Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-60.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1423837)
Offtopic but required by situation. I have Llumar on Santro Xing and honestly it's one of the most disgusting film series I've ever seen, Llumar's other products have been well applauded. I got that car specific pack (50% sides and 70% rear) and the film hardly makes any difference, moreover the film is thin. Thin is being used as I got Garware Classic Dark Natural Ash shade installed on i20, the installer (who is doing this job for the past decade) was praising the film for its quality. The film's thickness is 1.5mm. The film seems to be photo-chromatic and has a good appeal. Further, am awaiting its performance in Delhi's heat and hope it proves worthy of every penny spent on it.

With the classic pack, we were able to complete sides and rear on i20(single piece), rear of Santro Xing (Single piece) and we are still left with enough film to do rear of another Santro or i20. :thumbs up

I got Llumar for Rs.1,045 from Reliance and this film I got for Rs.1,200. Garware is no cheap brand, I agree Llumar, 3m, V Kool are very well known brands but this doesn't make Garware inferior, in some aspects it may be. It is the best VFM one gets with warranty varying from 1 year to 5 years. I'm not related to Garware or this industry, but simply downgrading an Indian brand for an expensive foreign brand is not logical. I don't demean those who advocate foreign brands, but we should consider the performance and price and not origin of the brand.

My friend recently bought a tata safari and got garware with scratch resistant coating on his windows. The film within 20 days is now full of srcatches and looks disgusting. Thank god I didn't go for that though the price is really attractive. I am now thinking of picking up 3m RE series or llumar for my i20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1434708)
I use V Kool because of install quality assurance. If I had that for the CR 70, I would have opted for that. Looks to me to be the best VFM and the quality that a front screen needs.

Hehe... your signature says it all!

Varun, shocking is the word for this. Any idea about the film's name and did he check for the seal, whether it was intact or not?

Garware has been there for ages and offers good VFM but there has never been such issues. Nowadays, its easy to remove seal stickers with hot air gun and re-stick them after altering the contents.

I'll be getting Garware Classic Dark Natural Ash installed at sides and Ice Cool Shield for front of Santro soon. I got it from a genuine reseller, so there's no chance of me getting a counterfeit product. I've the same on i20 and it's going good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1436780)
Varun, shocking is the word for this. Any idea about the film's name and did he check for the seal, whether it was intact or not?

Garware has been there for ages and offers good VFM but there has never been such issues. Nowadays, its easy to remove seal stickers with hot air gun and re-stick them after altering the contents.

I'll be getting Garware Classic Dark Natural Ash installed at sides and Ice Cool Shield for front of Santro soon. I got it from a genuine reseller, so there's no chance of me getting a counterfeit product. I've the same on i20 and it's going good.

Got the side and rear of my GP put with the Garware for Rs. 1800/-.
Truely speaking i dont see much of a difference in the cooling effect, but defintely the looks have improved. I dont see any seal on them :(
But i was there when he stuck it, it was from a big role and i didnt see any where specifically written \'Garware\' but he confirmed me and said there is a 3 year guarantee. Do you all think i got cheated? :Frustrati

With the film on.
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_3618.jpgFront windscreen sunfilm?-img_3619.jpgFront windscreen sunfilm?-img_3622.jpg
This one was before the film was put on..
Front windscreen sunfilm?-02072009014.jpg

Also suggest me one for the front windshield which gives the most minimal vision obstruction; myself poor sighted already :D.
And about the Vkool 70 clear one, how does it look from outside; mirror finish black or transparent itself.
Help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1436780)

Good for you man. My friend got it from safari dealership from bareilly only. He is not that car literate so I don't know if he checked it up properly. but he says it came in box wrap etc.

I finally installed 3m RE50 on sides and RE 70 on front and back. The heat reduction is amazing and my dash doesn't get as hot as it used to and there is immediate cooling from ac now. I got it done from automarc, lajpat nagar. the amazing thing was he gave me Rs.500 less than the distributor was offering. And I also got warranty card for the same.

@manjo : If you had ur film from a big roll yoi have been taken for a ride .For 1800 rs You get individual boxes of Garware.Also it must/should have garware printed at many places on the film specifying the model of Garware film and VLT % .

