Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 14:30   #1
BHPian

Scorpio Left Review View Mirror gone, stock not available, what next

My Scorpio VLX[Black] left rear view mirror is broken, its hanging from side and have already dented the door, because of connected controlling wires since last 2 days[I was on road and didn't have any option], worst part spare not available in showroom/spare section[Nagpur], can take at least a week to get. Next point as I have to change this, is any better option available? may be an electronically controlled mirror set or anything better that stock, may be side indicator integrated rear view mirror, or what ever..

please let me know the options and approx cost of the options, if anybody know the stock cost let me know that too.

Thanks in advance,
-Pramod
Old 27th November 2008, 21:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, no better option is available. I've been looking for long for electrically controlled side RVRMs but all in vain. And as far as side indicator integrated RVRM is concerned, there is nothing of that sort. You get a cover over the mirror unit that has indicator lights and is stuck to it using double-sided tapes..

Indicators on side RVRM of my Scorpio

Scorpio Left Review View Mirror gone, stock not available, what next-night-view.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Next point as I have to change this, is any better option available? may be an electronically controlled mirror set or anything better that stock, may be side indicator integrated rear view mirror, or what ever..

Thanks in advance,
-Pramod
Old 28th November 2008, 10:36   #3
BHPian

looks like I have to wait for the stock rearview mirror only, a wild guess, Safari comes with electrically adjusted mirrors, is it possible to get that on Scorpio? sourcing that from tata dealer would be easier than searching for thirdparty vendor.

-Pramod
Old 28th November 2008, 15:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks like I have to wait for the stock rearview mirror only, a wild guess, Safari comes with electrically adjusted mirrors, is it possible to get that on Scorpio? sourcing that from tata dealer would be easier than searching for thirdparty vendor.
That sounds interesting. I guess the entire RVM assembly would need to be changed, and all the wiring done. If you do happen to go through with it, make sure you get a good electrician to do the wiring.
Just a thought - if fitting another car's electrically-operated RVM setup is feasible, then why just Safari - this should theoritically work with other cars' setups as well.

Keep us updated... am sure many people would be interested to fit internally adjustable ORVMs in their Scorp.
Old 28th November 2008, 16:04   #5
BHPian

Good thought Pramods. An electric mirror is a must in Scorpio & Mahindra still acts as if they dont know about this.

Keep us posted regarding the change.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:43   #6
BHPian

am yet to get to market, may be tomorrow , will go to TATA service center first to inquire about the complete rear view mirror setup and cost!
Safari, came to my mind because of "SIZE", the rear view mirror will match, while sedan mirror would look too small on Scorpio.

-Pramod
Old 28th November 2008, 18:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

It is not so easy to fit one vehicles ORVM on to another vehicle. The mounting points on both the vehicles need to be the same for you to be able to do this.
Old 28th November 2008, 19:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Before u do such mods, pls confirm that your car's warranty won't be void since u are playing around with the electricals.
Old 29th November 2008, 12:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

No you can't. I've tried all these avenues long time back. The assembly doesn't match. Making it match is a big affair and not worth it.

Quote:

-Pramod
Old 29th November 2008, 15:55   #10
BHPian

Done, back to Scorpio mirror only

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
No you can't. I've tried all these avenues long time back. The assembly doesn't match. Making it match is a big affair and not worth it.
I agree, I did search all day and then at end came to this hard conclusion its not possible without much modification, the original rear view mirror is not available, I got the duplicate one from a spare part shop, this is made for Scorpio, but the quality is bad, I have to get it painted and had difficulty in getting it right fit, anyway I have gone ahead and fitted it, at least its better than the hanging one or without mirror.

The bad part, the hanging mirror has made lots of scratches, and my vehicle is just 4 month old, but nothing can be done now, have driven it for 8500km in these months, in last 7 days have done 3000km, nagpur-varanasi-gaya-nawada-rajgir-nawada-devgarh-nawada-gaya-varanasi-allahabad-nagpur and many more small trip within these areas. Enjoyed thoroughly, but driving within Bihar and that too in cities like Gaya, Devgarh, Rajgir will have there permanent mark on Vehicle to remind you later of the Visits!!!

-Pramod
Old 29th November 2008, 16:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

my indica's mirror got broken by someone. i just taped it together with matt black insulation tape
its not very obvious , and should work till i get a new mirror ( considering its about 1.5k, I'm being very lazy about it !)
Old 29th November 2008, 19:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

What I failed to understand was, why didn't you remove the broken mirror?

Quote:
The bad part, the hanging mirror has made lots of scratches, and my vehicle is just 4 month old, but nothing can be done now, have driven it for 8500km in these months

-Pramod
Old 29th November 2008, 21:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
What I failed to understand was, why didn't you remove the broken mirror?
I have changed the mirror today, but before that it was hanging, because I was on road with out proper tool,[I realised today only that its too easy to get that provided you have screw driver and 10 number spanner], It happend just after Varanasi, before I get it packed with cloth, the damage was already done to paints.

-Pramod
Old 30th November 2008, 02:31   #14

Quote:
I have changed the mirror today, but before that it was hanging, because I was on road with out proper tool,[I realised today only that its too easy to get that provided you have screw driver and 10 number spanner], It happend just after Varanasi, before I get it packed with cloth, the damage was already done to paints.

-Pramod
A Screw Driver anda Num10 Spanner is provided in your Scorpio Tool Kit. You could have used that.

Also. i know of someone who has Electronically Adjustable Side Mirrors in a Scorpio. I will ask him about them.
Old 30th November 2008, 12:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow Cyrus, this is pay dirt. Thanks man. I've been looking for this for long... If you can manage to post some pics of those........please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Also. i know of someone who has Electronically Adjustable Side Mirrors in a Scorpio. I will ask him about them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks