Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 23:20   #226
Senior - BHPian

I have been around T-Bhp for quite a while but never seen anyone fitting nitrous in their car. You are first person I am coming across. What can be the reasons? A few questions--Is nitrous illegal in India and is it very expensive??
Old 21st September 2010, 02:33   #227
Senior - BHPian

How are you controlling the fuelling and ignition with nitrous? Has the block been worked-on in any way? I ask because nitrous is a time-bomb and a stock block will not survive if it's juiced regularly. Also, search for Honda R18 cracked block in Google. If nothing else, just get a block guard there to stop the sleeves from walking.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:02   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looks good. Any beefing up done to the engine for the nitrous?

Also any new pics of your car? Any other mods done recently? Do you think the remap from zakie was worth it, because in the near future I want to get my Accord done by him.
All what was required run this kit was successfully done and taken care of by the installer at Speedsport. Small stuff here and there, nothing major worth uploading. Well honestly I would suggest going in for a programable ECU like an RD or Hondata instead of the remap, gives you more flexibility and tuning options in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Only M4UGR8 could do this, 1st active NOS fired and engine sustained in delhi atleast by me. All the myth's of NOS being dangerous were cleared.

Great step buddy, You are a trend setter for sure.
Thank buddy, you are my inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have been around T-Bhp for quite a while but never seen anyone fitting nitrous in their car. You are first person I am coming across. What can be the reasons? A few questions--Is nitrous illegal in India and is it very expensive??
Reasons well I wanted to put on something to this car for the drags, since the R18 is not a very MOD friendly engine, no parts like CAMs and stuff is available, so I asked Phil what to do, he said put on NOS and I went for it. Results have been great, it is the fastest 1.8 here in this side of the country. Illegal well in one word yes, the kit comes at a price, I wont call it expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
How are you controlling the fuelling and ignition with nitrous? Has the block been worked-on in any way? I ask because nitrous is a time-bomb and a stock block will not survive if it's juiced regularly. Also, search for Honda R18 cracked block in Google. If nothing else, just get a block guard there to stop the sleeves from walking.
That is being controlled by a Race dynamics unit. I dont plan to use it regularly, infact the drag happened here on Sunday, the kit is already off the car and resting inside my store room. Like I said all necessary steps were taken care of.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:07   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Removed the Eibach Springs, now running stock springs. The Ride quality is now much better. no more scrpaing speedbreakers

Best part being that this current suspension setup does not bottom out anywhere compared to the OE one which was horrible.
Hey there, your car is one of a kind. Very tastefully done, congrats!

Regarding your suspension, did you simply remove the Eibach springs and installed the original spring back? You still have the Koni suspension yet right?

Can you share the pricing of the same? I had enquired with Pete regarding the suspension but they don't have it in stock for the Civic.

How is the ride quality in the city with the Koni's?

Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:20   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All what was required run this kit was successfully done and taken care of by the installer at Speedsport. Small stuff here and there, nothing major worth uploading. Well honestly I would suggest going in for a programable ECU like an RD or Hondata instead of the remap, gives you more flexibility and tuning options in the future.
And what about your suspension? How do you find the stock springs on Koni Yellows? Is that worth it or would a set of coilovers be better? Whats your opinion.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:16   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey there, your car is one of a kind. Very tastefully done, congrats!

Regarding your suspension, did you simply remove the Eibach springs and installed the original spring back? You still have the Koni suspension yet right?

Can you share the pricing of the same? I had enquired with Pete regarding the suspension but they don't have it in stock for the Civic.

How is the ride quality in the city with the Koni's?

Thanks
Thank You, Yes I have removed the Eibach springs, running Koni suspension and stock springs for stock ride height, Petes does not have anything for the Civic, If i remember correctly, Eibach Springs costed me close to 13000/- for the set. Koni Suspension costed me close to 36000/- for a set of complete four shocks, I find the ride quality to better on my 17" compared to the stock setup. They are adjustable you can adjust them to your liking, the best part is that they never bottom out no matter what. The stock setup in the civic is very soft and they bottom out on almost every pot hole and with the 17" what I was running, the problem was worse.

Quote:
And what about your suspension? How do you find the stock springs on Koni Yellows? Is that worth it or would a set of coilovers be better? Whats your opinion.
Honestly I have never driven or even had an experience in a car running coil-over suspension, but yes compared to the stock the Koni yellows are much much better, specially if you have bigger rims, Koni adopt to it much better.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:54   #232
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well honestly I would suggest going in for a programable ECU like an RD or Hondata instead of the remap, gives you more flexibility and tuning options in the future.
Quote:
That is being controlled by a Race dynamics unit.
That means you got rid of Zakie's remap, took the car back to stock tune and then installed the Race Dynamics?

Can I please request you for a complete review of either (especially since you used the remap for over a year)? I wasn't aware that Race Dynamics has already released a new gen box for the Civic.

Quote:
Koni Suspension costed me close to 36000/- for a set of complete four shocks, I find the ride quality to better on my 17" compared to the stock setup.
Are these Koni FSDs? So the only current modification to your suspension - currently - are the Koni dampers?
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:12   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Are these Koni FSDs? So the only current modification to your suspension -
currently - are the Koni dampers?
I dont think those are FSDs but they are Koni Yellow Adjustables which you can manually adjust for a soft or firm shock.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:10   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That means you got rid of Zakie's remap, took the car back to stock tune and then installed the Race Dynamics?

