Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 20:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

@jrd: wise decision! ive not got a full on bill but i project it at 35+ because my colour and its materials and its extra labour will bump up the bill! my total budget it around 50k on my car.. which im sure ill overshoot because already the pearl diamond white 3 stage colour, its labour, the alloys and the art leather upholstery are unexpected expenses.. got to know of them as i started this thread.. but its going to be money well spent so the final product will decide if the overall package looks good!

coming to designation: i think simple and classy are exactly what ill be heading for...
the only thing different from the stock esteem will be:
1. alloys
2. art leather seats
3. paint job....
the rest will remain stock save for a couple of lights i might infuse into the bumper a la the swift dzire and sx4(they have reflectors).. i plan to integrate the rear turn lights and the brake lights.. how will that look?
Old 16th September 2008, 00:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

oh ya and i forgot smoked out rear lights and smoked out tailblazer!!!!!
Old 17th September 2008, 00:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

questions: dint wanna start a separate thread in the audio section..
1. should i upgrade to a jbl 10" bass tube if i already have a pioneer 304 sub mounted in a box.. the reason for upgrade will be maybe the fact that i cant find a good enclosure anywhere in the market to put the woofer in. BUDGET: 4K FOR THE SUB OR 1K FOR THE BOX

2. wanna get new 6*9s cos the present pioneer 6995's will go in the zen which need a good pair: should i get components or just get jbl 938's or equivalent? BUDGET: 4K FOR THE SPEAKERS OR COMPONENTS.. reason: need more punch but may be sorted out by better sub..

i DONT wanna upgrade my amp nor make extensive changes.. so pls dont suggest damping and otherwise..

thanx!
present config:

pioneer 7950ub hu+ sony 400w made in jap amp .. forgot the model no..

pioneer small door speakers upfront with pioneer tweeters

pioneer 6*9 6995 speakers

pioneer 304 sub in a crappy box

some good cabling but dunno the brand

Last edited by frankmehta : 17th September 2008 at 00:45.
Old 17th September 2008, 09:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

@ Frank

Just an observation, why are the holes on the alloys you bought all placed differently ? The hole is not at the same point in any of the spokes. Found it a little out of line.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2008, 10:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

i noticed that too.. its maybe becasue of the fact that there are 5 spokes and 4 holes thus they have been differentially drilled in order to maintain the symmetry and overall functionality of the design! if you take the ATC logo as the center point then the 4 holes look symmetrical. its just the no, of spokes that call for a different arrangement. but it looks pretty symmetrical when i see them. will post more pics of them soon. i think the car should be ready in a week's time..

can someone PLEASE answer my audio queries?

also i just got back from my auto dealer and he has VALUE hid kit which says 6000k and has 55w bulbs. they have a one year warranty on them and he says he has fitted them on his swift. he had fake bosch's before (real ones were never there.. lol) and he said that they are always 35w. very horrible so he sold them off for 2k. he's very happy with the value kit though
btw the value kit with a one year warranty is for 7.2k..

Last edited by frankmehta : 17th September 2008 at 10:34.
Old 17th September 2008, 11:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...icture-155.jpg
DANGER:
Cover that throttle body intake!
Some mechs don't have any respect for the machine they work on.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

sure thing.. told him already.. theres a plastic bag now.. lol
ok here's the update:
1. the paint job starts today.. all the body work is over..
2. the bumper mesh(over the airdam: the esteem has a huge one) has been bought and cut and the final product has to be placed onto the bumper.. have not done any cutting to accommodate it... have not taken photos because the bumper hasnt been painted and the final product will be ready only after paint. QuUESTION: WHAT COLOUR SHOULD THE AIRDAM MESH AND GRILLE BE? IF THE BUMPER IS WHITE WITH A BLACK BORDER ON ITS WAISTLINE? BLACK? SILVER? WHITE? THESE ARE THE OPTIONS!
3. STARTER switch: yes its happening!!! i found a sweet used switch which i'll ask the painter to touch up.. looks quite nice and not tacky.. NOTE: its black.. red wont look good!
4. FOG lamps: 'un'original hellas have been purchased for the bumper recesses.. they look like the OE
5. Running boards: new idea! im doing the running board below the doors in black. how will that look?
6. NO ONE has answered my audio queries: im still waiting to purchase the sub woofer enclosure (not getting a base tube: reason-dont want boom, want punch) and the oval speakers.. HURRY cos my dealer has showed me the GTO947 JBL's which im tempted to buy.. getting them for Rs. 4800
7. the rest of the knicks and knacks like headlights, tail lights, grille and other stuff have been bought...

There: so most stuff is bought and ready to be fitted. cant WAIT for my car to come!!!!

Last edited by frankmehta : 19th September 2008 at 13:55.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:02   #68

Goodie Goodie!! Paint the Mesh Black. Silver will look Ricer and white wont suit much!! Are you smoking them lights??
Old 19th September 2008, 14:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
QuUESTION: WHAT COLOUR SHOULD THE AIRDAM MESH AND GRILLE BE? IF THE BUMPER IS WHITE WITH A BLACK BORDER ON ITS WAISTLINE? BLACK? SILVER? WHITE? THESE ARE THE OPTIONS!
Glossy gunmetal finish would look good.
Old 19th September 2008, 14:17   #70

Here is the BLACK GRILLE

Esteem Mid Life makeover-black.jpg

Here is the WHITE GRILLE

Esteem Mid Life makeover-white.jpg

Here is the SILVER/Gunmetal Finish GRILLE

Esteem Mid Life makeover-silver.jpg

Now you choose!!
Old 19th September 2008, 22:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

im going with black!!!!!!
just thought of these colours..
yes cyrus!
the lights will be smoked.. the tail lamps, the tail blazer, the front and side indicator lights and fog lights and a part of the headlights..

Last edited by frankmehta : 19th September 2008 at 22:14.
Old 20th September 2008, 02:10   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
im going with black!!!!!!
just thought of these colours..
yes cyrus!
the lights will be smoked.. the tail lamps, the tail blazer, the front and side indicator lights and fog lights and a part of the headlights..
which Part of the Headlights?? Also, When the lights are smoked, please give us a detailed "How to"!!

Also, what kingd of mesh have you selected. I mean, what is the spacing between the holes?
Old 20th September 2008, 13:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

the lights are going to be smoked next week..
but as of now the knowledge i have is that the lights are rubbed with sandpaper for a while, then they are buffed with that roller thingie..
the colour is mixed with a ratio of 5:1 thinner:colour ratio and the lights are sprayed black..
thats how i think it goes..
the seats have been finalized. im going for a butterscotch art leather colour which is not in the shade guide..
getting it done from the same fellow who does the spray paint graphics on cars in mumbai (yes cyrus, the fellow who did the swift dzire flames)
will post pics of the seats soon...
the mesh i've selected is PURE stainless steel of 24 gauge.. its got a nice perforated kinda look on it but i cant explain the exact design..
i went and picked it up myself..
when the car's ready i'll take photos of the mesh and post them

Last edited by frankmehta : 20th September 2008 at 13:05.
Old 20th September 2008, 16:57   #74

Nice to see progress!! That air brush guy is Really Really Good!!
Old 20th September 2008, 17:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

i walked into his shop today and he showed me a lot of designs!
he also picked up a superbly detailed fuel tank of a cruiser!!
the finish of the tank was quote unbelievable though!
his name is sudarshan. and i'm meeting him on monday for the seats. they have a shop since 30 years at nana chowk in mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks