Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 23:07   #31
BHPian

Thanks for the compliment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Hey buddy. Nice mods. The end can looks great.
Old 18th November 2008, 01:24   #32
BHPian

Looks like a clean setup. So can we have a good quality Exhaust note. I am sure we all want to hear your car dude.
Old 18th November 2008, 01:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Looks like a clean setup. So can we have a good quality Exhaust note. I am sure we all want to hear your car dude.
no nikki You want to hear the exhaust note...

What u doing on TBHP now? aren't you at work?
Old 18th November 2008, 10:04   #34
BHPian

Sure, I m about the capture it shortly, would upload once done

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Old 18th November 2008, 11:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Hi there.
Where in roypettah is this guys place? I stay in roypettah only and would like to know whether he works on other cars also.

I have a santro with an ffe and k&n filter just looking for a decent place to get the car serviced.
His is not a service centre. He is basically an absolutely skillful welder. He does jobs for electra. His speciality is the exhaust pipes. On any given day, you can see Mercs from the dealer or other imports getting their exhausts done up for 3-4k instead of the 40-50k the dealer would charge. He is good in the roll cage too.

@mridul, yes i got my headers & FFE done from him, that is why i said 12k is expensive.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:40   #36
BHPian

Ok thanks for the info, how much did he charge for the job and when was this done...Infact I got my younger brother's esteem exhaust done from him with FFE & headers it cost me 8K..Is it fair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
His is not a service centre. He is basically an absolutely skillful welder. He does jobs for electra. His speciality is the exhaust pipes. On any given day, you can see Mercs from the dealer or other imports getting their exhausts done up for 3-4k instead of the 40-50k the dealer would charge. He is good in the roll cage too.

@mridul, yes i got my headers & FFE done from him, that is why i said 12k is expensive.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridul View Post
Ok thanks for the info, how much did he charge for the job and when was this done...Infact I got my younger brother's esteem exhaust done from him with FFE & headers it cost me 8K..Is it fair...
Thats a good price. I got it for around the same too.
Old 18th November 2008, 13:53   #38
BHPian

Infact the Swift's a bit expensive because of the complex piping and its is not a welded unit, its bolt on which can be installed/removed in 30 minutes and the headers were chromed instead of the usual black colour...which is why the additional cost..technically it should have worked out to 10K...but its fine with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats a good price. I got it for around the same too.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

About a year ago, Electra quoted somewhere in the range of 18K for Swift FFE that includes HEADERS.

If you have paid 22k for the FFE, seems to be on the higher ends as the Electra itself sells it’s for much lower prices with their higher margins included.

Viper (ex-team-bhp'ian) does the complete FFE including headers for any power range @ Rs.9.5k that includes shipping to Chennai. You have to get it installed in a local workshop.

For installing the conical filter, Viper has sent me the customized piping (design to ensure no sucking of hot air)) and that costed me around Rs.2k including shipping. Got the Ractive conical filter from PJSPEED (BHP'ian)

Nothing counts if you are happy at the end of day with the installation. Keep revving

Last edited by Surprise : 18th November 2008 at 15:13.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:11   #40
BHPian

Buddy
I ve paid 12K inclusive of all...for 22K it would make 2 FFE's

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
About a year ago, Electra quoted somewhere in the range of 18K for Swift FFE that includes HEADERS.

If you have paid 22k for the FFE, seems to be on the higher ends as the Electra itself sells it’s for much lower prices with his higher margins included.

Viper (ex-team-bhp'ian) does the complete FFE including headers for any power range @ Rs.9.5k that includes shipping to Chennai. You have to get it installed in a local workshop.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
The Alloys & tyres set me off by 42K and the steering another 12K...
The Filter kit and the FFE by 22K...

Cheers
Oops missed the filter kit part. K&N charge 8K . When I purchased Ractive costed less than 2k for me.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:58   #42
BHPian

The filter cost me 4K with 1K for fitment & not 8K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Oops missed the filter kit part. K&N charge 8K . When I purchased Ractive costed less than 2k for me.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride you have got there brother and lovely alloys too. I assume the header set up is 4x2x1 and can you post the exhaust note? Have fun and enjoy it.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:18   #44
BHPian

Thanks brother
Yes its a 4X2x1...I would post the exhaust note but how can you help me out with it, I have captured the image & the note on my digicam..how do i upload.?cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Nice ride you have got there brother and lovely alloys too. I assume the header set up is 4x2x1 and can you post the exhaust note? Have fun and enjoy it.
Old 20th November 2008, 17:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks brother
Yes its a 4X2x1...I would post the exhaust note but how can you help me out with it, I have captured the image & the note on my digicam..how do i upload.?cheers:
Upload to Youtube & put up the link here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks