Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 1290718)
I just installed cr70 on the front of my scorp y'day. Now this one is supposedly the best and most expensive from 3m, so my expectations were very high. Issue 1: the thing still reflects my dashboard on the screen. I thought this was the case only with the re series which are metallic/reflective.
Issue 2: the high beams at night are not dimmed to a great extent when their light hits me.
Issue 3: the dashboard remains warm in chennai heat.

I got re 50 for the sides.

Any opinions? How the hell do i make out if what i got is cr70?

Bro,I've just installed llumar air75 for the windscreen and the ISSUE 1 & 3 holds good for me too! It seems Nothing can beat Chennai's heat lol:.This made me wonder if i was fitted with something else!But jokes apart,i do have the warranty cards but i think its the Great Indian Summer which is really harsh.
As for the issue 1: It reflects on my windscreen too but imagine this along with the biege dash of an i10! But soon i got accustomed :)

Hey Guys,

I have slight problem, I have lot of parking stickers on my windscreen, so I cant go ahead and install film on the windscreen and getting all of them re-issued will be a nightmare.

So I was just wondering has anybody tried the sunfilm on the outside?

How about just at the upper 1/4th on the outer surface of the windscreen. Is this a good idea if I plan to go ahead with this.

Suggestions please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1293765)
Hey Guys,

I have slight problem, I have lot of parking stickers on my windscreen, so I cant go ahead and install film on the windscreen and getting all of them re-issued will be a nightmare.

How about just at the upper 1/4th on the outer surface of the windscreen. Is this a good idea if I plan to go ahead with this.

Suggestions please.

In my opinion sunfilm on the outer side of the windshield is not a good idea. Sunfilms are made of plastic and esp. on the front windshield will be bombarded with dust and tar particles. Soon you will have numerous scratchs and nano holes in your sunfilm. So its not work installing it on the outside.

For your second option. I assume you are talking about installing upper 1/4th from the inside. This may work, but you will have a thin line at the end of the sunfilm. If you think you can live with that it will reduce 1/4th heat. I still dont think this is such a good idea, because you are not getting a great benefit here.

If the problem is with stickers why dont you install the sunfilm on top of the stickers itself? i.e again assuming that you will keep all these stickers for at least 2-3 years. At the end of 2-3 years if you want to remove those stickers you can get the whole sunfilm removed and install a freash one.

Your wipers will rip off the film in a second or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1293765)
Hey Guys,

Suggestions please.

I think bubby has a valid point!How about wind screen stickers for toll plazas?

Hi guys,

I am planning to get the V-kool 70 sunfilm fitted for my Santro windshield. I enquired with the Pawans Hans outlet of V Kool in Mumbai. They have quoted me a price of Rs. 10,500 for it. Can anybody please validate if they have paid similar amounts. Any scope for discounts ?
Thanks for the excel. It was very useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthym (Post 1297844)
Hi guys,

I am planning to get the V-kool 70 sunfilm fitted for my Santro windshield. I enquired with the Pawans Hans outlet of V Kool in Mumbai. They have quoted me a price of Rs. 10,500 for it. Can anybody please validate if they have paid similar amounts. Any scope for discounts ?
Thanks for the excel. It was very useful.

I got the front windscreen of my Innova fitted with V Cool 70 suncontrol film for Rs.9500 last month. So, Rs.10,500 for the Santro looks high.

Hello All,

I want to put a sun film for the front windscreen for my Getz. I enquired at Kothari showroom and he quoted me 5550 for Llumar Air75.
Can anyone in Pune let me know where I can get a better deal? as prices will always be on the higher side with showrooms.
Please let me know dealer & area where to put with reliability.

Thanks in advance.

I got a Llumar sunfilm installed on the front windshield of my Zen this morning. I have used Garware earlier. I am having post purchase dissonance that Llumar is not as good as Garware. What is your experience? I found Garware to be very good in Mumbai summers. The Llumar though will be used in Jaipur by my dad.

Garware says 50% heat rejection. Llumar says 33% Solar energy rejection and 70% IR rejection. Which is better?