Can I please request you for a complete review of either (especially since you used the remap for over a year)? I wasn't aware that Race Dynamics has already released a new gen box for the Civic.

Are these Koni FSDs? So the only current modification to your suspension - currently - are the Koni dampers?
Sorry, got busy in some work. Anyways, You are right GTO, I had borrowed a Stock ECU from my friends Stock Civic MT and replaced mine with it, got all error codes removed and then put on the RD ECU to control different parameters, but I was using the RD ECU only to retard timing so that I can run the NOS shot safely, I did not put on a custom map or did any sort of tuning with it, so I really cant compare the RD to the Zakie remap, but like I said when spending the same sort of money, 30k for the remap and same for the RD ECU, the RD or something similar makes much more sense. You can put the Zakie MAP onto the RD ECU and you have it running.

The Remap is for somebody who wants to get it done and just forget about it, for somebody like me, who wishes further modifications and more ECU tuning, for him its a waste, better get the programmable ECU and play with it. I am stuck now, if I put on something like an intake manifold on my car now, how do I re-tune the ECU?? Sending it back to Zakie is the only option.

One my friends is using a RD ECU on his current generation Honda City, with real time tuning and data logging, RD was able to shave-off 1.5 seconds easy from his 0-100 Timings. Really impressive. and now he has full control over it, In future if he plans a bigger mod, he has everything he needs for it.

No not FSDs, they are expensive. I am running adjustable Yellow shocks front and rear. Yes running only Koni Dampers, Eibach springs I have removed. its not feasible to change your car everytime you wanna go to a mall??

Quote:
I dont think those are FSDs but they are Koni Yellow Adjustables which you can manually adjust for a soft or firm shock.
Yup, The top mount has a screw which you can adjust for firm or soft according to your need.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:24   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You, Yes I have removed the Eibach springs, running Koni suspension and stock springs for stock ride height, Petes does not have anything for the Civic, If i remember correctly, Eibach Springs costed me close to 13000/- for the set. Koni Suspension costed me close to 36000/- for a set of complete four shocks, I find the ride quality to better on my 17" compared to the stock setup. They are adjustable you can adjust them to your liking, the best part is that they never bottom out no matter what. The stock setup in the civic is very soft and they bottom out on almost every pot hole and with the 17" what I was running, the problem was worse.

Honestly I have never driven or even had an experience in a car running coil-over suspension, but yes compared to the stock the Koni yellows are much much better, specially if you have bigger rims, Koni adopt to it much better.
Great, it does sound reasonable. I have one more question, I am not keen on modifying my car and the soft suspension is the bug bear I face. So will installing these Koni's on the the standard car make sense? I am still running the OE rims of 15" on standard tyres. I am planning to go upsize (205) but only for the width.

Quote:
No not FSDs, they are expensive. I am running adjustable Yellow shocks front and rear. Yes running only Koni Dampers, Eibach springs I have removed. its not feasible to change your car everytime you wanna go to a mall??

Yup, The top mount has a screw which you can adjust for firm or soft according to your need.
This is exactly what I want!

Thanks
Old 24th September 2010, 16:39   #236
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but like I said when spending the same sort of money, 30k for the remap and same for the RD ECU, the RD or something similar makes much more sense.
You make a valid point. I'm still to decide between the two.

Quote:
One my friends is using a RD ECU on his current generation Honda City, with real time tuning and data logging, RD was able to shave-off 1.5 seconds easy from his 0-100 Timings.
1.5 seconds before & after the RD box? That's a mind-boggling improvement.

Quote:
I am running adjustable Yellow shocks front and rear. Yes running only Koni Dampers
Thanks!
Old 24th September 2010, 17:42   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
1.5 seconds before & after the RD box? That's a mind-boggling improvement.
Factory maps are tuned for fuel economy, emission norms, etc.
A good aggressive map can really bring out the power from the engine.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:46   #238
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So you mean the RD Box will drop FE? Not that I care, but how much? Also, what's the average power gain (in %) that one can expect from RD.
Old 26th September 2010, 14:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You make a valid point. I'm still to decide between the two.
I would suggest the programmable ECU anyday, Hondata Flash Pro for the R18 is something very very interesting, I have my eyes on it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Rightly said, The same happened in the Honda City RD tuned.

Quote:
So you mean the RD Box will drop FE? Not that I care, but how much? Also, what's the average power gain (in %) that one can expect from RD.
When I had a chat with RD regarding this, he claimed a 7% gain is easy on everycar, but gains vary from car to car. Depends on tuning and also the mods on the engine. Stock engine 7% is easily achievable.
Old 26th September 2010, 21:36   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Only M4UGR8 could do this, 1st active NOS fired and engine sustained in delhi atleast by me. All the myth's of NOS being dangerous were cleared.

Great step buddy, You are a trend setter for sure.

Correction there. I have seen a NOS fired 3.0L Accord, no problems that I know of. This was like more than 2 years back.

NOS if installed properly & used responsibly should be fine

So it boils down to who installed it. I think I have a fair idea who did.

Great going M4uGr8

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks