Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Shan2nu, I tend to (respectfully) disagree with you on some regards. It is not always going to be easy to do a dyano test on these stuff. We may need two cars of the same spec (with similar or no mods) available for the dyno, one with the headers and one without, to do a comparitive study.
Sorry to poke my nose on the off-topic discussion, but I tend to disagree (respectfully as you said) with the above statement. One doesn't need two cars with the same spec- it isn't difficult, but impossible to get two cars to the same spec in all and sundry aspects. A dyno test is executed only with a single car (working as a control). In this example, one first needs to dyno the car w/o the headers to establish what is known as a "baseline". Then the exhaust system (headers) is bolted on, and another pull is made. The before and after figures can then be recorded, graphs overlayed (if need be) and the power/tq figures compared and contrasted.

This is the only way to establish gains from a performance mod. Of course all this assuming that compensation, SAE correction etc. is accurately accounted for.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Having the stock OEM end pipe which has a smaller diameter, will increase the back pressure and hence a noticeable drop in performance. Yes, this will help mute the exhaust note but on the expense of a drop in performance too. To reap the full benefits of the FFE, its better to have a wide dia end pipe.

How about shoving more glass wool into the end can, I guess that might help to some extent. Did that for my RX's exhaust when it was too noisy.
Could you tell me how much of a difference can i expect from filling it with glass wool ?
Old 29th May 2009, 22:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Could you tell me how much of a difference can i expect from filling it with glass wool ?
It does decrease the amount of loudness but you will still have the mild hum. I would infact suggest you to go back to Raj and explain to him how you want your exhaust note to be altered with not much loss in performance. Am sure they will either mute it accordingly using glass wool or probably do some other alterations or build another custom one. In fact, I was reading elsewhere on the forum that on longer usage of these endcans, there is a deposit of Carbon with causes the sound to increase. So probably you could even try getting your endcan cleaned to remove the carbon deposit. I would suggest you to visit Raj and get the exhaust altered according to your taste.
Old 30th May 2009, 22:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
It does decrease the amount of loudness but you will still have the mild hum. I would infact suggest you to go back to Raj and explain to him how you want your exhaust note to be altered with not much loss in performance. Am sure they will either mute it accordingly using glass wool or probably do some other alterations or build another custom one. In fact, I was reading elsewhere on the forum that on longer usage of these endcans, there is a deposit of Carbon with causes the sound to increase. So probably you could even try getting your endcan cleaned to remove the carbon deposit. I would suggest you to visit Raj and get the exhaust altered according to your taste.
Ok thanks buddy, i'll do that. Below are pics taken of my stock muffler, what is that thing inside ?

I know it's not in Prime condition ..
Attached Thumbnails
Help with OHC Muffler replacement-30052009212.jpg  

Help with OHC Muffler replacement-30052009214.jpg  

Old 30th May 2009, 23:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Ok thanks buddy, i'll do that. Below are pics taken of my stock muffler, what is that thing inside ?

I know it's not in Prime condition ..
Looks like the rusted metal chipped off the inner walls and is accumulated there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks