Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1432203)
PS@fordmanchau - do not install anything cheap on the front. Your life is not that cheap. A V 70 will set you back Rs 11-12 k for just the front. I use that on all my cars. The 3M CR 70 is just as well specced, at a lot less, but still 6-7 k. Probably just as good, but no personal experience. If you think that is too high, leave the front screen be.

6-7K is acceptable to me, but probably I will skip doing the front windscreen as yet, can invest it in seat covers and other tid-bits accessories.
No mention of the Autographix sunfilm quality??

Hi guys,

Just installed Llumar Air 75 on my wind screen today. Paid a total of 6.3k including tax. I am very happy with it.

Epic

@Fordmanchau - haven't researched the spec of any other than V Kool and 3M. Below the 3M CR pricing, I think performance will tail off pretty sharply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 1432420)
6-7K is acceptable to me, but probably I will skip doing the front windscreen as yet, can invest it in seat covers and other tid-bits accessories.
No mention of the Autographix sunfilm quality??

I have Autographix sun film on my windows and rear, and Garware Ice cool on my windscreen. Both are good and economical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawyer (Post 1432560)
@Fordmanchau - haven't researched the spec of any other than V Kool and 3M. Below the 3M CR pricing, I think performance will tail off pretty sharply.

No problem Sawyer. I gues you have been very happy with the performance of Vkool.I need to research more though, I guess for hyderabad's weather a decent sunfilm would suffice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1432656)
I have Autographix sun film on my windows and rear, and Garware Ice cool on my windscreen. Both are good and economical.

Venu sir, I got those quotes from Sai Bajrang Car decor at somajiguda. How much did the Garware Front windscreen sunfilm cost?
I also got quote for seat cover from them, will PM you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1432246)
That does not justify my expression which is till by the way like this :Shockked:. If was him i would have had a carputer plus some good speakers for that money any ways, i like your idea i liked a TAG on my recent visit to hyderabad central. priced ~1 lac. According to that calculation if i use it for 5 years then it comes arround 54 Rupees and 74 paisa per day, which is about 2 rupees less than the lunch money my comany pays as coupons. Nice way of convincing oneself. i might use this convincing trick else where. really great idea :D.

Umm yeah, I paid 14.2L for my car. I could've gotten an 800 and still gotten four wheels, an engine and four doors. Does that mean I should?

What do you drive? A Lancer?!? Holy @#$%, smuggling aano?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1432246)
That does not justify my expression which is till by the way like this :Shockked:. If was him i would have had a carputer plus some good speakers for that money any ways, i like your idea i liked a TAG on my recent visit to hyderabad central. priced ~1 lac. According to that calculation if i use it for 5 years then it comes arround 54 Rupees and 74 paisa per day, which is about 2 rupees less than the lunch money my comany pays as coupons. Nice way of convincing oneself. i might use this convincing trick else where. really great idea :D.

For some one that understood the economic benefits of an effective film, this would make sense. For anyone else, it would feel like a trick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1432930)
Umm yeah, I paid 14.2L for my car.

If you would have said- I spent 14.52L on my car and the dealer "threw away" V-Kool 70 all around the car -then Pramod's eyebrows wouldn't have raised. Both your's and the dealer's money would be considered "hard earned".:D

can a certificate be obtained stating the visibility of films on all the glasses .. so that it can be produced if a traffic police guy questions about it.. ??

i had heard that the better brands like 3M and Llumar give a certificate of the visibility of the film installed...

I doubt the police will bother to take cognizance of pieces of paper. But they do have light meters, or so I am told, in Mumbai. And a 50% light transmitting film can be seen to be so by the eye, quite easily. A 70% cannot even be seen, so is never an issue.

My requirements in a windshield film:
1) max visibility (High-VLT) AND at same time good heat rejection (High TSER)
2) Capability to reduce glare from oncoming hi-beams at night
3) Scratch resistant

I have short-listed Garware Icecool Shield / 3M-CR70.
Is Garware good enough or will I get significant better results with 3M-CR70. The TSER is almost the same.
Hope both these films satisfy above 3 requirements for me.

Specs (TSER ratings in %):
Llumar AIR75: 39% (~Rs. 6.5k)
Garware Icecool Shield: 50% (~Rs. 3k)
V-Kool 70: 55% (~Rs. 12k)
3M CR-70: 59% (~Rs. 5-6k)

Llumar AIR75 has very low TSER so ruled out.
V-Kool seems obscenely expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neotraveller (Post 1434656)
3M CR-70: 59% (~Rs. 5-6k)

V-Kool seems obscenely expensive.

I use V Kool because of install quality assurance. If I had that for the CR 70, I would have opted for that. Looks to me to be the best VFM and the quality that a front screen needs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1432930)
Umm yeah, I paid 14.2L for my car. I could've gotten an 800 and still gotten four wheels, an engine and four doors. Does that mean I should?

What do you drive? A Lancer?!? Holy @#$%, smuggling aano?

No offences sir, i think it was friday effect on me, any ways congrats for a great car and gear filim. I am from delhi i have seen people spending more than what you spent on sun filim but i thougt we mallus are little bit conservative when i comes to money, sorry my bad was not trying to stereo type any one but still i just spent 900 for the film sorry forgot the brand, got it cheap because of some contacts, anyways enjoy your ride.

Pramod

So what is the judgement? V Cool or 3M or Garware or Llumar? Any one can help with availability in Kochi and costing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 1423837)
Offtopic but required by situation. I have Llumar on Santro Xing and honestly it's one of the most disgusting film series I've ever seen, Llumar's other products have been well applauded. I got that car specific pack (50% sides and 70% rear) and the film hardly makes any difference, moreover the film is thin. Thin is being used as I got Garware Classic Dark Natural Ash shade installed on i20, the installer (who is doing this job for the past decade) was praising the film for its quality. The film's thickness is 1.5mm. The film seems to be photo-chromatic and has a good appeal. Further, am awaiting its performance in Delhi's heat and hope it proves worthy of every penny spent on it.

With the classic pack, we were able to complete sides and rear on i20(single piece), rear of Santro Xing (Single piece) and we are still left with enough film to do rear of another Santro or i20. :thumbs up

I got Llumar for Rs.1,045 from Reliance and this film I got for Rs.1,200. Garware is no cheap brand, I agree Llumar, 3m, V Kool are very well known brands but this doesn't make Garware inferior, in some aspects it may be. It is the best VFM one gets with warranty varying from 1 year to 5 years. I'm not related to Garware or this industry, but simply downgrading an Indian brand for an expensive foreign brand is not logical. I don't demean those who advocate foreign brands, but we should consider the performance and price and not origin of the brand.

My friend recently bought a tata safari and got garware with scratch resistant coating on his windows. The film within 20 days is now full of srcatches and looks disgusting. Thank god I didn't go for that though the price is really attractive. I am now thinking of picking up 3m RE series or llumar for my i20.