Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-45.html)

Quote:

Not sure where skywalker got it done, but the best place to do it is InfraKool Solutions on LalBagh Road. He's the distributor for vkool. Used to give 5% discount with bill and 10% without bill.
Thanks csentil.

Called up Infra Kool for VKool for Civic, VK-70 for front and VK 50 for the sides and rear. They have quoted ~25 K and initially refused for discount even with out bill. Later when I told I am referred by another customer they were willing to give 10% discount with out bill.

Then I got it done through Car Shringar for 22.5 K with bill and warranty. Any accessory shop in Bangalore installing V-Kool will be directly getting it done by Infra Kool guys.

Vikram at Car Shringar gave some explanation why its costly at the dealer I forgot what was that :Frustrati

I got Kool Tint Premium CL 90 installed on the windscreen this weekend. I bought it from India and brought it to Bahrain and when I checked with regular installers they said I need someone who knows the job for a windscreen as it has to go on as a single piece (which I obviously knew, :D). The thing was most of the dealers of VKool & LLumar and all refused saying they only install their brands.

So I started searching for a good installer and through one of my friends got hold of two guys from LLumar dealership and they came and installed the film. They have done a pretty good job, I looked several time couldn’t find even one bubble (they had to do the install in my garage).

The thing is that everything is OK in the morning but at night light sources (read street lights, brake lights etc) that are close from the viewing point look fine but those that are far away have a HALO sort of thing around it.

I checked the website of Kool Tint and they say that slight haziness is normal. The exact word here:

Quote:

Care and Maintenance
Once window film has been installed, it’s very common to see a slight haziness and/or small water pockets. This is a normal part of the adhesive bonding process called “curing”. Depending on the film type and weather conditions, it may take up to 30 days for the film to be fully cured. The curing process is slow because the remaining water used in installation must evaporate through the film. Sputtered
Is this normal, has anyone else faced such a situation?

Does anyone have any info as to where I can find an authorised dealer for VKOOL in Delhi.
I have googled, checked VKOOL website and gone through 20pages in this thread to find no details.
I am surprised to see that vkool being so popular is so hard to find.Even basic info about their dealer location on their website is missing.
Also how do i know that if someone is selling me Vkool that it's the genuine article.
Help please.Thanks

I got the V-Kool 70 installed on my front windscreen a couple of days back. Costed me around 9.5k (dont remember exactly). The interiors dont get heated up as much as without tint. Also, i dont see any issues in night driving till now (with stock headlamps). BTW does anyone know whats the legal limit for side windows ? 50% or 40% tint ? And approx cost for 3m/V-Kool ?

40% is the lower limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 1247012)
I got the V-Kool 70 installed on my front windscreen a couple of days back. Costed me around 9.5k (dont remember exactly). The interiors dont get heated up as much as without tint. Also, i dont see any issues in night driving till now (with stock headlamps). BTW does anyone know whats the legal limit for side windows ? 50% or 40% tint ? And approx cost for 3m/V-Kool ?

not sure about Bangalore, but in Delhi its 50% for sides and 70% clear on front and back.

3M RE50 cost me 2500 for sides in my i10 and 3500 sides for Innova. Direct installation done by 3M distributor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andygarcia (Post 1200758)
Hey you can check the film by filmpro guys - imported stuff - very high end and damn good. i think you will get them on info@film-pro.com / Server is Under Maintenance.

This is a big problem. While I was looking for Sun Film I searched for this site quite some time. But no result. But atlease now u have some thing "Site Under Construction"

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_shanz (Post 1199922)
How is GARWARE front tints?? I need one which come under 2-3k!

VFM. I added this in my car recently. Good effect and also I didnt find any Visibility Issue much. But I felt a lots of heat reduction effect. Anyway while in high way I just switch on the Extra Fog lamp.

Sunfilm for rear window of Altis? Will it destruct FM antenna/Defogger?

Hi Team,

I am thinking of suncontrol film for the front windshield of my Innova.

Checked with Ravindu Toyota and their quote is Rs.11,500 for V-Kool.
Checked with Car Plus in Rajajinagar and their quote is
Lumar Black-50: Rs.1600
Lumar Air-75: Rs.6000

Any feedback on the above will be appreciated.

heard SUNGARD is good,clear and VFM;views?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhusati (Post 1248375)
Lumar Air-75: Rs.6000

Any feedback on the above will be appreciated.

Have been using AIR 75 in my swift. No issues till date. Be careful of airbulles during installation process. Make sure they dont exist

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_know (Post 1246995)
The thing is that everything is OK in the morning but at night light sources (read street lights, brake lights etc) that are close from the viewing point look fine but those that are far away have a HALO sort of thing around it.

I checked the website of Kool Tint and they say that slight haziness is normal. The exact word here:

Is this normal, has anyone else faced such a situation?

check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1219609 and related postings on the site to Halo. you will be very lucky if your film cures by itself because usually this is caused by scratches on the film - and no easy cure for it. Hazines may not be equal to Halo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy (Post 1248060)
Sunfilm for rear window of Altis? Will it destruct FM antenna/Defogger?

Normally with a good installer - it is not a problem. if they start using cutters on the defogger lining - then you are in trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphin1 (Post 1247011)
Does anyone have any info as to where I can find an authorised dealer for VKOOL in Delhi.
I have googled, checked VKOOL website and gone through 20pages in this thread to find no details.
I am surprised to see that vkool being so popular is so hard to find.Even basic info about their dealer location on their website is missing.
Also how do i know that if someone is selling me Vkool that it's the genuine article.
Help please.Thanks

V-Kool India was able to give me the details of the dealer in Pune. The number for V-Kool India is 22 26186501 or 22 26186502. E-mail is info@v-koolindia.com. They should be able to help you out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphin1 (Post 1247011)
Help please.Thanks

Please contact and ask for their distributor in Delhi

Head Office :

V-KOOL India Pvt. Ltd.
406, S.V. Road,
Next to Pawan Hans,
Vileparle(west),
Mumbai - 400056,
Maharashtra, India.

Tel : +91 22 26186501 , +91 22 26186502
Emil : info@v-koolindia.com / vkool@vsnl.com