Team-BHP - Front windscreen sunfilm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Front windscreen sunfilm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/5142-front-windscreen-sunfilm-48.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1260881)
Yes.The specs are: Garware Ice Cool Grand (VLT:40%,UV Rej.:99%,Heat Rej.:70% ).
No issues with the cops ever.Contrary to perception,the Grand and the Shield has a very very light metallic green hue to it.You can jolly well see inside,if standing beside the car.Hence cops never have been an issue with my ride.

I had the Garware Ice cool shield(original) installed on my front windscreen of the Safari.
Barely any difference in heat reduction, though the glare reduction at night was quite good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1259760)
Is the VLT on the Icecool Grand 40%? Any trouble with the cops?

I actually found the Grand to be pretty light tint compared to my other car that has a darker shade even though I was told both are RTO approved.

What is the legal limit?

Heard on the radio this morning that the RTO in Mumbai is cracking down on dark films once again, this time with a tint meter !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1260948)
I actually found the Grand to be pretty light tint compared to my other car that has a darker shade even though I was told both are RTO approved.

What is the legal limit?

Heard on the radio this morning that the RTO in Mumbai is cracking down on dark films once again, this time with a tint meter !

Legal limit is 50% on rear and sides and 70% on front and rear.

I'm going for Icecool Shield (70% VLT) on the front and Icecool elite 50 (50% VLT) on the sides and rear. Will get it installed this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1260948)

:Shockked:
Whats a tint meter? Does it detect tints or check the Visual Light Transmission percentage?I guess it would be the latter.

Daktar
I got the Garware for my front windscreen at last. Makes quite a difference to light entry. Heat rejection is also acceptable. I think it's good VFM. Thanks for endorsing the brand.
Sudipto

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1263212)
:Shockked:
Whats a tint meter? Does it detect tints or check the Visual Light Transmission percentage?I guess it would be the latter.

It checks the VLT percentage. There's a thread on it in the Indian Car Scene Forum.

A local accessory shop in Gurgaon quoting Rs 1200 for the 3M front windshield sun film. He said they had bought some roles last year and are trying to finish it off. What should be a good price for the front 3M front sunfilm and what all things should I concider while buying 3M .

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 1260901)
I had the Garware Ice cool shield(original) installed on my front windscreen of the Safari.
Barely any difference in heat reduction, though the glare reduction at night was quite good.

You have an XXL windscreen. Vkool is the only hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1263528)
You have an XXL windscreen. Vkool is the only hope.

So would a Garware icecool do for a Fiesta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 1263258)
Daktar
I got the Garware for my front windscreen at last. Makes quite a difference to light entry. Heat rejection is also acceptable. I think it's good VFM. Thanks for endorsing the brand.
Sudipto

Dada
Hope you don't mind me having reservation against using the term 'endorsing',especially here.I approved,seconded,commended the product after using it for a while,never promoted or sanctioned its use by others.Don't want to open a discussion here whether I am their brand ambassador.

I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon,by the way.

PS:Just Kidding!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 1263258)
Daktar
Sudipto

I believe under the Central Motor Vehicle Act (CMVA 100) you are not permitted to put a film on the front windscreen. And purely on statutory terms, an RTO cannot approve use of film on front windscreen as it can be hazardous during night driving.

You are lucky in Kolkatta to get away with it, in Chandigarh they are definitely more strict, but exceptions still exist.

Regards

Jaskirat

You are allowed to use a front windscreen sunfilm as long as it has at least 70% VLT.

Does garware have got icecool with a black or brown shade other that green. I basically dont like those green shade. In my place window tints are not at all against to the r.t.o rules

Calicut is still part of the Republic of India.

The Kerala MVD insists on a minimum of 70% VLT on the front windscreen and 40% everywhere else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish (Post 1263513)
A local accessory shop in Gurgaon quoting Rs 1200 for the 3M front windshield sun film. He said they had bought some roles last year and are trying to finish it off. What should be a good price for the front 3M front sunfilm and what all things should I concider while buying 3M .

This is either a hoax 3M or the guy is seriously looking for cash. The price here in Calcutta is Rs 7200 and elsewhere in the country it should go at around Rs 6000.