Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-42.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lejhoom (Post 1127056)
The shop gave me a warranty card, stating it is good for five years. I also got a bill. They didn't charge me anything extra for fitting etc. I am really happy after the film is fixed. It has greatly reduced the heat inside. I experienced it recently while I drove from sun up to sun down facing sun. It was quite tolerable. In fact, during several intervals I switched off AC.

That's a common experience after installing the front windscreen film.:D

Quote:

The shop gave me a warranty card, stating it is good for five years. I also got a bill. They didn't charge me anything extra for fitting etc.

Then I think its better that I go for Lumnar(3500) instead of Garware(2820) Screen. Its just a 700Rs extra.

By the way can you tell me what is the Lumnar model no.

Quote:

The shop gave me a warranty card, stating it is good for five years. I also got a bill. They didn't charge me anything extra for fitting etc. I am really happy after the film is fixed. It has greatly reduced the heat inside. I experienced it recently while I drove from sun up to sun down facing sun. It was quite tolerable. In fact, during several intervals I switched off AC.

Today I asked Lumnar people. They are saying that no availability of 70% film right now only 75% visibility film is available.
But the Cost is 70% is 4500. And the 75% is 6800. Out of that again 300 Rs Installation charge. Really Sucks :Frustrati

Which is the most reliable place to get V-Kool in Bangalore? Any reputed dealer?
I plan only for my front windshield. Sides are already done by dealer.
Looks like VK-70 is best for front. What will be the approximate price for Cedia's front windshield?

Any other guys in Bangalore except Infrakool solutions?

Just call up Infrakool solutions. Price would be around 9K I guess. He should give you a 5% discount. Usually without bill he gives a 10% discount but you have to push him to get it. I forgot that guy's name. Check my previous posts.

They are the wholesale dealers for v-kool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 1128319)
Just call up Infrakool solutions. Price would be around 9K I guess. He should give you a 5% discount. Usually without bill he gives a 10% discount but you have to push him to get it. I forgot that guy's name. Check my previous posts.

They are the wholesale dealers for v-kool.

Here is the quote I got for VK-70 for front windshield

InfraKool - 10690 (5% discount without bill)
Glamour car accessories - 10690 (10% discount with bill)

Haven't bargained with them yet!

Second guy is giving better price and more closer for me. But I haven't heard much about. Anyone here have an idea about "Glamour car accessories "?

How can I verify the V-kool sunfilm for its authenticity before putting it?
I wanted to make sure what I am getting is genuine stuff in terms of specification.

I may go ahead with the deal from Glamour car accessories. His last price is 9300/- for the front windshield alone with V-Kool V70.

Get it done by the V-Kool people themselves.

Another way to check is to see the actual rolls. There's V-Kool written on them here and there. On the three rolls they used on my Civic, I saw the complete logo on only one sheet though. They were a group of four guys who knew exactly what they were doing and they completed the work in a professional way. The man in charge, the owner of the V-Kool dealership in Cochin said that he had a sealed workspace at Cochin that would have really helped.

For the kind of money I was spending, it was fully worth it to get it done by the experts.

Yes. The shop guy said V-Kool guys will come for the installation. I will have to call him in advance before reaching his place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sowmya (Post 1127385)
Then I think its better that I go for Lumnar(3500) instead of Garware(2820) Screen. Its just a 700Rs extra.

By the way can you tell me what is the Lumnar model no.

I put 'Diamond' PP70 in the windshield, 'Silver' Grey 70 at the back and 'Silver' Black 50 on the sides. The shop Ambika Auto Agency is on Ministers Road, Secunderabad. You can see their name in the LLumar website. The warranty card states that Diamond series carry a warranty of 5 years and Silver series carry 2 years.

Did any of you try to authenticate V-Kool film on their website with your warranty number?

V-KOOL: Products

I put V-kool 70 on my cedia's front windshield yesterday.
After reaching home in the evening, I observed some abnormality with the door lock. I could hear the door lock/unlock sound occasionally even when the door was locked.

I sat inside the car for sometime to observe this and realized that it is only the sound, but the door is not actually locking/unlocking. Also I did hear a small humming sound (something like the noise produced by speakers) inside the car all through the night. The same was observed in the morning when I was leaving for office.

Looks like everything went off after a drive of 30km in the morning. Haven't seen any issues after reaching office. Will observe it for two more days.

Hope nothing serious!

Probably water in the electronics/switches causing the craziness.

How much did it cost you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1131411)
Probably water in the electronics/switches causing the craziness.

How much did it cost you?

Its gone now.
9300 for V-kool 70.