Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 02:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

KSUDYE - Is that the Subaru Impreza with the chequered finish bonnet & Orange paintjob?
Old 14th August 2008, 07:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

yep.its the same one.can be ascertained by that skull type figure on the sides (from pirates of the carabian dead man's chest i think).
Old 14th August 2008, 11:14   #18
WiZ

That's outstanding ! It's kinda my dream job !
Old 14th August 2008, 15:00   #19
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots like...........this................Thanks.......

Hi Guys.........

Thank You all
( Corsalove .... navpreet318 ....Wiz ........Autopsyche.......) for appreciating my work .........its very soul satisfying when you hear such feed backs

Spawnofsatan i have my website ksudyedesigns.com ....it has to be updated though

Autopsyche ...thx.... i have seen your work too and i find your work done on cars one of the best in the business. Would love to create some airbrushed work on your modified cars. let me know if something comes up.

Iraghava .......yes thats Mihirs subaru .......and navpreet318 the carbon look was done with a custom made stencil .

.....posting some more pics of the honda bike
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-img_0003_resizex4.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-img_0005_resizex4.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-img_0009_resizex4.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-img_0014_resizex4.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th August 2008 at 16:20.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:17   #20
BHPian

Ksudye, only one word for you man....WOW! keep up the good work and please train some people in Bangalore to do this work here! pretty please?? I know people that would pay for that kind of instruction.
Old 16th August 2008, 12:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Ksudye, only one word for you man....WOW! keep up the good work and please train some people in Bangalore to do this work here! pretty please?? I know people that would pay for that kind of instruction.

Hi Vezj420 ,

need an airbrush gun , an oil free compressor , some knowledges in basic of art and automotive paints ...lots of passion and persistence ....... is enough for one to start this art form .An artist can be taught only to master his tools the rest depends on his inner creativity which i think no one can teach . ......appreciate you liking my work right now i still am a student too

posting pics of an airbrushed work done by some artist abroad which is one of my favs its the same car with one pic taken during the day and one in dark
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-124705.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-124706.jpg  

Old 16th August 2008, 21:17   #22
BHPian

hi KSUDYE,
great work man!!! Awesome...
I have a silver esteem & i am really interested in applying airbrush art on my car.
Can you please quote me the prices for the Flame design shown in your post and for how much time should i accept it to last?

reagrads,
vikram
Old 19th August 2008, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Hi Vicky S

Real Flames technically cannot be painted on a silver painted surface ,it is normally airbrushed on a dark back ground . However there has been instances of flames airbrushed on a white and cream surfaces. i may have to paint the area dark before i do the flame work . ( posting a pic of a work done by another artist for ref purpose )

Glad you liked my work and i would like to know what car you have and normally quotes are given after i have a discussion about the work and design that has to be airbrushed.

( would appreciate if you would pm any business related work otherwise i am ready to discuss any topic , questions on airbrushing )
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-dsc_0181.jpg  

Old 24th January 2009, 14:10   #24

hello there

Great work !!!!

Just seen the pics. Amazin job.

I hope you dont mind me askin but if you could let me/us bhp'ians know how or where I could learn to paint that way.
I would reall appreciate it if you could guide me on this.
Pls also let me know where we can buy this airbrush kit & paints.
Just searched on the net & no joy.

Thank you.
asad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksudye View Post
Hi Cyrus43 thx for appreciating my work . Hope to do more amazing stuff in the future .

..........and yes airbrushing in automotive is new to india and i wish to popularise this art form so Bhpians if there are any questions or would like to know more i would be glad to help
Old 24th January 2009, 20:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff man. Where do you work from? Would love to check out your creations live.
Old 25th January 2009, 14:43   #26
BHPian

Hi Asad , yes would love to share knowlwdge on airbrushing to aspiring new artists on Team BHP , just give me some time( a bit tied down with a project ) and will write down in detail on whats needed to start airbrushing

Hi Pranavt thanks for the encouragement , my office is at nana chowk and studios at andheri E call me on 9820088277 to get the complete address.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:53   #27
BHPian

Hi this a first part in the series of a beginners guide to automotive airbrushing

In this i will discuss the airbrush gun

Airbrush guns are used in a wide variety of fields from fine art on canvas , wall murals , automotive airbrushing to nail art , make ups , tanning and even to decorate cakes

there are basic two types of airbrush guns

1. which is a siphon feed airbrush gun where paint is fed from a bottle attached below the gun

2. which is a gravity feed airbrush gun where paint is fed from the cup attached on top of the gun.

both the guns are equally popular but a gravity feed gun i feel is best to start on automotives and then the gravity feed can be added later on to your range . its much easier to do fine free hand spray patterns with the gravity feed

i started with an Iwata brand HP-C which i had imported 3 years back as there was no one selling it in india. i recommend Iwata brand Hi line HP-CH for beginers in automotive airbrushing. It has a .3mm nozzle ( the size of the nozzle decides the broadness range of the spray line ) which is good for automotive .Mr. Rajesh Mishra is a retailer for Iwata products and he can be contacted at No. 9892107712 . Iwata products have been launched all over India so there must be other retailers too ,ask your local automotive paint or paint equipment related supplier .Indian make airbrushes are also available, they cost less but i cannot comment on performance since i havent used them . A manufacturer is located at dadar and have yet to get his full details . Other make airbrushes are also available at art stores but wouldnt recommend them for automotive purpose unless they are branded and of superior quality i say this cos the viscosity of automotive paints are such that only good quality guns are capable of giving a fine atomization of paint and you wouldnt want your work to go bad when cheap quality guns suddenly sprays an uneven spray pattern.

next time i discuss compressors and set up

also posting pic of my latest work
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-tank-toy-bike-pub-goa.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-fender-toy-bike-pub-goa.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-honda-accord.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-honda-accord-2.jpg  

car art - possible in India?-honda-civic.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp bo.bmp (107.5 KB, 329 views)
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (384.5 KB, 313 views)
Old 6th February 2009, 14:09   #28
BHPian

Hi in this second part will discuss the compressors and its set up

The compressor best suited for airbrushing is the vacuum pump or diaphram type compressor . They are small and give out less noise compared to the piston types . The biggest advantage is that its oil free and does not ruin your art work with any chance of oil contamination , as any oil contamination can cos pinholes while clear coating . Since the max psi an airbrush gun requires is 45 the model HS SP - IT is ideal ( its the one which i use ) Its available at Highspeed Appliance Andheri E web: Diaphragm Pump, Mini Compressors, Vacuum Pumps, Piston Compressors, Compressors, Vacuum Pump, Mumbai, India also can contact the owner mr. Umesh Shah on 022-66923661/28207620

You will also need a pressure regulator with a filter these can be sourced from Kaushik Engineering & A Examinar Bldg 111 . N M Road , Near BSE MUM 1

Hoses and fitting can be sourced from local hard ware store otherwise in mum its available at nagdevi street . there should be distance of atleast 8 to 10 feet hose length between the compressor and filter .

Will discuss paints next time

pic of the airbrush gun which i use
Attached Thumbnails
car art - possible in India?-p5080012.jpg  

Old 6th February 2009, 14:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

I'd love to get this kind of a job done on my 12r.Send me your email id by PM and i'll stay in touch.As and when i decide i'll let you know.

Great job in the above pics.I'm really impressed with the quality of work.Some do it for money.Some do it for passion.Its passion which brings out the best work.And you seem to have loads of it.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:21   #30
BHPian

This is amazing stuff ksudye. Two thumbs up from my side.
Also check ur pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks