Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 20:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Nice going there wild wheels.
Few questions, why not get a Walbro with a better fuel rail ? Should help according to me.
I got a AEM universal FPR with a gauge for around 220$ shipped (via UPS)
Expensive but quality is awesome.
I dont think its the fuel rail. Its the headers. My fuel rail throttle body etc are all from the DOHC. In short my car is exactly the DOHC you get outside minus just one or two rubber hoses. Just need a fabricator who will listen to me and do what I tell him reg the headers. I have designed the entire header so I just need a fabricator ie all
Old 15th June 2010, 21:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
Just need a fabricator who will listen to me and do what I tell him reg the headers. I have designed the entire header so I just need a fabricator ie all

I think my workshop guys can pull this off, if you coming this side of the state let me know.

Pramod
Old 15th June 2010, 22:36   #48
BHPian

I had visited one shop here in Saudi today, he just sell engines for cars, it was flooded with V6 and V8 and honda's H22A was for 2.2k SAR. Rb26 for 3K SAR.
Couldnot find a single suzuki or a Mitsu engine. There were appx 400-500 engine lined up according to the engine codes.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:50   #49
BHPian

The best bet would be Sharjah. If enough people are interested I could ask my supplier to ship a load to Dubai to one of his regular guys to save on shipping. I hear there is door to door from Dubai. So can then do that @ abt Rs 100 per KG. Dont know if it would work out but well worth a try.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
The best bet would be Sharjah. If enough people are interested I could ask my supplier to ship a load to Dubai to one of his regular guys to save on shipping. I hear there is door to door from Dubai. So can then do that @ abt Rs 100 per KG. Dont know if it would work out but well worth a try.
Yes, there are N number of cargo guys in the Middle East doing Rs.100/kg shipments, that to D to D.
But again what about the customs duty? they say its not their baby to sort that thing.
Off Topic: I am thinking of sending racing seats for my Esteem via cargo, wondering will it attract duty?
Old 16th June 2010, 21:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Yes, there are N number of cargo guys in the Middle East doing Rs.100/kg shipments, that to D to D.
But again what about the customs duty? they say its not their baby to sort that thing.
Off Topic: I am thinking of sending racing seats for my Esteem via cargo, wondering will it attract duty?

There is a guy i got my DSK 165 from, he is in the merchant navy, he was talking about getting tyres from Dubai, let me see if it works out. I would love to have the DOHC head. It will atrract duty but if you can hand carry them and tell the customs that its for your car, i guess no duty.

Pramod
Old 17th June 2010, 01:23   #52
CCP

There are many shops in sharjha (In fact lot of them) dealing in all this stuff. You can also have it couriered from there by some local courier companies (They charge some 6-7 DHS per kg).

Regards

CCP
Old 17th June 2010, 07:31   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I would love to have the DOHC head. It will atrract duty but if you can hand carry them and tell the customs that its for your car, i guess no duty.

Pramod
There are way too many parts to hand carry. Its not just the head. You need the throttle body, distributors, water pumps. side engine mount, the exhaust primary at least its one heavy cargo to be carrying with you.
Old 19th July 2010, 22:56   #54
BHPian

@ wildwheels: as PMed i wanted to meet you and your car in kochi, nevertheless fue questions i wanted to ask were other than driving your Car ( of course if i may !)
is SOHC and DOHC have same gasket?
do you need to change the water pump also?
which mechanic in kochi assisted you in achiving this result?
Old 20th July 2010, 05:49   #55
BHPian

Yes they have the same gasket. No I used the same water pump I think. Well I had a workshop manual that i used to guide my mechanics on how to fit everything set the timing etc.... But I guess they should be able to do it now. As they have later on shifted the same from my initial car a 1999 model to the current one which is of a later model ie 2004. But I guess any good mechanic can get this done if he has the workshop manual and he know what he is doing. But traditional mechanics can goof up setting up the timing belts, timing etc unless you mention the process. There is a process on how the timing belt is changed based on markings on the engine. Usually mechanics mark the old belt positions and then change it which can be wrong as timing belts do slip. in my case they had to do it from scratch so the process helped. Also till I installed it on my current car the engine was running at a very low advance (almost nill) which was the reason for a huge performance loss. I found the correct timing from Harish who has a similar car. But I drove th car around like that without realizing this goof up as I myself am just learning things like this. I still feel the TPS is set wrong so would be setting this again myself or guiding my mechanics to do so.

Last edited by wildwheels : 20th July 2010 at 05:53.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

United Motors Lanka PLC - Mitsubishi - Lancer

Mitsubishi Motors Sri Lanka website. The lancer page shows a DOHC MIVEC Engine option. Is it the 4G15? If yes, wont importing be easier than from other places like Australia and Japan?

http://www.unitedmotors.lk/products/.../lancer_ex.php
Old 8th November 2010, 16:03   #57
BHPian

Is there a centralised point to source all these parts from? Also can you list out every single part that will be needed to perform this modification? I have a 2001 model Lancer GLXi.
Old 3rd August 2011, 13:39   #58
BHPian

Re: 4G15 DOHC head conversion for the Mitsubishi Lancer

I am selling my DOHC conversion as I plan to seel my car in stock form. If anyone is interested please email me. I have posted an ad in the classifieds section.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4G15 DOHC head conversion for Mitsubishi

Guys looks like the 1.6 dohc head from an accent should do the job,

The G4ED is a variation of the 4G15 DOHC 16v by Hyundai and was never produced by Mitsubishi. Hyundai bored and stroked the 4G15 to produce a 1.6 Litre engine with a 1599cc displacement. It uses a 76.5x87.0mm bore and stroke and is produced solely in DOHC 16 valve form.In Australia the G4ED was used in the late model Hyundai Accent.

From wikipedia.

Regards
Pramod
Old 1st November 2013, 14:10   #60
BANNED

Re: 4G15 DOHC head conversion for Mitsubishi

Can any one confirm whether G4ED Hyundai engine head will fit on 4G15 block.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks