Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 20:31   #1
BHPian

Help regarding digital clock installation in Swift.

Today picked up a digital clock for installation in the slot near the windscreen/dashboard joining point. Took it to the M.A.S.S electrician who refused to install stating that Maruti has no guidelines for installing the clock though the slot is for the accessory. Asked me to approach some workshop electricians.
Can anyone give inputs on the same. The clock is a wide strip one which would go into the slot. But I suppose holes will have to be drilled to allow the wires to go inside and even fixing the plastics.
Old 31st October 2008, 22:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

no yaar, buy the rs 500-600 titoni one which is supposed to be OEM on the 2008 swifts.

even otherwise, it fits perfectly.
Old 1st November 2008, 19:15   #3
BHPian

Swift digital clock - installed - separate thread as previous closed by moderator !!

Today an electrician tried to conn me stating that the slot cover is fixed internally by screws and prising the cover out will lead to it breaking so the installation has to be done after opening up the dashboard. So the labour cost would be Rs. 700. I decided to go to another guy. He coolly prised out the cover and after opening the slots for the deck player, installed the thing connecting the wires onto the connectors for the player. Fully satisfied with th work and the total labour cost only Rs. 80.

Giving this information just in case it can be of help to any Swift owner.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd November 2008 at 09:40. Reason: Thread opened
Old 1st November 2008, 19:22   #4
BHPian

Emkay,

I really want to get this done on my Swift. It's an LDi, and I want to get the clock put in. Can you tell me if this is the same clock that is available on the VDi and VXi? (Orange backlight with grey/black numerals, abt 1.5 inches long)

I asked M.A.S.S. when my LDi went for its first service, and they said they have no clocks since they're not getting any from the sources.

I'd really appreciate if you could (a) Post a pic, and (b) tell me where you got it from and what you paid for the clock itself.

Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd November 2008 at 09:41. Reason: No need to quote complete post if the original post is in same page
Old 1st November 2008, 20:38   #5
BHPian

could you please post some close up pictures of the final installation? It will be helpful for fellow swift owners
Old 1st November 2008, 23:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, the Titoni one (500-600) comes in that price, and 50-80 bucks (or even free) is the correct labor (depending on how you haggle).

Thirst ji, not much really there to click Just follow the instructions above, or go to a half-decent installer
Old 1st November 2008, 23:57   #7
BHPian

hi
i had installed the digital clock in my swift ldi,cost is 500.installation is free.
though it looks exactly like the factory fitted clock
i am totally not satisfied with the clock.reasons
1)the clock illumination is not bright like the factory fitted one
2)the clock will not be switched off even if you remove the key
3)the clock never shows the correct time.when you start the engine the clock resets to 12:00
imho,this digital clock,a MGA, is a waste
Old 2nd November 2008, 00:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi
i had installed the digital clock in my swift ldi,cost is 500.installation is free.
3)the clock never shows the correct time.when you start the engine the clock resets to 12:00
That really sucks. I wonder if this is a problem with all retrofits or whether its specific to your installation (in which case either the piece is faulty or your installation was wrong).

I guess Emkay can clear things up for us.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:03   #9
BHPian

Firstly a thanks to the Moderators for guiding my posts to the right slot on the board.

The clock I procured was from a shop at Lamington Road ( corner shop on the right side while walking down from Opera House, after first right intersection road.).

So it has no similarity with the Maruti accessory on later versions of Swift. To the best of my knowledge Maruti is not offering the accessory as such on Swift VXI / LXI even as an add-on.

I will definitely post a photograph at the earliest. The background light is green and even in off condition the numerals are visible. This is not to my liking as in daylight the exact times can be difficult to make out. But at night time it works perfect. When ignition is on, the display comes on while in off condition the clock maintains time without displaying.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:11   #10
BHPian

emkay456 -what you are talking about is not a MGA digital clock,i guess.
the MGA clock has an orange back ground light.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:19   #11
BHPian

Thanks for the reply, Emkay. Much appreciated. Will check the shops some time this week. Cheers.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi
My friend fitted the clock in which he need to change the batteries which last for i year or so
I am also planning for my Getz. Any specific brand which i should look for
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:56   #13
BHPian

I too have a Digital clock installed on my Swift VXI. As far as I could remember, the cost was not more than 500 and the installation was free. It was available with the MASS dealer itself and I got it installed before I took the delivery.
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:05   #14
BHPian

I am not able to source the same from MASS for the last one year. Anyone could give me a good place in BLR for the same ?

Thanks
Old 5th November 2008, 07:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I am not able to source the same from MASS for the last one year. Anyone could give me a good place in BLR for the same ?

Thanks
Hi,

I got my car from Pratham Motors, Outer Ring Road, Marathahalli. Please contact Pratham Motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks