the legroom in the 3rd row is a bit cramped, but we can seat 3 adults of small build (of which we have a couple at home!). So I am happy. I will check out if the back benchers will be as happy when I take them on a long drive

There is space under the 3rd row seat for a couple of medium sized suitcases and bags.

The cost : 11.5k (after exchange of the old side facing seats).

Time taken by FNG : Dropped my vehicle at 10 am, picked it up at 7.30 pm same day.

I am wondering where to place my rear box speakers. Maybe on the tail door.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:42   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
will it be allowed by the RTO? 8 seater would be bringing it into the commercial vehicle territory, and they may frown on it ....
RTO rules vary from state to state. In Goa it would have to be registered as a commercial vehicle.
Old 2nd March 2010, 08:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Mooza, can you post some pics of your modifications with the seat. Everyone will be benefited with that. I presume you have done the modification similar to XYLO- which has 4 captain seats and a the last row has a bench seat.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few images of the conversion of the rear seats from side facing to front facing in my 2004 Scorpio.

Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater-img_1343.jpg

Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater-img_1346.jpg

Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater-img_1349.jpg

Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater-img_1350.jpg

The middle row seat is moved back to the 3rd row. This is not a direct fit, it sits at a little more height (around 3 to 4 inches higher). This has given me a lot of luggage space below the (modified) 3rd row. The 2+1 folding seat has been installed for entry to the 3rd row.

If you do not want this solution, then the option is to buy the original 3rd row seat as well as the 2 + 1 middle row, which is a direct fit but works out to around 22k as per my FNG. And you lose the luggage space below the 3rd row seat, as the original 3rd row seat sits at a lower height.

Of course, another option is to have only captain/bucket seats for the middle row, if you are particular about the 7 seater tag! I do not know how much this will cost, should be around the same cost that I incurred, I guess.

In my case, since the 3rd row seat is now at a greater height, my visibility through the rear window via the RVM has reduced. I plan to shift the RVM to a higher point to mitigate this problem. Since I have reversing sensors, I am managing for the time being.

Hope this helps!
Old 1st August 2015, 16:29   #22
BHPian

Re: Scorpio 7 seater conversion to 8 seater

I just came back from Koncept Automobiles in Noida. I earlier had a 8 str Scorpio (2005 model) from which I shifted to a Yeti, and now wish to come back to a Scorpio. The dealer told me that for a 8 str I need to get a conversion certificate from the RTO every year. Can anyone throw some light on this please?
Old 1st August 2015, 21:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The dealer told me that for a 8 str I need to get a conversion certificate from the RTO every year.
I think he meant fitness certificate , I remember many years back we had to get this done on our 8 seater qualis .
Old 18th November 2021, 17:36   #24
BHPian

Dear Mohnish, Moosa, et al,

Can a recline bracket be added to the Scorpio S11 2021 7-seater model's middle (2nd) row? I feel in its current design the recline-angle is too upright, and passengers have complained of back-ache after a couple of hours of continuous travel.

thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks