Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-47.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1254748)
Based on specs Garware seems like the best bet.

I'm thinking of getting the following combination:

Icecool shield - Windshield + Icecool Elite 50 or Icecool Grand - Rear & sides.

Price should be between Rs. 8,000 - Rs. 9,000. Will decide once a few more TBHPians weigh in.

I got Icecool shield at front,and Icecool Grand all round (just check my garage).Cost was about Rs 9000 total.Professional fitting,no issues till date.Keeps the car real cool in hot Kolkata summer.

So people does using Garware in the front make sense ? HMP in Mumbai is asking for 2.8K. For VKOOL it's 8.5K-11.5K. The website for garware says 70% heat rejection. VKOOL says 94% heat rejection. So what's VFM?

Suggestions ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1255723)
I got Icecool shield at front,and Icecool Grand all round (just check my garage).Cost was about Rs 9000 total.Professional fitting,no issues till date.Keeps the car real cool in hot Kolkata summer.

Can anyone give some feedback on 'Autographix' sunfilms?

My neighbourhood shop is quoting me 2.2k for the front windshield film (Getz).

Elito

I have heard from quite a few automotive guys that Sunfilm should not be put on the rear windscreen if it has a demister as its continued usage will spoil the film and subsequent viewability. Are there any films that take care of that aspect.

Suggestions please.

Anyone here using 3M Crystalline for front windshield? Planning to install it in my Innova. Quote is around Rs. 6200/-
For the sides and rear, the dealer says RE-35 is a good film and the cost is around 4500/-.
These prices are from the 3M authorised dealer for Bangalore. Got his number from their Corporate Office in UB City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1256335)
I have heard from quite a few automotive guys that Sunfilm should not be put on the rear windscreen if it has a demister as its continued usage will spoil the film and subsequent viewability. Are there any films that take care of that aspect.

Suggestions please.

MC, the rear demister generally cuts off after 10 mins of continuous usage---at least that's what it does in the Fiesta.
I've put rear sunfilm along with windows, and I've not had any issues for the past 2 years.

I'm even contemplating going in for front windscreen film to cut down the glare of the hot sun---there's too much these days.I met a guy last night who had installed Garware film on the front screen of his Fiesta, and he was very happy with it---he said his wife no longer gets headaches in day driving, and that it also helps a lot in reducing the glare of Volvo headlights during night driving on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthvader5000 (Post 1255948)
So people does using Garware in the front make sense ? HMP in Mumbai is asking for 2.8K. For VKOOL it's 8.5K-11.5K. The website for garware says 70% heat rejection. VKOOL says 94% heat rejection. So what's VFM?

Suggestions ?

As I have mentioned earlier,glare from oncoming cars is almost nonexistent.Heat getting into the cabin through the large glass of the Estilo windshield is reduced by 70% (thats quite a lot actually!) and visibility even in rain or night has never been jeopardized.So all in all,am very happy with the product.And price too was an affordable Rs 2.8k.

My pocket wasn't as deep as to afford V-Kool in order to get that 24% more heat rejected,which is again very subjective,if you think about it in its practicality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin (Post 1257346)
Anyone here using 3M Crystalline for front windshield? Planning to install it in my Innova. Quote is around Rs. 6200/-
For the sides and rear, the dealer says RE-35 is a good film and the cost is around 4500/-.
These prices are from the 3M authorised dealer for Bangalore. Got his number from their Corporate Office in UB City.

is crystalline cs series with 50% visibility? i have that on my innova. pretty good. and i have re35 on the sides. really good imo. they have a slightly greenish tint which match the colour of my car.

Thanks Akshay. It is the Crystalline CS Series. I was thinking of Llumar too. Are 3M and Llumar on the same plane? Any ideas?

For my linea I got the 3M RE50 installed for the windows and rear as I did not want to compromise on visibility, especially at night. Cost me about 4,100/- They do a pretty decent job, not sure if I want to go in for the front windscreen, might as well use that money for the ICE.

I managed driving my wagon r for 7 years not having bothered of the windscreen not having sunfilm, so I am not really sure if its that important. I drive with the aircon on so dont really feel the heat

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthvader5000 (Post 1255948)

Suggestions ?

Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) for Garware Icecool Shield is 50% and VKool V70 it is 55%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1259150)
Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) for Garware Icecool Shield is 50% and VKool V70 it is 55%.

Very true.Heat rejection is 50%,Visual Light transmission is 70% and UV rejection is 99% for Ice Cool Shield.From my experience,I can say its quite sufficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1255723)

Is the VLT on the Icecool Grand 40%? Any trouble with the cops?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1259760)
Is the VLT on the Icecool Grand 40%? Any trouble with the cops?

Yes.The specs are: Garware Ice Cool Grand (VLT:40%,UV Rej.:99%,Heat Rej.:70% ).
No issues with the cops ever.Contrary to perception,the Grand and the Shield has a very very light metallic green hue to it.You can jolly well see inside,if standing beside the car.Hence cops never have been an issue with my ride.

People, here is my experience. I did have V-Kool and it had huge difference. I did realize just recently when I had to change the wind shield which was shattered due to stone hit. It costs about 8k+ for Honda City, but I bet it's worth every penny and I am going back for another one for the new wind shield.