Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 09:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Its listed as 28000 in the Petes online store. Is the price low in the shops?
Old 10th August 2009, 15:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Petes tuning box is available for both Scorpio CRe and M Hawk.
You will get 20bhp and 40Nm torque extra.My suggestion is if you are going for tuning box better change the suspension.Petes have Bilstein suspension for scorpio.
Pete's has around 6 different suspensions. Anyone knows which one for Scorpio?

Thanks,
Old 4th November 2009, 13:18   #33
BHPian

Could you please, update your experiences with Petes.
Any Mhawk owners with Petes like to share their experiences, please.

Here is my update:
Lost the Mhawk.
So got it done on Laura -DSG- after 1000Kms with help of Viper. ECU remap( tuneit or something I dont know -what he did), Catback exhaust and Green cotton -dynamic airbox. Laura is doing fine. Pickup is better- feel is fantastic and matches with that of Verna VGT, noise increased.

FE- 12kmpl when drive at 150-200 kmph, apprx. 16kmpl under 120 kmph, 21kmpl- around 80kmph and 23kmpl around 60kmph. Best FE Pune-Mumbai 25kmpl on expressway - speed approx. 70kmph average.

No changes visible except the tip of exhaust. Not yet needed any warranty claim so dont know the status of warranty whether invalid now. Just a lot of black smoke/soot on pedal pushing- which fouls the reverse parking sensors and rear bumper.

VAG -Com software definitely, didnt detect any malfunction due to remap as I visited workshop for instrument console light dimmer switch problem.

Booked Mhawk Scorpio AT 4*4. Delivery dates not known, price- not known, features -not known- expected by Jan 2010 and hope that by then my insurance claim will also come through. Have all the intention to 'Pete' it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I just installed the Pete's box in my 2.6 Crde scorpio. It's worth every cent. I will post a detailed review soon. Took 3 seconds off the timing from 20 to 100 kmph.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:19   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome. Been waiting for this. The Scorp mHawk does take ages to move from 100 upwards. You have to literally scour for a dip in the roads to assist you. Its a behemoth. Learnt that when trying to keep up with a peted Getz and a peted Elantra.

Wasted man, just got wasted. So pete's and a better air filter is probably coming up pretty soon.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:18   #35
BANNED

Can Pete's improve mileage as well??

Hi All,
Sorry if it looks like I m hijacking this thread or if my question has been answered elsewhere.

I have a Scorp CRDe and am interested in Pete'ing it but I cannot afford to compromise on mileage. I m happy with its performance and want to install Pete's, if it can increase its mileage on long runs. I have heard of MHawks getting 15-16 kmpl at speeds of 110-120 on the highway.

Eagerly looking forward to the team's inputs.
Mods: Please feel free to move the post elsewhere if it is not appropriate here.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe it should. More torque = lesser gear shifts. And if you drive it with a light foot, there's no reason why the mileage should not be higher. If I understand right, pete's fools the ECU into thinking it needs more fuel when you stomp the accelerator...if you drive with restraint, the torque should take care of the rest.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:24   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
IMO Scorpio's aerodynamics not designed for flying speed on the higher side of 150 KPH...Pete's may take it upto 200???
Most diesel cars top speeds are limited by the gearing, At around 160kph in 5th gear the Scorpio might hit the 4000rpm so how can you expect it to go beyond that?

Same is the case for Accent, Elantra, Swift, Punto, Verna etc. All these cars hit the redline in 5th. Dont expect a unrealistic top speed increase with the tuning box unless gearing is modified.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:09   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I believe it should. More torque = lesser gear shifts.
Well, ideally yes, but I had called the Pete's dealer at Bangalore and he told me not to expect anything above 1kmpl increase in mileage..How do I measure 1kmpl??
Old 11th February 2010, 19:10   #39
BHPian

Have ordered a Petes box and recieved it but my Scorpio is yet to come. In the meantime after a friendly chat with some scorpio owners and fans, now wondering whether it would be safe to use it on Scorpio with Automatic Transmission.

Appreciate inputs from someone who may have some ideas on this. Else, I ll have to pass it on to a friend who is buying one with MT.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:54   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I know petes sources these products from psi in europe. Now i should be able to buy this abroad? So i can get rid of duty/margin? However, does petes further tune the box for scorpio after getting it here or is it the same as that of the safari? The scorpio is not listed in the psi website but the safari is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks