Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 20:54   #31
BHPian

i will be closely following this thread and taking timely printouts and urging my dad to give his lancer as donor car to me
Old 31st March 2009, 10:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

I was going to start a thread on this but I used the search button. Have something similar in mind. Will keep posted.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:25   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
After installing the FPR (say an aftermarket SARD), what pressure should the fuel be run at in a Lancer? Manual says ~38.5 PSI (265 KPa) fuel pressure while idling. Should this be maintained, or can the pressure be bumped up a few PSI? Stock injectors are being used. What are the pros/cons of running a higher fuel pressure?

the cons of using a higher pressure would be that the injectors will leak due to excess prssure and the idling would be higher than necessary .

If lower pressure is used the the engine injectors will not get the full supply of gas and the engine will not rev to its max .

I had a honda fireblade and I could get the original FPR , so I had to use a maruti zen FPR . When the FPR original fpr was blocked the engine used to idle at a higher RPM and there used to be white smoke ,but after I modified and fitted a Zen FPR , the bike was back to normal .
Old 14th September 2009, 10:15   #34
BHPian

Okay I think most problems have been phased out. Even after the FPR the vehicle wasn't breathing properly. I figured it was because of the exhaust. As I had not bought the secondary I had fabricated a secondary conversion ie a 2-1 stage but this was a very short stage and prob was the culprit. Anyway I have installed a custom header now and the car seems to be doing much better and all the efforts seem justified. But there is still room for improvement as the headers are still not a good design so low ind torque is very poor. I made the mistake of not using my specs for the header design owing to my inexperience in the area. So instead of a 30mm on the primaries the guy put in 38mm so there is very little torque so prob will have to redesign.

Also since this has been successful pending a new header. I am shifting the whole thing to a 2004 Lancer Iv picked up. The current one is 2000. Will keep you posted.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great thread,

I was always thinking of a DOHC setup for a lancer when ever i saw one for a swift, due to my limited knowledge in the field never ventured in those teritories. I myself have a 2000 model lancer. i was thinking of getting more juice out of it, BTW i am just doing it up. my office has a branch in Japan and my team members keep on visiting there infact 2 are stationed there as of now. I need more info on price for the entire DOHC setup.

I feel since people come here for aquiring knowledge its not wrong to post costs in public, except is someone is marketing somthing.

Pramod
Old 24th April 2010, 12:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I need more info on price for the entire DOHC setup.
Pramod, any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
Also since this has been successful pending a new header. I am shifting the whole thing to a 2004 Lancer Iv picked up. The current one is 2000. Will keep you posted.
Wildwheels, please give us an update.

Cheers,
L&S.
Old 24th April 2010, 21:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Pramod, any updates?

Cheers,
L&S.

Its expensive at 50k+ plus not very reliable, Best option is turbo or an engine swap like what amey did, the 2.0 engine is available in plenty(atleast here in kerala)

Pramod
Old 15th June 2010, 14:42   #38
BHPian

I think the DOHC is working great except for the headers. I ordered for a header with 30mm primaries but the guy who did them went overboard and made it using 38 mm so now my max torque develops at 4900 instead of 3000 which is not a really good idea for a stock car. Would have been okay for a race car with modified cams but now bottom end is very bad.

But last week I just hit 120 on 3rd gear and it still had potential for more. And this is without revving or pushing the car to the limits on the lower gears. It was spur of the moment I was on third at medium revs when I just felt like finding out how much juice it would deliver. I'm happy. Will have to get the header sorted out.

Turbo is not cheap unless you go the way Amey is going with forged pistons, rods etc else all you can get is 6psi boost. Anything more is going to mess up your engine so for the budget I still think DOHC is the way to go. Btw I dont think 2.0l engines are available freely in Kerala ie the one the Cedia has.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the DOHC is working great except for the headers. I ordered for a header with 30mm primaries but the guy who did them went overboard and made it using 38 mm so now my max torque develops at 4900 instead of 3000 which is not a really good idea for a stock car. Would have been okay for a race car with modified cams but now bottom end is very bad.

But last week I just hit 120 on 3rd gear and it still had potential for more. And this is without revving or pushing the car to the limits on the lower gears. It was spur of the moment I was on third at medium revs when I just felt like finding out how much juice it would deliver. I'm happy. Will have to get the header sorted out.

Turbo is not cheap unless you go the way Amey is going with forged pistons, rods etc else all you can get is 6psi boost. Anything more is going to mess up your engine so for the budget I still think DOHC is the way to go. Btw I dont think 2.0l engines are available freely in Kerala ie the one the Cedia has.

