Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 11:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I have a V6 off an SUV with AWD et al "lying around somewhere". Gotta check.
What else do you have "lying around"? Maybe few of us can drop by and get ourselves some Christmas gifts!!
Old 12th September 2008, 11:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@ Abhik

The mating of the engine & gearbox needs an adapter plate. The worrysome issue will be the brakes.
The adapter plate is the main issue, dont know specific techs but RedMM tried to mate his Jeeps stock 4X4 tranny with the Scorpio's 2.6L heart and was a long process to get it right as he had to get it custom made through a CNC machine. Took him 6months to get it right, as i read in one of his threads.

There are many brade upgrades available now and Arush does have these options available i believe, so shoul'nt be an issue.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
The adapter plate is the main issue, dont know specific techs but RedMM tried to mate his Jeeps stock 4X4 tranny with the Scorpio's 2.6L heart and was a long process to get it right as he had to get it custom made through a CNC machine. Took him 6months to get it right, as i read in one of his threads.

There are many brade upgrades available now and Arush does have these options available i believe, so shoul'nt be an issue.

Well on the contrary I was told that the adapter plate would not cause much problem. . In any case I am gonna try out a 4WD in the coming week - let's see what comes out of it !!!

Cheers
Old 12th September 2008, 17:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
..a junked jonga and fit it with a 407 engine.and big big wheels and tires and smash other people's cars who try to get into your lane in a traffic jam.
Wild Idea, cheap and workable!

Quote:
Just picture this at the Stop light - some kid with flashy alloys & LOUD music looks at this "mere gypsy" driven by a not so young man & he smirks !! The lights turn green & with a screeeeech the Gypsy leaves him in this cloud of dust !! LOL LOL The scenario is too amusing LOL LOL !!!
Simple, for this situation, get a baleno power, FFE, Custom Headers and a revised CAM with a modded gearbox. The Gypsy WILL fly.

Otherwise, the gearing of the gypsy is not much suited for dragging but for more pulling / lugging / torque!

Even with a super duper engine, the existing king gearbox will NOT let you beat a drag even with a puny 1.3 esteem MPFi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
  • What can one expect as the price to dispose off the 1.3L MPFI from the Gypsy king
Wow, Khan, you've become my best friend!

Quote:
Anyone having experianced a power steering fitted into a Gypsy ?
Yeah on a gypsy with a Toyota 2CT engine. The gypsy does not require power steering - my honest input!

Quote:
I have a V6 off an SUV with AWD et al lying around somewhere.
Aah, there I've got one more best friend! [sorry no smiley for you as i dont wanna get infracted]
Old 13th September 2008, 03:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
What else do you have "lying around"? Maybe few of us can drop by and get ourselves some Christmas gifts!!
Dude, you don't even want to go there. V4, V6, V6, I4, I4, I4, and those are just the engines. Not even starting on parts...
Old 15th September 2008, 09:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, you don't even want to go there. V4, V6, V6, I4, I4, I4, and those are just the engines. Not even starting on parts...
What makes are the I4s, all 3 of them please? And is the V4 of a motorbike?
And bro, how do you have these engines and parts just lying around?
Old 15th September 2008, 09:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ abhik

So what have you decieded ? Are you ready to roll on the project Gypsy / Jeep ? IMHO, Consider the Baleno engine option or TC the King as is.

Cheers
Old 15th September 2008, 10:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Other than the engine,does the gypsy king have any more differences to the old gypsy?

i mean chassis,suspension etc.
Old 15th September 2008, 10:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other than the engine,does the gypsy king have any more differences to the old gypsy?

For one it is "wide/r track" than the previous gen Gypsy, has a 5 speed gearbox vs a 4 speed on it's predecessor. Suspension would be similar if not the same.

Cheers
Old 15th September 2008, 10:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

So what'll be the price of a used one with a clean chassis,non accidental.just an approximate price.
Old 15th September 2008, 13:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

2 lakhs upwards for a clean chassis, non accident vehicles
Old 15th September 2008, 20:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what'll be the price of a used one with a clean chassis,non accidental.just an approximate price.

About 1.5L for a carb version & upto 2L for the MPFI. Those are the approx. numbers that I have been able to gather.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2008, 08:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

BTW, guys, there are some gypsies for sale in Chennai - Interested PM me. All are used and there is a lone KIng.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti made it a little easy to differentiate.
MG413W-Deciphers into Maruti Gypsy 4WD 1300CC Wide track.
These were the major differences. just 2 for that matter, the engine and wide track, not sure if the old 410 was a 4x4 or not.

On the exterior the hood of the 413 has a little muscle and the grille is different with mesh and rounded head lamps.
Old 19th September 2008, 10:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
@ abhik

So what have you decieded ? Are you ready to roll on the project Gypsy / Jeep ? IMHO, Consider the Baleno engine option or TC the King as is.

Cheers
After much thought i just dont feel right about a Gypsy to Jeep conversion because a Gypsy will never feel like a Jeep, i am sure Arush can make an excellent job into the conversion but still i just want a Jeep.

And right now the best option seems an MM550 or 540 into an 06 Rubicon or Wrangler. Which will be very easy. Just doing a little research on sourcing a new Scorpio 2.6 Turbo.
Will put up my wish list later sometime in the Jeeps and 4x4 section when i am definite on the project and its feaseability. Besides finding a MM550/540 will be difficult, will have to get one from an Army auction.

Infact just yesterday i was in Janakpuri where i saw a Jeep M&M 540 soft top done up in Moga and was exactly what i wanted. It had a custom made dash, huge mud tyres and all. Nothing fancy and just perfect. I will go to visit the owner on sunday and ask the details and try and get pics..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks