Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-152.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 4568831)
I have a Jazz too and looking for films to block out the Hyderabad sun. How much will CR70 cost for all windows? Did you get only the windscreen done for your Jazz?

Jazz having a large front screen, the cost will be on the higher side - even for just the front. If you want CR70 for all windows, I guess you are looking at at least 15k.

Note - I am not aware of exact prices of 3M sun film

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 4568831)
I have a Jazz too and looking for films to block out the Hyderabad sun. How much will CR70 cost for all windows? Did you get only the windscreen done for your Jazz?

I got the front windscreen only done.

For all glasses, that would go up to above 20k.
One budget friendly option would be cr70 on front glass, and re70 on all others.
But if you ask for my opinion, you don't need it on all glasses. On other glasses you can use magnetic shades, and the temperature becomes much more manageable very easily. That's the route i opted personally.
I use magnetic shades on the rear glasses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashishk29 (Post 4568947)
I use magnetic shades on the rear glasses.

Thanks! Any suggestion for good quality magnetic shades for Jazz?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 4568950)
Thanks! Any suggestion for good quality magnetic shades for Jazz?

I got them off of Amazon.

Autopearl Premium Quality Zipper Magnetic Sun Shades Car Curtain For - Honda New Jazz - Set Of 4 Pcs https://www.amazon.in/dp/B019C2ZAUG/..._NTdPCbHN0ZGBD

The magnets are decently strong, and the zipper opens up sufficient enough to allow using windows at parking lots and toll booths. Please note it didn't open up 100%, only able 50% diagonally.

Does anyone have good recommendations for Garware sun film installers in Hyderabad? Also does anyone have experience with the 3M center near Nanakramguda circle (near ring road)?

I won't use magnetic shades due to reduced visibility.

I got my Gen-1 i20 windscreen and side windows tinted with 3m CR70 from 3m outlet. It costed my approx 18,000 for the same. I have to say it did make a lot of difference during daytime driving. On the negative side, it does leave a greenish tint when viewed under sunlight.

I am thinking to go for Garware ice cool grey as it has 79% visibility so will be barely visible than the 70% that most other companies have. Is it worth going for it to help improve ac performance in my Grand i10? I will install it on all windows except front windscreen. Will not installing on front windscreen make it useless?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashishk29 (Post 4568669)
Got CR70 fit on my front windscreen over the weekend. Cost me about 10k (They said that Honda Jazz takes an XL sized film)...

Did you get a chance to check the visibility at night? Does it cancel oncoming traffic lights (specially the ones using high beam instead of dipper).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 4573987)
Will not installing on front windscreen make it useless?

The Front & rear windshields do let in a lot of heat. It does help to get film on these two. And having it on front windshield also helps reducing glare in bright conditions (afternoon esp).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruv29 (Post 4572488)
I got my Gen-1 i20 windscreen and side windows tinted with 3m CR70 from 3m outlet. It costed my approx 18,000 for the same. I have to say it did make a lot of difference during daytime driving. On the negative side, it does leave a greenish tint when viewed under sunlight.

Can you share some daylight pictures? And what's the police attention like in Gurgaon and Delhi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4574821)
Can you share some daylight pictures? And what's the police attention like in Gurgaon and Delhi?

Cops are not lookin into sunfilms as of now but they’ll definitely ramp up checks as heat increases. After 9 years, bit the bullet and got it installed because i20 1.2 seriously lacks A/C cooling due to small capacity compressor. I had no option but to get the film installed.
You can compare it to Baleno which have UV blocking side glass. I’ll post some pictures soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4574777)
Did you get a chance to check the visibility at night? Does it cancel oncoming traffic lights (specially the ones using high beam instead of dipper).

Have CR70 on mine. It doesn't cancel the high beam, but makes it a little easier on the eyes. The nasty ones will still cause momentary blindness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruv29 (Post 4574986)
You can compare it to Baleno which have UV blocking side glass. I’ll post some pictures soon.

CR-70 does leave a greenish tint on the window which will be more pronounced on cars with light shade paint.
Front windscreen sunfilm?-thumbnail_img_6608.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-thumbnail_img_6609.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhruv29 (Post 4575164)
CR-70 does leave a greenish tint on the window which will be more pronounced on cars with light shade paint.
Attachment 1868320

Attachment 1868321

Looks great! And even darker with the nets clap:

Black cars do need sunfilms