Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 00:42   #16
BHPian

Its looks like issue in production. GARWARE may need to recall the whole batch.
Old 18th December 2008, 22:26   #17
BHPian

hi guys,
i'm getting a garware classic film installed on my car the dealer is actually a wholeseller and dad's friend so he is giving me 48% heat rejection film all over including my windscreen its the lightest film what garware manufactures thats waht he says. and the deal is pretty cheap. should i go for it? is it worth installing films. i stay in mumbai so i think i shld go in for one. pls suggest.
Old 30th January 2009, 12:23   #18
BHPian

GARWARE classic is no good at all. You should put TOPCOOL on your glasses except windshield. And regarding windshield..well you can read the thread..
Old 14th February 2010, 12:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

there is one ARTIC COOL introduced costing 10000 for side films and has 78% heat rejection or you can go for ICECOOL GRAND for 6200 (this is the one i have bought, not gone for ARTIC since its a darker film) and do not want to do any LEgal OFFEND and moreover could not bear the pain of a 10000 sunfilm being taken off mercilesly because of RTO norms, if caught
Old 8th April 2010, 00:19   #20
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
GARWARE classic is no good at all. You should put TOPCOOL on your glasses except windshield. And regarding windshield..well you can read the thread..
+1 to that. I installed Garware classic 5 years back in my Alto on the sides and rear. And the sunfilm has faded pretty badly. This is most evident in the areas covered by the window rims - you can clearly see the parts which are rolled into the window having the original shade while the parts exposed to sunlight faded. I really don't trust Garware. Just another company dishing out cheap products with shoddy quality.

I installed 3m for my front windshield, albiet a couple years after I originally bought my car and it's holding up really well till now.
Old 14th May 2010, 07:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
ICECOOL SHIELD PROBLEM and HARRASSMENT

This is the mail I had sent to Garware which states the problem I faced.

I found that to be amazing and liked to share the same with bhpians who wants to buy GARAWARE ICECOOL films.

P.S. I got my film uninstalled and got my money back.
I have had garware classic ashgrey in my earlier maruti for 5 years and now for my FIGO and it is good. I guess it is the installation which must have gone wrong!!
Old 14th May 2010, 08:01   #22
BHPian

I too have installed Garware front windshield on the current as well as the prev car. No issues what so ever.
The dealer is a nut case to make such statements.
Old 14th May 2010, 08:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

I had a Garware Ice cool installed on the front glass for my Fiesta about 5 months back and the installation was done by reputed dealer (Anand Traders) in Thane. The installation was immaculate and till now no issues.
Has Garware confirmed since when has this quality issue being cropping up and has that been communicated to the dealers coz if not dealers might continue to market the product inspite of having the issues.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:36   #24
BHPian

@ghodlur,

Don't worry. I had the issue faced in 2008 and was told by Garware in November 2008 about prduction quality issue in IceCool Shield and was told that a new version of Ice Cool Shield was on the way to market expected to launch in March 2009. So I am sure you got the upgraded Ice Cool Shield. Actually I have confirmed with my accessory dealer that new version had come in in 2009 with increase in price and change in product code.
So I think you are fine.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

I've Ice Cool Shield on my Xing installed in later 2009. The film is great with no problems post-installation, highly recommended considering its specs and the price tag.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:46   #26
BANNED

I was planning for this film at time of car purchase. However, decision was put on hold as i was very much in dilemma 1. Do i really need it? Which on to go for? etc.

Thanks for sharing this. I might avoid it altogether.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:06   #27
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with Garware shades. It is very evident that some of the incompetent or un-skilled sellers / dealers / fitters screw up the whole brand. I guess this must have happened in your case.

Try installing Garware from another dealer. If not, go for other brands.

Personally, I like Garware. My alto's windows are covered with Garware and they are way good like the 3M. The shade I chose for my car has a little reflective coating, creating a sexy look with 85% visibility. Also it reduces heat considerably and till date, no air-bubbles (my car is 3 years old).

It is the dealer who must be blamed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks