Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 11:52   #16
BHPian

Pratham Motors, Bangalore:

URL: Official Maruti Car Dealers in Bangalore - Pratham Motors

Contact Mr. Selvam (Manager Accessories) at 98801 55880

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th November 2008 at 15:24. Reason: see note in post
Old 5th November 2008, 13:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
Pratham Motors, Bangalore:

URL: Official Maruti Car Dealers in Bangalore - Pratham Motors

Contact Mr. Selvam (Manager Accessories) at 98801 55880

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Thanks a lot. Will keep you all posted. Most probably this weekend I shall give it a shot
Old 5th November 2008, 15:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
could you please post some close up pictures of the final installation? It will be helpful for fellow swift owners
Here are two photographs which is what I could manage on a night back at home after a working day. Apologize for the quality as its taken from a cell phone :
Attached Thumbnails
Help regarding digital clock installation in Swift.-image001.jpg  

Help regarding digital clock installation in Swift.-image002.jpg  

Old 5th November 2008, 15:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Here are two photographs which is what I could manage on a night back at home after a working day. Apologize for the quality as its taken from a cell phone :
This is the same clock that I have installed in my car from Pratham Motors, Bangalore.
Old 5th November 2008, 16:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
This is the same clock that I have installed in my car from Pratham Motors, Bangalore.
Think you mentioned it cost you around Rs. 500/-. For me the cost was only Rs. 150 and the labour cost was rs. 50.
Old 5th November 2008, 17:40   #21
BHPian

em kay- the clock looks cool.
the green back glow is nice.what company is it?please share details
Old 5th November 2008, 18:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi
i had installed the digital clock in my swift ldi,cost is 500.installation is free.
though it looks exactly like the factory fitted clock
i am totally not satisfied with the clock.reasons
1)the clock illumination is not bright like the factory fitted one
2)the clock will not be switched off even if you remove the key
3)the clock never shows the correct time.when you start the engine the clock resets to 12:00
imho,this digital clock,a MGA, is a waste
His experience with the MGA clock is rather accurate. There have been far too many instances when I have been shocked at the time shown on the clock. One particular incident comes to mind - I left home at 0915 for a meeting scheduled for 1000. When I got to the car the clock showed 1018 and I had a mini heart attack! After that, I've stopped looking at the clock and even if I do, it is only to get a very vague estimate of what the time might be. Trouble is there isn't a reliable MGA replacement
Old 6th November 2008, 12:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
em kay- the clock looks cool.
the green back glow is nice.what company is it?please share details
Thanks for the compliment. But the whole packing was so nondescript that I have forgotten the brand name itself. It was some Gurgaon company. Hope when ghostrider gets the product in Mumbai we can get the name though I seriously doubt you may get this product by the brand name in every shop as it may not be that popular.

ghostrider : please inform whether you could trace the shop and get the product in Lamington Road.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Think you mentioned it cost you around Rs. 500/-. For me the cost was only Rs. 150 and the labour cost was rs. 50.
I bought it 2 years back. I couldn't recollect the exact price as it was not much. But its the same as yours.

Last edited by Swifty2008 : 6th November 2008 at 15:38. Reason: Added more details
Old 6th November 2008, 19:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
hi
i had installed the digital clock in my swift ldi,cost is 500.installation is free.
though it looks exactly like the factory fitted clock
i am totally not satisfied with the clock.reasons
1)the clock illumination is not bright like the factory fitted one
2)the clock will not be switched off even if you remove the key
3)the clock never shows the correct time.when you start the engine the clock resets to 12:00
imho,this digital clock,a MGA, is a waste
I Got one fitted in my LDi 3 months back - it was for 350 including installation - It's got a nice orange backlight, which comes up only when I turn the parking/headlights on - The intensity of the backlight is equal to the Odo's intensity at lowest... It does'nt switch off when key is removed and haven't had a problem of wrong time (Infact I need to keep a track of 2 timezones - so this one shows IST and the HU clock shows GMT)
It wasn't fitted from MGA - a local accessories shop. Will Post the pics soon...
Old 7th November 2008, 16:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys..A query.
As far as i know SX4 comes with digital clock with temperature gauge.
if we source it from can MGA,can we fix it in swift.will the temperature gauge work?
Old 7th November 2008, 17:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Ramsagar - Depends on which version of the Swift you have. If you have one with a climate control (ZXi, ZDi) then it should work as they have built in temperature sensors on the dash. But if you one with a manual A/C then you will need to buy a temperature sensor for it to work.
Old 19th November 2008, 12:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

@vikram:mine is VXI model,so can we get the whole set with sensors and clock and get it fixed?if so pls let me know & what could be the expecting price?
Old 19th November 2008, 13:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
@vikram:mine is VXI model,so can we get the whole set with sensors and clock and get it fixed?if so pls let me know & what could be the expecting price?
Temperature sensor they may be hiding inside the cabin as it is very small. It may come along with the clock and temerature sensor kit also.
Better check with MASS once. I think it would be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
@Ramsagar - Depends on which version of the Swift you have. If you have one with a climate control (ZXi, ZDi) then it should work as they have built in temperature sensors on the dash. But if you one with a manual A/C then you will need to buy a temperature sensor for it to work.
Vikram mine SX4 is Vxi it has temperature control but not climate control. I believe it is not necessary to have climate control to get temperature control.
Old 19th November 2008, 13:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Vikram mine SX4 is Vxi it has temperature control but not climate control. I believe it is not necessary to have climate control to get temperature control.
I was talking about temperature sensors and temperature controls. In the climate control versions of suzuki cars there are two temperature senors inside the cabin to monitor the cabin temperature. I am talking about those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks