Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-46.html)

I am deciding between the following combos for my Linea:

Garware - Rs. 8,500
Icecool shield - Windshield + Icecool Elite 50 - Rear & sides

VKool - Rs. 30,000

V70 - All around

VKool - Rs. 20,000

V70 - Windshield + A50 - Rear and sides

Any advice? Are the Vkool products worth spending Rs. 12,000 - Rs. 22,000 over the Garware? From a pure specs perspective it seems that Garware is better than Vkool but seems like most of this forum prefer VKool.

Thanks for the help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1249987)
------------------------------------------
Any advice? Are the Vkool products worth spending Rs. 12,000 - Rs. 22,000 over the Garware? From a pure specs perspective it seems that Garware is better than Vkool but seems like most of this forum prefer VKool.

Thanks for the help!!

Bump. Any feedback?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 1247012)
I got the V-Kool 70 installed on my front windscreen a couple of days back. Costed me around 9.5k (dont remember exactly). The interiors dont get heated up as much as without tint. Also, i dont see any issues in night driving till now (with stock headlamps). BTW does anyone know whats the legal limit for side windows ? 50% or 40% tint ? And approx cost for 3m/V-Kool ?

Legal limit as per the MV Act is 70% visibility within the car. All faces of the occupants in the car must be visible.

Legal limit is 70% for front windscreen and 40% for all other glass surfaces.

VK70 on all glasses cost ~35K on a Civic and VK70 on the windscreen with VK40 (Diamond) on all other glasses cost ~36K on a Civic. Your car might have a different (usually lower) cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1252670)
Legal limit is 70% for front windscreen and 40% for all other glass surfaces.

Are you sure, as I understand it is 70% for all around. Delhi Police enforces this law very strictly due to one time sudden increase in abduction and rape in moving vehicles.

It's what was told to me by a vehicle inspector when I went for registration. Don't know if it varies by state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1252738)
It's what was told to me by a vehicle inspector when I went for registration. Don't know if it varies by state.

My Bad! its 70% in the front and rear and 50% for the side windows.

Here is the link http://morth.nic.in/writereaddata/su...2608339380.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1249987)

Garware - Rs. 8,500
Icecool shield - Windshield + Icecool Elite 50 - Rear & sides

VKool - Rs. 30,000

V70 - All around

VKool - Rs. 20,000

V70 - Windshield + A50 - Rear and sides

Thanks for the help!!

Put garware grand, the highest series. I have Vkool and just got garware grand fitted on another car yesterday and both perform the same :Frustrati

What's the better choice between Garware & LLumar?

With a budget of 10K, what's recommended? (windshield + rear & sides)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1252793)
My Bad! its 70% in the front and rear and 50% for the side windows.

Here is the link http://morth.nic.in/writereaddata/su...2608339380.pdf

MC, in Hyd it is 70% front and back, 50% all around, I confirmed with RTO during my registration. But I got 70% front and 37% all around. Inspector did not frown, just a long stare(could not figure out what that meant :uncontrol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1252951)
MC, in Hyd it is 70% front and back, 50% all around, I confirmed with RTO during my registration. But I got 70% front and 37% all around. Inspector did not frown, just a long stare(could not figure out what that meant :uncontrol)

Long stare because in Hyderabad, there is a big laxity in implementation of the law. The rules regarding tinting are not state subject but national subject governed by CMVR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1252853)
Put garware grand, the highest series. I have Vkool and just got garware grand fitted on another car yesterday and both perform the same :Frustrati

Thanks for the info.

Isn't the VLT on the grand only 40%? Did you put Icecool Shield on the windshield and Grand on the other windows?

How much did you pay and for which car.

Thanks again!

VKOOL Delhi dealer number for films:09313284363

The above number is actually not dealer but the company directly.They install directly and do not retail through other shops apparently in Delhi at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvjascha (Post 1252938)
What's the better choice between Garware & LLumar?

With a budget of 10K, what's recommended? (windshield + rear & sides)

Based on specs Garware seems like the best bet.

I'm thinking of getting the following combination:

Icecool shield - Windshield + Icecool Elite 50 or Icecool Grand - Rear & sides.

Price should be between Rs. 8,000 - Rs. 9,000. Will decide once a few more TBHPians weigh in.

I got the front windshield sun control film (V-Kool V70) installed yesterday. Checked price with Infra Cool Solution and they quoted Rs.12,800 for my Innova. Called Ravindu Toyota and their initial quote was Rs.11,500. Negotiated and finalized at Rs.9,500 including installation. Need to see the difference it makes when driving in the hot sun. Will post my comments soon.