These are the qoutes I got:

Llumar P7 FR15: 2349/

Lluumar A175 FR15: 5000/

Llumar AC7: 3999/

Please advise which one to go for and if the prices are reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dushmish (Post 1299859)
I got a Llumar sunfilm installed on the front windshield of my Zen this morning. I have used Garware earlier. I am having post purchase dissonance that Llumar is not as good as Garware. What is your experience? I found Garware to be very good in Mumbai summers. The Llumar though will be used in Jaipur by my dad.

Garware says 50% heat rejection. Llumar says 33% Solar energy rejection and 70% IR rejection. Which is better?

Where are all the Gurus? Please help!please:

I had ray barrier film installed on all windows of my innova last week in Mumbai. Went for the almost transparent version since I do a lot of interstate travel and dont want to run into issues. It does dampen the suns glow but takes a lot of the heat out.
Works very well...during the baking visit to Jamnagar and Dwarka the car remained quite cool. It also does not heat up now when parked in the sun.

Had the job done at Shreyas motors (three young chaps run the show there...Gaurav, Jatin and Hirav) in Milan Subway. Really good bunch who understand cars and can talk intelligently as well as execute. (I think some people on the forum have done some high end audio stuff from them as well). Was really happy with their customer service attitude.

PM me for details but overall I would recommend them.

Saturday got it Garware Ice cool in my swifts front wind shield, didnt get much direct sunlight to test it but initial testings are pretty decent and car dosent heats up so much even cabin cooling down time is reduced drastically, will put more details once my car see some more direct sunlight.
As many said visibility issue during night drive but my experiance was completly different, took car for a drive in Outer Ring Road and i didnt find any difference apart from bit reduced glair from other vehicles coming from opposite direction, which is anyways good. Paid just 2800 bucks at Motown in JC Road and he is authrosied dealer for Garware.

It's been more than a fortnight since I installed Garware Ice Cool on my Fiesta, and the results have been good. The AC cools pretty rapidly now, and even in 42 degrees temperature, I need to put the blower only at position 1 now in recirculate mode ---of course I need to put it in 2 if somebody is accompanying me.
There is a good reduction in glare too. Haven't used it extensively on highways in the night yet.
The only flip side is the minor reflection of the perfume bottle on the windscreen, and also small dots on the windscreen stand exposed more now--by dots I mean those minor dotted indentations on the outside of the screen, perhaps caused by high speed sand or stones hitting the screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhusati (Post 1299131)
I got the front windscreen of my Innova fitted with V Cool 70 suncontrol film for Rs.9500 last month. So, Rs.10,500 for the Santro looks high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankushmulay (Post 1299354)
Hello All,

I want to put a sun film for the front windscreen for my Getz. I enquired at Kothari showroom and he quoted me 5550 for Llumar Air75.
Can anyone in Pune let me know where I can get a better deal? as prices will always be on the higher side with showrooms.
Please let me know dealer & area where to put with reliability.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dushmish (Post 1301177)
Where are all the Gurus? Please help!please:

I have been following the posts on Windshield sun control films since last year & its never convincing enough to take the dive especially since its a very important & a safety related issue, my main concern always was the fact that if the film gets even minor scratches it will give high glar with concentric circles from oncomming vehicles, reflection of the dash is bad at times without the film as it is, if the film adds to it that will be a matter of life & death on the highways, on the other hand the windshield of Innova is the size of a solar water heater panel & acts exactly like one too (collecting all the heat), its very obvious even while driving, as you drive trough tree covered roads it is cool & as soon as you are out in the sun the hot air is felt, its a strain on the AC & fuel, so I contacted the companies, the estimates I got were Llumar AIR75 7000/- and VKOOL at Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore V70 Rs 9500/-, as the majority of posts here are against Garware thats ruled out, If anyone has used VKOOL for atleast 6 months & are sure that the scratch, glar & dash reflections are not a problem with considerable heat reduction please let me know so that I will go for it, since VKOOL is the best & the difference is just 2500/- from the second best that is LLumar. thank you..