Please confirm with your dealer ASAP.The big box is generally used for sunfilms of Rs 300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal (Post 1436141)
My friend recently bought a tata safari and got garware with scratch resistant coating on his windows. The film within 20 days is now full of srcatches and looks disgusting. Thank god I didn't go for that though the price is really attractive. I am now thinking of picking up 3m RE series or llumar for my i20.

I have Gaware Ice cool shield on my Safari for the past 10 months, absolutly no issues with it and my car is parked in the sun all day, it's also covered by 5 year warranty, absolutly no scratches, with all films you must take care whilst cleaning.

I have a sunfilm installed on the windscreen. I do not know the brand or opacity level. But it is medium dark. The film is excellent during the day but during the nights with the AC on, the windscreen is fogging. I have tried directing the AC towards the windscreen, but that doesnt help. This happens only during the night and after almost 1 hour of driving. The fogging/misting is on the outside. I have to use the wipers to clear it out. Any suggestions or Advice. Is this problem because of the sunfilm? please: Help me!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanm (Post 1443159)
I have Gaware Ice cool shield on my Safari for the past 10 months, absolutly no issues with it and my car is parked in the sun all day, it's also covered by 5 year warranty, absolutly no scratches, with all films you must take care whilst cleaning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust (Post 1442619)
@manjo : If you had ur film from a big roll yoi have been taken for a ride .For 1800 rs You get individual boxes of Garware.Also it must/should have garware printed at many places on the film specifying the model of Garware film and VLT % .

Please confirm with your dealer ASAP.The big box is generally used for sunfilms of Rs 300.

I meant the small boxes only and also he didn't go in for front windscreen film. Ice Cool shield is for the windshield so suffers less abuse due to rolling down as in side windows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1443889)
sunfilm installed on the windscreen. I do not know the brand or opacity level. But it is medium dark. !!

Any shade of dark and front windscreens do not go together, dump it asap, it will give rise to safety issues. For sure at night, perhaps in the day too. You cannot take a chance with reduced visibility that has to happen if the film looks even medium dark.
I can't see external fogging happening because of internally fitted film, but you can check that out as soon as you have dumped the film!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1443889)
I have a sunfilm installed on the windscreen. I do not know the brand or opacity level. But it is medium dark. The film is excellent during the day but during the nights with the AC on, the windscreen is fogging. I have tried directing the AC towards the windscreen, but that doesnt help. This happens only during the night and after almost 1 hour of driving. The fogging/misting is on the outside. I have to use the wipers to clear it out. Any suggestions or Advice. Is this problem because of the sunfilm? please: Help me!!

Hi Elegance,

To my knowledge, external fogging on the windscreen usually happens when the AC vents along the windscreen are operated. Check the setting of the AC vents and ensure it is set to your regular vents on the dashboard. If so, then I am sure that air is still coming from the vents along the windscreen. Why dont u physically check them when the AC is in operation?

Epic

@Sawyer : The sun film does not really reduce the visibility, but is very effective when driving in the day time in the scorching sun. I have found this issue of external fogging only when driving in the night and that too after almost an hour of driving. I am also in a thought of dumping the film if this external fogging is caused by this sunfilm.

@Epic : Thanks Epic. I always keep the AC directed in the normal vents. I need to check whether there is any air blowing on the windscreen vents. Will confirm this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1446819)
@Sawyer : The sun film does not really reduce the visibility, but is very effective when driving in the day time in the scorching sun.

The world over, films of VLT of less than 70% are illegal for front screens because of the safety issues. And inadvisable, but if your film is in that category, it is finally your call to make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1446819)
@Sawyer : The sun film does not really reduce the visibility, but is very effective when driving in the day time in the scorching sun. I have found this issue of external fogging only when driving in the night and that too after almost an hour of driving. I am also in a thought of dumping the film if this external fogging is caused by this sunfilm.

I have heard that if tints are not installed properly they will affect the defroster working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1446926)
The world over, films of VLT of less than 70% are illegal for front screens because of the safety issues. And inadvisable, but if your film is in that category, it is finally your call to make.

@sawyer : I did check with my dad regarding the sun film as he was the one who got it installed and he told me that the film opacity is within legal limits. I want to make sure that the issue of fogging is due to the sun film and not anything else before i get it uninstalled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaks (Post 1447037)
I have heard that if tints are not installed properly they will affect the defroster working.

@zaks : Defroster comes only on the rear windscreens. Here I have a problem with the front windscreen.