Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2005, 17:47   #16
BHPian

Mechanicals are identical to a surbo. It works well if you have a k&n cone filter[RX-3800] feeding the air intake
Old 21st July 2005, 17:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
C'mon Pete, you can't be serious!!!
Hey guess what a friend of mine calls from US and says it actually works. And i can bet it doesn't but how do we actually check??

Has anyone used one before here?
Old 21st July 2005, 18:16   #18
BHPian

I have seen those magazines in Forum Mall here. I went through them and I didnt understand a **** that was there in them...it was too much of technical detail, and they cost Rs.150 or more.
But the most awesome thing in them was that, the mags had shown various modded vehicles and most of them looked good mouthwatering infact. All of them were accompanied by mouthwatering girls!!!!
Old 21st July 2005, 18:18   #19
BANNED

Hey Guys,

I have access to one here in Bombay and its also for sale. Let me know whenever you guys wanna test it. Its not the same brand but the same product. Cost me approx US$300/-. Not at all worthwhile .

Viper
Old 21st July 2005, 18:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
Hey guess what a friend of mine calls from US and says it actually works. And i can bet it doesn't but how do we actually check??
Simple,

Friend in America = access to dyno.

Tell him if his car puts out 15hp or more (from the claimed upto 35hp), you will pay for the dyno day.
If not, he pays!

cya
R
Old 21st July 2005, 18:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

i remember watching it on the Infomercials a few times ..
they had a before and after on a dyno ...results varied from vehicle specs to another vehicle specs.. but min boost in power was i think 8horses from a Minivan i think ..
but you see a minivan motor is averagely 2.5L in north america ..
compare that to the average engine size of the cars we drive is 1.3L (???) we can prolly expect 3-4 bhp gains which aint too bad either ..provided it really works ..

we did have a discussion on this ...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ght=turbonator
Old 21st July 2005, 19:10   #22
Team-BHP Support

Thanks T_L,
Threads merged
Old 22nd July 2005, 01:39   #23
BHPian

Peter,
Please dont even think about getting such a product man ...
Well if it was so easy ppl wud have just attached battery powered blowers to their air intakes and developed that kinda power ....
Cheers
EVO6
Old 22nd July 2005, 09:38   #24
BHPian

No way I wont go anywhere near it but a lot of people are getting fooled into it so I think we need to do our part right. I am getting 2 pieces from US and let's see if someone can do the testing for us.
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:14   #25
BHPian

You can do the testing urself ... In 3 weeks u getting ur own equipment anyways rite ???
Old 22nd July 2005, 12:56   #26
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
Peter,
Well if it was so easy ppl wud have just attached battery powered blowers to their air intakes and developed that kinda power ....
Cheers
EVO6

Good idea, any one tried that, need to find axial blowers 12V operated and get some specs, someone give me the pressure turbos use?
Old 22nd July 2005, 14:03   #27
BHPian

Its not easy... We had tried doing that with my Gypsy some 8 years back ... I bought a 12V battery operated blower and attached it to the air intake ... But then the gypsy was a carburator driven vehicle where in we increased the jetting size to make the mixture richer as after operating the blower the vehicle ran lean ... But there was a problem ... Since the blower was running at full speed all time we needed to control the rpm of the fan .. So we attached a potentiometer to the 12 volt line which was operated in tandem with the acellerator cable and attached to the accelerator pedal which wud increase the voltage to the blower there by increasing the rpm of the blower fan ... It was a very crude method but then it used to work... Also then there was a guy in Pune by the name of Thamane who wud use metallurgy treatments on spark plug electrodes and increase the efficiency of the spark ... which wud help the combustion of the rich mixture giving additional power....

This was a very CRUDE method but then 8 years back what was available in India ???
Old 22nd July 2005, 14:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was a very CRUDE method but then 8 years back what was available in India ???
Talk of passion to modify. Hats off dude!
Old 22nd July 2005, 14:40   #29
DRC
BHPian

Dunno If it is going off topic...
Tell me more about your experiments...
Does MPFI engines take care of them selves on this issue of rich and lean..

If needs to operated in tandem, we can try variable regulators instead of Pots.. they work neat and can have a control of log, linear and antilog patterns if necessary
Old 22nd July 2005, 15:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
You can do the testing urself ... In 3 weeks u getting ur own equipment anyways rite ???

Yes keep your fingers crossed. Hope it is a good unit

Rgds

peter

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks