Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-58.html)

@tsk13: Which Llumar Series film do you have?? I found Llumar films to be the best around, I am using Steel 20 on my Sides and Rear Windscreen and they are perfect. Heat rejection is superb. I maybe installing PP70 on my front windscreen soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1423844)
@tsk13: Which Llumar Series film do you have?? I found Llumar films to be the best around, I am using Steel 20 on my Sides and Rear Windscreen and they are perfect. Heat rejection is superb. I maybe installing PP70 on my front windscreen soon.

I think they are the basic series. I got the black and red car pack, which are coming model specific and are retailing as low as Rs.950. Yours is a higher series and will surely outperform the Llumar I got.

I'll be getting Garware Ice Cool Shield installed on Santro. It's a cool green shade and heat rejection of upto 50%, the best in its price category. Even Elegant guy, who sells 3m recommended this over 3m only because of heat rejection amount. The maximum which I was getting in 3m at Garware's price was around 35% heat rejection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1423837)
this film I got for Rs.1,200. Garware

Is the classic one which is attached below. (using phone cam)
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img02531.jpg

these 2 were the other options offered
1800 for non-green
4800 (i think) for the green one.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img02532.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img02533.jpg

I have Garware Cool Vision on front , and Garware Classic lite on sides and rear.Heat rejection is good but not excellent .You will not feel the sun hitting you at 40Degree .
But once major disadvantage of Garware is that it tends to get scratches just by wiping with clean cloth etc. And car glasses do tend to get dirty from inside so wiping / cleaning is mandatory which have left me pretty badly scratched glasses .This doesnot create any problem at day or night but at night i can see the scratches and it feels bad.

In a free market, generally one gets what one pays for. As an analogy, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. The more expensive films offer a lot more for the price they ask. This does not imply any disrespect for a local brand, I suggest.
Brand marketing and counterfeits distort this economic truth,so one needs to be able to take that into account of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust (Post 1423893)
But once major disadvantage of Garware is that it tends to get scratches just by wiping with clean cloth.

This is really strange because I had installed Garware on my old M 800 and used to wipe the film every weekend with a soft, slight damp chamois and have never had any scratches whatsoever. :confused:

The film is tough and scratch proof. I can't remember the name of the series I installed, but it worked well for me.

Is the film that you have genuine? Does it have the hologram on it?

The film is genuine for sure .I have a bill + certificate + dotted prints on film saying cool vision / classic lite with VLT specifications. See what i am saying is if there is slight dust also it will scratch .And the Garware film which comes for around Rs 800/- does not scratch .I have this in one of my friends car .But both Cool Vision ( very easy to scratch ) , Classic Lite ( Is much more tolerable to scratch) are not good in this department but they are way better than local jet blacks in visibility and heat rejection .
Also many if my friends have said the film is very efficient in terms of heat rejection .

Yesterday i went to get my windshield tinted, however could not get it done as we were unable to remove the RVM inside the cabin. Can someone help me with the correct procedure to remove the Lancer RVM which is kinda stuck on the W/S.

Thanks,

Pramod

Install around it? That's what the V-Kool guys did with my Civic. They cut the film to fit around the RVM's pedestal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1431535)
Install around it? That's what the V-Kool guys did with my Civic. They cut the film to fit around the RVM's pedestal.

I saw that on another lancer and didnot like it, BTW how much did you pay for v cool? and how is the night vision? any problems with haze during rains?

I paid ~32K at Motor Plaza. Dudes from Cochin came to install it.

Night vision is better than stock. A lot of glare is cut out, no perceivable reduction in visibility. No haze after the film dried out (~4-5 weeks). I have VK-70 all over.

As for not liking how it looks, it's a transparent film, near impossible to make out it's there unless you know what to look for. Unless of course, you are installing dark sunfilm on your windscreen, in which case I'll have to question your sanity :D

hi, I have been quoted 2000/- for a Autographix sunfilm for windows and rear glasses only. with heat rejection of 45% and UV 99% as mentioned in the pack. He also told me about Garware which can be done in 1000/- bucks, with 35% heat rejection.Anybody used Autographix, i am keen on that. and How much does a front windscree sunfilm would cost, with decent quality??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1431836)
I paid ~32K at Motor Plaza. Dudes from Cochin came to install it.

You paid 32 K just for the filim :Shockked:. No offences, smuggling anno?:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1432150)
You paid 32 K just for the filim :Shockked:. No offences, smuggling anno?:D

The right way to look at this is an investment for 5 years. That comes to around Rs 500 a month. For what it does, this is still good value for a high end car if it is out in the sun a lot, particularly one that has a lot of glass all around. Once you get around the - I can't even see it - mindset!
PS@fordmanchau - do not install anything cheap on the front. Your life is not that cheap. A V 70 will set you back Rs 11-12 k for just the front. I use that on all my cars. The 3M CR 70 is just as well specced, at a lot less, but still 6-7 k. Probably just as good, but no personal experience. If you think that is too high, leave the front screen be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1432203)
The right way to look at this is an investment for 5 years. That comes to around Rs 500 a month. For what it does, this is still good value for a high end car if it is out in the sun a lot, particularly one that has a lot of glass all around. Once you get around the - I can't even see it - mindset!
PS@fordmanchau - do not install anything cheap on the front. Your life is not that cheap. A V 70 will set you back Rs 11-12 k for just the front. I use that on all my cars. The 3M CR 70 is just as well specced, at a lot less, but still 6-7 k. Probably just as good, but no personal experience. If you think that is too high, leave the front screen be.

That does not justify my expression which is till by the way like this :Shockked:. If was him i would have had a carputer plus some good speakers for that money any ways, i like your idea i liked a TAG on my recent visit to hyderabad central. priced ~1 lac. According to that calculation if i use it for 5 years then it comes arround 54 Rupees and 74 paisa per day, which is about 2 rupees less than the lunch money my comany pays as coupons. Nice way of convincing oneself. i might use this convincing trick else where. really great idea :D.