I have been waiting for a very long time for you to reply , The 2.0 engine is available in Pattalam market, couple of crashed cedias there, another option is ukkadam market in coimbatore, There are 2 chashed cedias at Geo motors TVM waiting to be scrapped, both are side impacts. As far as i remember there is a 1.8 INVEX side impact (silver) lying in pattalam market. So engines are available but i am not very keen on a swap, i would like to get more infor on the DOHC conversion, like which all cars it came in (model, year, market) I am thinking of looking at the scrapyard in sharjah and KSA, could you please provid me with these info?

I would also like to know if you were able to finc steel braided pipes? Because as far as i know you can also attach steel braids to existing pipes as a outer protective layer.

Pramod
Old 15th June 2010, 15:08   #40
BHPian

There is just one guy who deal in Lancers etc. in Pattalam I know him personally there are no cedia's all he has is an INVEX. Someone told him it is a CEDAI engine and I had to correct him. But you can get Cedia's for abt 4K-4.5 K so why do an engine transplant at all. Its not worth the headache. ie Engine upgrade+ECU upgarde + Brakes + Supension. Just buy a second hand cedia my 2 cents.

I was able to get teh hose from Gates supplier in Cochin they made me a custom one and it works fine. The DOHC head can only be sourced in Austalia or Japan. Its not available in UAE I searched.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:59   #41
BHPian

That's what i said Pramod, its difficult to find DOHC Head and other essential parts related to it in the Middle East :(
Off late i don't even see balenos in the Junk Yard, yaa a lot of alto's rusting there (pizza delivery vans)
Old 15th June 2010, 18:07   #42
BHPian

Hi Pramod,

Would you be kind enough to find out the cost for any of these engines if possible? I may be interested if they're a direct fit for the lancer. I'm originally from Kerala, so logistics can be taken care of easily.

Thanks a bunch!

Tassem.
Old 15th June 2010, 18:24   #43
BHPian

Nice going there wild wheels.
Few questions, why not get a Walbro with a better fuel rail ? Should help according to me.
I got a AEM universal FPR with a gauge for around 220$ shipped (via UPS)
Expensive but quality is awesome.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is just one guy who deal in Lancers etc. in Pattalam I know him personally there are no cedia's all he has is an INVEX. Someone told him it is a CEDAI engine and I had to correct him. But you can get Cedia's for abt 4K-4.5 K so why do an engine transplant at all. Its not worth the headache. ie Engine upgrade+ECU upgarde + Brakes + Supension. Just buy a second hand cedia my 2 cents.

I was able to get teh hose from Gates supplier in Cochin they made me a custom one and it works fine. The DOHC head can only be sourced in Austalia or Japan. Its not available in UAE I searched.
I intend to keep it for some time and keep it as a daily drive so a swap is ruled out. getting the DOHC head from japan was ruled due to obscene transportation cost and a ban on importing used engine parts(not sure though), sine i have friends in UK and middle east i thought it will be a viable option but i guess its not, Yes there is only one guy who breaks lancers at pattalam, i have just met him twice both the meetings didnt go well, i mean the price asked for parts was exorbitant and obscene, so i didnt think of continuing relationship with him. But there was a red petrol lancer with was broken by another guy, who was charging 2k for a old wiperlink which i got for 1k new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
That's what i said Pramod, its difficult to find DOHC Head and other essential parts related to it in the Middle East :(
Off late i don't even see balenos in the Junk Yard, yaa a lot of alto's rusting there (pizza delivery vans)
True my friend, i was just being hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hi Pramod,

Would you be kind enough to find out the cost for any of these engines if possible? I may be interested if they're a direct fit for the lancer. I'm originally from Kerala, so logistics can be taken care of easily.

Thanks a bunch!

Tassem.
Do not go for a swap, you might have issues while selling it. And you will not get your asking price, the cedia engine is 115 BHP if i am not wrong, and thats what you get if you convert to DOHC from SOHC, i guess i already have found one guy here who is interested in going this way, we both might import together, who knows maybe you can also join us, not immediate since both are family men .

Pramod
Old 15th June 2010, 20:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
i guess i already have found one guy here who is interested in going this way, we both might import together, who knows maybe you can also join us, not immediate since both are family men .

Pramod
Pramod, please count me in too . I need more power and speed. That would make me family man no.3 to your list.

Last edited by regnex : 15th June 2010 at 20:51. Reason: added more

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks