Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-50.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1272019)
As far as branded sun films go I think Garware at ~ Rs. 3,000 is going to be the cheapest option

Garware also has a brand that is around 2200 bucks. But I was told it does not have much anti-glare coating on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1272057)
Garware also has a brand that is around 2200 bucks. But I was told it does not have much anti-glare coating on it.

I spoke to a local accessory shop and he is quoting Rs. 900 for Llumar and as expected he doesnt have any idea abt the specification. Should I go for it. I seriously dont want to spend more than Rs. 1500 as I dont want to increase the replacement cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderNomad (Post 1272386)
I spoke to a local accessory shop and he is quoting Rs. 900 for Llumar and as expected he doesnt have any idea abt the specification. Should I go for it. I seriously dont want to spend more than Rs. 1500 as I dont want to increase the replacement cost.

Llumar for 900 ! Just make sure that it's not a fake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 1272552)
Llumar for 900 ! Just make sure that it's not a fake.

lol:

Llumar for Rs.900/- IS fake. Guaranteed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1272590)
lol:

Llumar for Rs.900/- IS fake. Guaranteed!

I fully agree with Steeroid.It can't be anything but fake at the price quoted to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1272720)
I fully agree with Steeroid.It can't be anything but fake at the price quoted to you.

Do we mean here that the Garware which is available at most of the accessory shops (with Garware printed on the film) for Rs. 500 - 600 for the whole car (minus the windscreen) is also fake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderNomad (Post 1272756)
Do we mean here that the Garware which is available at most of the accessory shops (with Garware printed on the film) for Rs. 500 - 600 for the whole car (minus the windscreen) is also fake?

Garware actually makes lower end films and sells them in bulk so it's possible that the Rs. 600 Garware is authentic.

Hi i got a quote of 3000 for garware and 3500 for 3M in Annanagar,(chennai).Another dealer quoted 3000 for 3M (whites road).

Which one would be better?? or should i go for lumar (4500).

Please specify the model which is best in all the 3 brands.

Thanks

@joshguy

try looking at the specs in the excel sheet on this post and decide

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1238903

Guys, I have an update---Last evening, on my way back home, I found an odd sound coming from the engine when releasing the throttle for up-shifting--something the like the revvs continuing for a second even after releasing the throttle---I never heard that type of sound before. Surprisingly it stopped coming when I switched off the AC.

When I was almost home, I found the AC was not cooling at all--though the light was glowing on the AC and recirculate buttons. I suspected that water might have caused a fuse to blow when installing the windscreen film. On reaching home, I rang up the Mody Ford service advisor, and he asked me to check the temperature guage with the AC button on. I did---and it was at MAX (120 degrees). Luckily my journey was only 11 kms, and the problem had started after 7 kms or so.
He said it would have been a blown fuse that might have also caused the fan motor to go bust, and asked me to bring it first thing in the morning, without using the AC at all. He said they'd replace it free as my car was under extended warranty.
I gave it to him this morning, but did not tell him about the sun film part, as that might give them a chance to void my warranty. That thing costs around 3 K or so!
I am still not sure if it was a chance failure, or is linked to the windsreen film installation 3 days ago---but I'll ask him after the replacement is done and all papers are signed. :). I thought of sharing this info, as I've read that some Swift owners had their ECUs damaged.

Here's another update---I spoke to the Ford service advisor---he says the windscreen film installation has nothing to do with the fan motor going bust. He said there were a few more Fiesta's with fan motor issues in hot summer, and mostly diesels.
The replacement was done for free owing to extended warranty, else i'd have had to shell out Rs 4500 for it. Cheers to extended warranty.

@Wandernomad : If you are on a budget i believe you can get Garware Classic lite for Rs 1830/- side (50%)and rear(70%) .It is very transparent and does a pretty good job vis-a-vis no film .Also if you want on front screen the best would be at low prices is Garware Cool Vision for 2800/-.
Now the garware you get for 500-600 Rs reduces heat more by absorption than reflectance so you windows heat up a lot.Also they are not good at all at blocking UV Rays.I believe this to be the major difference as told to me by Garware guys when i got the abov ementioned films installed on my 800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderNomad (Post 1272756)

Buddy,
its a whole range.I installed films in my car from Garware,and the total cost came to Rs 9000.:D

Hope you get my point.

A correction here Garware cool vision is Rs1850/- and ice cool is 2800.

hi friends!
Having gone through all these threads i went for LLUMAR today for my i10.I put AIR75 for front , platinum neutral35 for sides+rear.I dint go for N50 as it was too light! Yet to check it out in the chennai sun..as my installayion was over only by 5:30pm today.I got it done from the distributor (sandya,alwarpet,as mentioned earlier by other members) for 9500 bucks for all.I got this price after bargaining a bit and even managed to get a duster for my car as a complimentlol:!But i felt the price to be slightly on a higher side when compared to other cities.Initially he quoted 10,750 bucks!
Can anyone comment on this deal ? i'm a newbie driver:D