Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 00:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus, Magnaflow doesnt, but Remus and Milltek Sport do make catbacks which are available here.
Old 26th September 2008, 04:26   #17
BHPian

Piper Exhausts make a complete bolt on exhaust system for the skoda vrs which starts from the downpipe,amazing craftsmanship,hope i could help,cheers,happy revving..!
Old 26th September 2008, 13:52   #18
evo
BHPian

Since we are on this, whats the real world difference between a catback and the full exhaust?

Cheers
Old 26th September 2008, 14:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

All I would do is ensure that the car is tuned to perfrom like the spec sheet. Even you get 130+ bhp where rubber meets the road you are doing fine.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:52   #20
evo
BHPian

@navin: Pls can you elaborate on the "tuned to perform like the spec sheet" bit. thanks.

Last edited by evo : 26th September 2008 at 14:55.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ evo - i think he meant that the car should be "well tuned" in stock form.

hope you are enjoying the phase 1 remap!!
Old 27th September 2008, 11:29   #22
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ evo - i think he meant that the car should be "well tuned" in stock form.

hope you are enjoying the phase 1 remap!!
Aha, ok.

Yes , the remap is lots of fun, though I have become a bully because of it!
Old 27th September 2008, 12:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Since we are on this, whats the real world difference between a catback and the full exhaust?

Cheers
Cat-Back: Removes stock exhaust restrictions after the catalytic converter. In most cases these would namely include the cat-con, mid-muffler and end-can. These can either be removed completely or replaced with high-flow ones, namely bigger dia intermediate pipes, high flow cat-con, high flow mid-muffler and end-can with less restricted fins/meshes/resonators etc.
Marginal increase in performance.
Louder exhaust note.
The headers remain stock.

"Full Exhaust" or Free-Flow Exhaust(FFE): Includes the above plus a re-designed set of headers to increase top-end or low-end or mid-range grunt or a mix by playing around with the dia of the pipes.
The "playing around" bit however is not that simple, the dia has to be calculated based on the exhaust port dia etc., else you end up with a loss of performance,basically torque.
Best complimented by a High-flow air filter to see a decent amount of performance increse as compared to stock.
The rev-counter/tachometer will best tell you how freely and easily the engine revs.
Old 28th September 2008, 03:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

You could try hooking up a boost controller, dial in a little more pressure, should be good for some extra whp. Make sure you take it to someone good, or it's bye-bye bhp instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Its got a bullet-proof engine that lugs like a train and gallops in a hurry.
It's got a crap piece of engineering that needs a turbo to put out just about as much power as an NA Civic. This despite 5 valves per cylinder. And let's not even mention sludge formation after 80k kms. But that's just my personal opinion, since I'm a Japaholic until I can afford a Lamborghini! I've seen some pretty mad RSs, that spin wheels even shifting into 4th gear.
Old 28th September 2008, 09:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You could try hooking up a boost controller, dial in a little more pressure, should be good for some extra whp. Make sure you take it to someone good, or it's bye-bye bhp instead.

It's got a crap piece of engineering that needs a turbo to put out just about as much power as an NA Civic. This despite 5 valves per cylinder. And let's not even mention sludge formation after 80k kms. But that's just my personal opinion, since I'm a Japaholic until I can afford a Lamborghini! I've seen some pretty mad RSs, that spin wheels even shifting into 4th gear.
thats . reminds me of a midnight in Blore.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:13   #26
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Cat-Back: Removes stock exhaust restrictions after the catalytic converter. In most cases these would namely include the cat-con, mid-muffler and end-can. These can either be removed completely or replaced with high-flow ones, namely bigger dia intermediate pipes, high flow cat-con, high flow mid-muffler and end-can with less restricted fins/meshes/resonators etc.
Marginal increase in performance.
Louder exhaust note.
The headers remain stock.

"Full Exhaust" or Free-Flow Exhaust(FFE): Includes the above plus a re-designed set of headers to increase top-end or low-end or mid-range grunt or a mix by playing around with the dia of the pipes.
The "playing around" bit however is not that simple, the dia has to be calculated based on the exhaust port dia etc., else you end up with a loss of performance,basically torque.
Best complimented by a High-flow air filter to see a decent amount of performance increse as compared to stock.
The rev-counter/tachometer will best tell you how freely and easily the engine revs.
Aha, thank you very much!
Old 28th September 2008, 17:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
That "L" from the number plate can be removed to make a special number plate.
that was a good one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks