Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-54.html)

I own a Swift LDI. A friend told me that it already has sun blocking glasses. Is that true?

I need the film only for heat and UV blocking. So do not want any tint color.

Apart from that, anybody knows any shops in Noida/Indirapuram where I can get 3M/LLumar/Garware films installed at descent prices and good installation quality?

Maruti really cuts costs on this. Even the Swift ZXI does not come with tinted glasses. Compared to that except for the base models, Hyundai i10 not comes with tinted glasses, but even has a glare band on the windscreen.

i dont know any shop any noida but if you can come to south delhi being near to noida. You can go to Elegant in lajpat nagar, they qoute a bit high rates but you can bargain and get the deal right. The advantage is that they have very good installers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Update: Today I talked to Carnation. They are offerring sun film from a brand called Autocraft. For sides+rear it would cost 1300. Its of the RTO approved 70/50 %, with a IRR% of about 30%.... Anybody heard of this brand before?

Quote:

IRR% of about 30%.... Anybody heard of this brand before?
No i have not heard of this brand before. IRR needs to be as high as 90% to cause heat rejection . IRR of 30% is way too low and it is no use going for such films.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 1321794)
i dont know any shop any noida but if you can come to south delhi being near to noida. You can go to Elegant in lajpat nagar, they qoute a bit high rates but you can bargain and get the deal right. The advantage is that they have very good installers.

I called up Elegant and here is what they offered for my Swift LDI:
3M 's RE 50. For the sides and back they quoted rs. 4500 with 3 yr warrenty.

Does this look to be a good price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkumarmp (Post 1319553)
Having seen dozens of posts against garware its difficult to think of it, .

drkumar
I too have been going thru this thread and do not find the majority against garware. There are a few yes, but ot the other hand there are many praises too. Not withstanding the fact that it is less than half the cost :D

anybody? Is rs. 4500 too high for 3M RE series....sides and rear of Swift ? What is the approx cost of the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skumar69 (Post 1323743)
anybody? Is rs. 4500 too high for 3M RE series....sides and rear of Swift ? What is the approx cost of the same?

I have installed 3M RE65 on my Safari couple of months back. Side and back glass. It costed me Rs. 4500 with 3 Yr warranty. So for shift it should be slightly less.

3M RE series costed me around Rs.3200, for Swift, 6 months back in bangalore

I recently got Garware sun films done on my i10. I went for Ice Cool Elite for side and rear and Ice Cool Grand for the front wind-shield. The prices paid were Rs 5000 for side and rear and Rs. 2500 for the front film. All were done in single piece. The film carries 5 year warranty and is the highest-end Garware. Somebody from Garware had come to do the job and he has done a pretty decent job, I must say. The film though is only moderately effective. I think I was expecting much more for that price.

The place where I got it done is Durga Car Decor in Sector 16 market, Noida. It is the authorised Sony accessories shop there. I find them to be the best bet in Sec 16!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skumar69 (Post 1320997)

Apart from that, anybody knows any shops in Noida/Indirapuram where I can get 3M/LLumar/Garware films installed at descent prices and good installation quality?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skumar69 (Post 1322166)
I called up Elegant and here is what they offered for my Swift LDI:
3M 's RE 50. For the sides and back they quoted rs. 4500 with 3 yr warrenty.

Does this look to be a good price?

Why don't you get it done with dealer directly. PM me for number. He will come to your place and install.

I'm looking to get very dark tint for my Civic in a couple of days..that's on all the sides and rear. I also want to get a medium dark tint for the front windscreen. RTO regulations are not an issue.

Can anyone tell me what to get and what to ask for at the shop? I'm too tired to look through the thread, and I'm looking to do this within a couple of days. Thanks in advance.

Finally i went to a dealer who had Garware and Autografix films. He said that autografix was better than garware and that it was 2 ply so more scratch resistant.

So I got Autografix installed on sides and rear of my Swift for about rs. 800

The films are so clear that it was hard initially to make out if the film was installed or not!

I have installed Vkool 70 on my front glass and it is effective. However I have one problem. When in bright sunlight at a certain angle it apperas that there is a layer of dirt or some oil sprinkled on the windshield.
This appears only in a certain angle (eg. while on a slope) otherwise its very clear and installation was done by authorized dealer. Car is civic.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?