Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

headers, speedsport is a part of the autopsyche team
Old 18th September 2008, 14:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

@headers - as mentioned in the previous post its running bigger brakes and street sport suspension.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
@ricky sorry forgot to mention the car IS running bigger brakes/booster and upgraded suspension. the front anti roll bar is running teflon bushes and is running an under body brace to keep things tight, also running a higher cfm radiator fan to keep things cool.
Hi SpeedSport, fabulous mods ! Could we have more details & pics of the installs please ?

Could you also delight us with details on the bigger brakes & sports springs & struts your cars' running ?
Old 18th September 2008, 18:14   #34
BHPian

@srini - the brake are from a esteem, the cars running on standard springs with koni front and tokico rears. pretty decent they are....
Old 18th September 2008, 18:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

What brakes are you running ? Esteem rotors or just brakepad upgrade ? Please enlighten .

The way your engine is built - I suspect you are looking at a Turbo sometime in the future !! Am I right ? WOW what would this already insanely fast pocket rocket do if & when you turbo charge it !!!

Cheers
Old 18th September 2008, 19:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

He's most probably running esteem-ventilated type disc rotors and kit.
Aftermarket suspension kit for Zen I've heard of is SuzukiSport. Or maybe a psych'd job
Old 18th September 2008, 20:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

This is weird - I post a question / comment, the answer to which appears after a few hours. Like the brake question & answer above. It appears like you just said something xxxxxx & the next post I am like asking the question...whatever !!!

Cheers
Old 18th September 2008, 20:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

I guess since he is a newbie his posts have to be approved by the mods, so they show up later hehe.
Old 19th September 2008, 00:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Nice car, bro. Seems like an ideal fun car, especially for a twisty road and some nice switchbacks. Hope you have a good aftermarket steering wheel, cos the Zen's stock one is quite bad when it comes to heavy input.
I just realised, those wheels probably cost more than the stock car! I know of another, very very similar car in BLR, only in white.

I'd suggest trying 175/60 or 185/60 R13s for the Zen. Give it a nice squat stance without sticking out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Awesome build. This is gonna be my next project. Nice wheels you got there man. Compomotives are really good when it comes to light weight wheels but very expensive.
Compos ain't light, man. All rally wheels are freakin' heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The way your engine is built - I suspect you are looking at a Turbo sometime in the future !! Am I right ? WOW what would this already insanely fast pocket rocket do if & when you turbo charge it !!!
I doubt an FI job is in the offing. The fuelling system as well as the cam and pistons seems to suggest this will be a strictly NA setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
He's most probably running esteem-ventilated type disc rotors and kit.
Aftermarket suspension kit for Zen I've heard of is SuzukiSport. Or maybe a psych'd job
Penske, Dynamics, a whole host of others. Anyway Reiger, DMS all make on order, so if you have the cash...
Old 19th September 2008, 12:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Hope you have a good aftermarket steering wheel, cos the Zen's stock one is quite bad when it comes to heavy input.
Akshay, right ? Ok, are you referring to the steering response of the new zen with 12" rims and electric PS?

Cos, The old one with 13"rims and normal steering was pretty good, unless one is doing insane speeds
Old 19th September 2008, 14:38   #41
BHPian

@v1p3r- running a momo deep dish steering wheel and an autometer shift light. and compomotive arent any heavier than normal alloy wheels just 10 times stronger and wheels design is such that there is kind of a force feed air induction to the brake so help them keep cooler. think your taking about jaggi's old car?

@ ricky- yes once get bored with this next in line is a 16v head, fuel injection and a turbo, you know what my other not so 'pocket' rocket project is so when thats done want something which would give that a run for its money . so yes turbo is on the cards but in a while... and desperatly need a pair of good recliners .. a lot of times i have half my back side off the seat
Old 19th September 2008, 14:41   #42
BHPian

and yes the brakes are from the esteem, but the booster is a suzuki sport one .
Old 19th September 2008, 14:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

I thought carb zens and esteems came with a 8v head!
Dude, there are many esteem/zens which run a 16v head and a carb set-up, if you didnt know!
The cylinder head cover casting is the same for the 16v and 8v.
Nothing like a 16v head in a zen.

Joel
Old 19th September 2008, 15:04   #44

Forget the Performance for a second!! That is one VERY well maintained car. And you are still running it in original factory paint i presume!! Well done!
Old 19th September 2008, 15:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
@v1p3r- running a momo deep dish steering wheel and an autometer shift light. and compomotive arent any heavier than normal alloy wheels just 10 times stronger and wheels design is such that there is kind of a force feed air induction to the brake so help them keep cooler. think your taking about jaggi's old car?

@ ricky- yes once get bored with this next in line is a 16v head, fuel injection and a turbo, you know what my other not so 'pocket' rocket project is so when thats done want something which would give that a run for its money . so yes turbo is on the cards but in a while... and desperatly need a pair of good recliners .. a lot of times i have half my back side off the seat

Oh ok !! So I was not too much off the mark - was I ? I am getting goose pimples thinking of the insane power the car already has & to top that a TCing job !! WOW - if you are that fond of flying get a CPL & fly all over the world , instead of restricting yourself to mere roads !!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks