Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 13:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Their stuff last really long!
Do you rather it does not and break down every months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Can somebody help me get a better quote at Electra for my Corsa ?
Goto any of the tinkers of Chennai and ask them for a FFE, they may be cheaper.

Also, each car has a different routing or bending of the exhaust from the engine till the end of the car and this may increase / decrease the cost of any FFE / headers!

Quote:
Hi , Thanks for the info. I dont know why I have been quoted 16.5K when they seem to give every one 12K quote ! ...

The fact remains that unless you take your car on a dyno/roller before and after FFE , its hard to say if there are any gains etc.
Also, I am worried, if some people might con me about the Headers (
Friend, a cat con removal will not give you a performance gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Kannan, no offence meant, but you do seem to be very persistent that people should try out this Torque-Auto. You have even started a thread here.

Why dont you post your personal experience with this garage for others to read.
I see we are digressing
Old 24th July 2009, 14:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Next to foot-overbridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Its on the same side as HCL now before the Maruti Showroom. If your going towards HCL from the Velachery-Taramani Road Junction its around 150m further from the signal on the left. Its a little obscured now thanks to a large tree and road work but look carefully and you can't miss it.
There is a new foot overbridge being put up : use this as a reference...cant miss it. Electra is just next to the foot-overbridge on the left (as you go from the Madhya Kailash end of the OMR).
Old 24th July 2009, 14:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Kannan, no offence meant, but you do seem to be very persistent that people should try out this Torque-Auto. You have even started a thread here.

Why dont you post your personal experience with this garage for others to read.
Hi Esteem Lover,

I have my personal experience with this new garage guys. I had a peculiar problem with my Fiat Siena's in-tank fuel pump. The other well known automotive workshop(do not want to name it again) replaced the fuel pump twice, but could not sort out the problem of cold start trouble as well as raising Engine RPM without a bit of throttle for 2-3 months (my car then was refused to come down below 50KMPH-so I had to drive with my right foot on Brake pedal more often than the accelerator pedal).

While giving the car to the new garage I was initially skeptical, but to my pleasant surprise they were able to identify the root cause of the problem and solve it.

I agree with headers that we are digressing in this thread-but just want to post the reply. Thanks
Old 24th July 2009, 14:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Electra

Hi Guys,

Krupesh is very thorough in his job, he designed a set of custom Headers for my Petrol JEEP with F4-134, and installed a 2-Barrel Weber carburettor.

I prefer going to him for

1) JEEP FFE & Carb
2) Roll-Cage - excellent fabrication/fit & finish.

Regards,

Arka
Old 24th July 2009, 14:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Their stuff last really long!
So true, I got my FFE & CAI done at Electra's through SpeedWorks way back in 2006. It's been 3 years & I have no cause for complain & I've never had to go back due to issues in installation. The best thing is that the exhaust note is still something to die for !

Electra might be a tad pricey, but the advice is genuine & you get the comfort & reassurance of knowing that they've prepared a lot of track & rally cars - no 'Jugaads' there. Besides, there's usually some automotive exotic or oddity there to feast your eyes on
Old 24th July 2009, 16:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
So true, I got my FFE & CAI done at Electra's through SpeedWorks way back in 2006. It's been 3 years & I have no cause for complain & I've never had to go back due to issues in installation. The best thing is that the exhaust note is still something to die for !

Electra might be a tad pricey, but the advice is genuine & you get the comfort & reassurance of knowing that they've prepared a lot of track & rally cars - no 'Jugaads' there. Besides, there's usually some automotive exotic or oddity there to feast your eyes on
I definitely agree with Srini on Electra. Let Krupesh know what your requirements are and what we need to do in return while he is at work is "Shut up" :-). A little pricey but otherwise Electra is the place I would go to, for my next mod. Which Iam already discussing with Krupesh.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 24th July 2009 at 16:32.
Old 8th August 2009, 23:58   #37
BHPian

I hear there is a change in management and its a matter of months before K&K P's move out from electra.
Old 9th August 2009, 00:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hear there is a change in management and its a matter of months before K&K P's move out from electra.
This is the worst thing to happen to Chennai.
I can't get over this.
But, life's taught me that Necessity is the mother of invention. So, life moves on...
Old 9th August 2009, 07:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Utter BS - Please dont propogate rumours

Quote:
This is the worst thing to happen to Chennai.
I can't get over this.
But, life's taught me that Necessity is the mother of invention. So, life moves on...
Nitrous is philosophical - BTW you touched 50 ?
Old 9th August 2009, 08:07   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Utter BS - Please dont propogate rumours
Good Morning Fellas,

BS or not , I am not propogating any rumours. One of the ex-electra chieftain, did tell me about the change in management. He also told me that K has already cut down time spent in electra. The other K was busy with races and recently had two blown engines at the just concluded event at Sriperumudur. He will sort out that mess and finally leave Electra after that.

Now if the above news is not true, then it is M of recently opened T who is propogating this to all customers.

True or not, Truth is seldom sweet and sucks for some and is BS to some
Old 18th August 2009, 20:46   #41
BHPian

It is true that the management has changed, no doubt about it, and the rest is true if the other K comes out. we all are die hard fans and customers of Electra, but we have to accept the truth.
Quote:
Good Morning Fellas,

BS or not , I am not propogating any rumours. One of the ex-electra chieftain, did tell me about the change in management. He also told me that K has already cut down time spent in electra. The other K was busy with races and recently had two blown engines at the just concluded event at Sriperumudur. He will sort out that mess and finally leave Electra after that.

Now if the above news is not true, then it is M of recently opened T who is propogating this to all customers.

True or not, Truth is seldom sweet and sucks for some and is BS to some
Old 19th August 2009, 11:52   #42
BHPian

yes people, the management at electra has changed. they have also rented out the old premises to audi service. now there are a couple of people from maya motors(Mitsubishi A.S.S). the complete setup is being shifted to the current location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre1774 View Post
It is true that the management has changed, no doubt about it, and the rest is true if the other K comes out. we all are die hard fans and customers of Electra, but we have to accept the truth.
Old 28th October 2009, 23:29   #43

And we all know who the people are at torque auto dont we Mr.Kannan...
Old 29th October 2009, 17:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi al,
I fell elektra has lost its magic touch.Kamlesh is nowadays more into his sons racing career.
All the old guys the dream team incuding Chiki from elektra when it was in T.nagar efore moving to OMR have moved to a new place called HI-REV owned Race driver BalaVijay.
Do get in touch with me if u want further info.
i Feel HI-REV is the best in the business as of now.
Old 28th November 2009, 07:37   #45
BHPian

Hi guys, the recent news is that even mr, kurpesh has left Electra and has left for Australia, that means electra old name with new fresh guys, you can give your cars for repairs so that they learn how to do it or modify it. good luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks