Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-53.html)

Have read a lot on front windscreen Sun Control Films. Its really cofusing with the number of brands / variants spread across a wide price range. Just wanted to get some genuine User Reviews before taking a decision.

I have Lumar AIR75 on my Innova for about an year now. Overall I am happy with the performance. Don't have any issues with the glare/reflection.

Few points:
1) The installation has to be perfect. So get it fixed only at an authorised Lumar/VCool outlet.. (these outlets have people who are trained by the company itself)

2) When you give the car for servicing, explicitly make a point to the service advisor not to get the windshield cleaned from inside. Last time when I gave for servicing at Nandi, the clearning guys have made some minor scratches on the film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 1309051)
Saturday got it Garware Ice cool in my swifts front wind shield
As many said visibility issue during night drive but my experiance was completly different, took car for a drive in Outer Ring Road and i didnt find any difference apart from bit reduced glair from other vehicles coming from opposite direction, which is anyways good. Paid just 2800 bucks at Motown in JC Road and he is authrosied dealer for Garware.

Is it the Ice Cool Shield or Grand dude? Shield is specifically for windshield.
I had paid Rs 2800/ for the front glass too,and till date no issues while driving extensively on highways at night,in torrential rain,in bad weather conditions,etc.Cooling is much faster with AC in Kolkata summer and overall ownership experience till date is quite good.Am happy with Garware products.:thumbs up
Check out my garage.

hi drkumarmp,
i have installed vkool AIR75 on my dad's NHC and have installed a garware ice cool sheild on my NHC i would say the arware one is value for money i would always recommend it and go in for the company authorised installers i got it for 2820/= mrp and they did the same ind of installation as llumar. and yes it makes a difference after having the sunfilm on the windscreen. tkc

I have installed 3M CR70 in my front windscreen in my linea. Think this is the best available at the present time even better than v-kool with IRR-97% and TSER- 59%.

Checked garware icecool the manual said it has IRR 94% but when checked with meter it didnt even cross 75% . So dont go for garware its a waste of money.

The report is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1282776-post29.html

There were a few descrepancy in the xls file for comparison of sunfilms. I had corrected and posted it in my thread . People can check it out from here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1284221-post40.html

What meter did you use to check for infrared rejection?

Quote:

What meter did you use to check for infrared rejection?
The garware themselves had a meter which checks the transparency and the IRR. I checked with that meter. They themselves were surprised abut their film having only 75% IRR

i got garware cool vision of my windsheild. it is doing good job. got it for Rs.1800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 (Post 1318324)
hi drkumarmp,
i have installed vkool AIR75 on my dad's NHC and have installed a garware ice cool sheild on my NHC i would say the arware one is value for money i would always recommend it and go in for the company authorised installers i got it for 2820/= mrp and they did the same ind of installation as llumar. and yes it makes a difference after having the sunfilm on the windscreen. tkc

Dear mdesai,
thank you for the report, Just wanted a small clarification, AIR75 belongs to LLumar & the film VKOOL has is V70, which one is installed on your dad's NHC (what is a NHC?), Having seen dozens of posts against garware its difficult to think of it, the present race is between LLumar & VKOOL, one of them is on NHC, which is it & How is the performance?

Please check out the Pdf file on LLumar I have attched.

On my Siena. Didn't get a chance to test it yet as it was completed only in the evening. And on top of that, it's raining cats and dogs in Bengaluru. Installation was done in Chennai, Haute Car Zone in OMR, Kelambakkam. Was done in about 3 hours for all glasses in the car. The job was done neatly and professionally. Oh, it's a Lumar Air 75 for the front windscreen and a dye based normal film for all other glasses.

Night visibility is better and what they say about anti glare is pretty true. I found no distortion of light and was able to peer into the road pretty comfortably even with buses and trucks with high beams up front.

Since my car doesn't have the A/C working, I'll be able to guage the difference pretty well. Will update in a couple of days after testing. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkumarmp (Post 1319553)
(what is a NHC?), .

NHC= New Honda City which is earlier model than the current launch.

so I was thinking whats should be the 3rd Gen Honda City be called.

3HC (3rd Gen Honda CIty)
LHC (Latest Honda City)
2k9HC (2009 Honda City)
THC (third Gen Honda City)

If there's already a thread about this, please move my post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghpk (Post 1320385)
so I was thinking whats should be the 3rd Gen Honda City be called.

3HC (3rd Gen Honda CIty)
LHC (Latest Honda City)
2k9HC (2009 Honda City)
THC (third Gen Honda City)

If there's already a thread about this, please move my post.

It's popularly called ANHC (All New Honda City) in this forum---but there are passing references to G3HC too.

stupid:Are all these road legal, I mean do you drive with them on & no challan???

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheLeo (Post 1320412)
Are all these road legal, I mean do you drive with them on & no challan???

I had read somewhere in this forum itself that the visibility of Front should be 70% and even the rear should be 70%. On the sides we can have 50% visibility sheets.

As a matter of fact I found that this 70% thingy is a good funda!. This gives a 50% visibility to the person right behind you to the road ahead of you. In case of panic breaking it definitely gives a greater chance that the person behind can also see the event in advance. Just my point-of-view. :-)