Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2005, 17:18   #16
BHPian

How much would leaves cost anyways just in case we wanna put new ones
anyone in bombay we could procure those from ......

Dipen
good observation man
i surely did not notice it

cheers
Old 5th April 2005, 20:15   #17

hey Edmund, that honda city belongs to Allen ,dosent it. its done my carmodernize.
Old 5th April 2005, 21:51   #18
BHPian

Somehow I don't think that the Honda's front bumer looks too good... The raked air scoops are too high for that car, which itself has got to be a lot lower and taller to look good with those... but I like the rear... and I didn't particularly like the rims too... somehow thin 5-spoke 15" Honda rims (from O.Z. I think... saw 'em at the Whitefield showroom) look best on that car... But i like the front headlamp and grille section... well done car overall...!!

Cheers!!
Aveek
Old 6th April 2005, 02:56   #19
BHPian

Yup!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpower
hey Edmund, that honda city belongs to Allen ,dosent it. its done my carmodernize.
You got that right man!!!It is Allens car.......sounds sweet an goes like its tail is on fire.......i tried to get him to drag it at the speed run but he doesnt believe in racing his work.....he'd rather see someone else race his stuff!!!
Old 6th April 2005, 03:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_dui
How much would leaves cost anyways just in case we wanna put new ones
anyone in bombay we could procure those from ......

cheers
Hey.......wouldn't be able to tell you how much the fiberglass leaf springs will cost as i got them from my Uncle who in his prime ran a modification garage and his friend who worked with the material made them for his M800 project which was later abandoned!
The OEM leaf springs are around 3K......
Old 6th April 2005, 03:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
Somehow I don't think that the Honda's front bumer looks too good... The raked air scoops are too high for that car, which itself has got to be a lot lower and taller to look good with those... but I like the rear... and I didn't particularly like the rims too... somehow thin 5-spoke 15" Honda rims (from O.Z. I think... saw 'em at the Whitefield showroom) look best on that car... But i like the front headlamp and grille section... well done car overall...!!

Cheers!!
Aveek
Aveek.....brother.......my photography doesnot do justice to the car.....
Trust me....
The car is tastefully and agressively done.....i will try and get some better pics.....hang on!!!!
Old 6th April 2005, 08:18   #22
BHPian

Paint it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
damn thats a nice 800 man. looks kicking for sure. what colour are you planning to paint it now.

Hey jess.....wanted to paint it black originally but have reconsidered because of the high maintainence involved......think i'll go in for Nissan Skyline GTR blue...... the colour has grown on me sorta!!!
constructive criticism gladly accepted......go on shoot!!!
Anyone....
Old 6th April 2005, 12:23   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Hey jess.....wanted to paint it black originally but have reconsidered because of the high maintainence involved......think i'll go in for Nissan Skyline GTR blue...... the colour has grown on me sorta!!!
constructive criticism gladly accepted......go on shoot!!!
Anyone....
well i have recently got my same 800 painted to RED again as it was. ill post the pics up soon. black is nice and so is blue i love both. was gonna suggeset u the same since u are on track what can i say take your time and spray it
Old 4th May 2005, 21:06   #24
BHPian

Seat upgrade!!!

I now have Pseudo Sparco seat shells that were moulded in fiberglass and are heading for upholstering.............
and i'd like to know which one of these blue black combos shoud be the winning design!!!!

Design # 1

Design # 2

Design # 3

Design # 4

Design # 5

Pictures courtesy: www.corbeau.com www.sparcousa.com

Last edited by Edmund : 4th May 2005 at 21:25. Reason: Source of pictures
Old 4th May 2005, 21:14   #25
BHPian

Seat upgrade!!!

Just post the design number that you fancy and why you like it.......and if you have a better design go ahead and post the picture please!!!!

Choice of material should be cloth or art leather???

If you could keep in mind that my car will be painted Skyline blue......soon!!!
Old 4th May 2005, 21:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Design 5. looks agressive and yet pretty comfortable.
Old 4th May 2005, 22:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Design 5 gets my thumbs up too, i think it looks so much more masculine than the rest of them.
Old 4th May 2005, 22:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Hey.......wouldn't be able to tell you how much the fiberglass leaf springs will cost as i got them from my Uncle who in his prime ran a modification garage and his friend who worked with the material made them for his M800 project which was later abandoned!
The OEM leaf springs are around 3K......
Nice car man. The old body 800 has so much soul and character. Take care of it.....will soon be a classic. Seat wise I like #2 but it dosent recline, will kill your back on a long drive. #5 is probably more practical.

BTW, was'nt your uncle involved in designing a mid engined M-800 conversion. What ever happened to that car??
Old 4th May 2005, 23:35   #29
BHPian

Guys........i'm looking for upholstery design........not seats........
I already have the seats and they dont recline!!! But i love race seats.....just have to get the lumbar support right!!!
Old 4th May 2005, 23:49   #30
BHPian

hey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Nice car man. The old body 800 has so much soul and character. Take care of it.....will soon be a classic. Seat wise I like #2 but it dosent recline, will kill your back on a long drive. #5 is probably more practical.

BTW, was'nt your uncle involved in designing a mid engined M-800 conversion. What ever happened to that car??
Firstly thanks for the compliment.......i love the car.....
now....about my unc'...........the mid engined 800 was completed and was even featured in the BSM........DC did the bodywork.......it was a red one and it rocked!!!

I ripped off the seats from an abandoned contessa 2 seater lying in his garage.......... they are fixed backs......non recliner types......need to decide on an upholstery design!!!

Most Viewed