Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2009, 11:20   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Yes.The specs are: Garware Ice Cool Grand (VLT:40%,UV Rej.:99%,Heat Rej.:70% ).
No issues with the cops ever.Contrary to perception,the Grand and the Shield has a very very light metallic green hue to it.You can jolly well see inside,if standing beside the car.Hence cops never have been an issue with my ride.
I had the Garware Ice cool shield(original) installed on my front windscreen of the Safari.
Barely any difference in heat reduction, though the glare reduction at night was quite good.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:37   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Is the VLT on the Icecool Grand 40%? Any trouble with the cops?
I actually found the Grand to be pretty light tint compared to my other car that has a darker shade even though I was told both are RTO approved.

What is the legal limit?

Heard on the radio this morning that the RTO in Mumbai is cracking down on dark films once again, this time with a tint meter !
Old 16th April 2009, 12:41   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I actually found the Grand to be pretty light tint compared to my other car that has a darker shade even though I was told both are RTO approved.

What is the legal limit?

Heard on the radio this morning that the RTO in Mumbai is cracking down on dark films once again, this time with a tint meter !
Legal limit is 50% on rear and sides and 70% on front and rear.

I'm going for Icecool Shield (70% VLT) on the front and Icecool elite 50 (50% VLT) on the sides and rear. Will get it installed this weekend.
Old 16th April 2009, 16:04   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Whats a tint meter? Does it detect tints or check the Visual Light Transmission percentage?I guess it would be the latter.
Old 16th April 2009, 16:39   #710
Senior - BHPian

Daktar
I got the Garware for my front windscreen at last. Makes quite a difference to light entry. Heat rejection is also acceptable. I think it's good VFM. Thanks for endorsing the brand.
Sudipto
Old 16th April 2009, 16:49   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

Whats a tint meter? Does it detect tints or check the Visual Light Transmission percentage?I guess it would be the latter.
It checks the VLT percentage. There's a thread on it in the Indian Car Scene Forum.
Old 16th April 2009, 18:56   #712
BHPian

A local accessory shop in Gurgaon quoting Rs 1200 for the 3M front windshield sun film. He said they had bought some roles last year and are trying to finish it off. What should be a good price for the front 3M front sunfilm and what all things should I concider while buying 3M .
Old 16th April 2009, 19:01   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I had the Garware Ice cool shield(original) installed on my front windscreen of the Safari.
Barely any difference in heat reduction, though the glare reduction at night was quite good.
You have an XXL windscreen. Vkool is the only hope.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:26   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You have an XXL windscreen. Vkool is the only hope.
So would a Garware icecool do for a Fiesta?
Old 16th April 2009, 22:43   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Daktar
I got the Garware for my front windscreen at last. Makes quite a difference to light entry. Heat rejection is also acceptable. I think it's good VFM. Thanks for endorsing the brand.
Sudipto
Dada
Hope you don't mind me having reservation against using the term 'endorsing',especially here.I approved,seconded,commended the product after using it for a while,never promoted or sanctioned its use by others.Don't want to open a discussion here whether I am their brand ambassador.

I am an Orthopaedic Surgeon,by the way.

PS:Just Kidding!
Old 16th April 2009, 23:01   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Daktar
Sudipto
I believe under the Central Motor Vehicle Act (CMVA 100) you are not permitted to put a film on the front windscreen. And purely on statutory terms, an RTO cannot approve use of film on front windscreen as it can be hazardous during night driving.

You are lucky in Kolkatta to get away with it, in Chandigarh they are definitely more strict, but exceptions still exist.

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 17th April 2009, 00:10   #717
Senior - BHPian

You are allowed to use a front windscreen sunfilm as long as it has at least 70% VLT.
Old 17th April 2009, 00:47   #718
BHPian

Does garware have got icecool with a black or brown shade other that green. I basically dont like those green shade. In my place window tints are not at all against to the r.t.o rules
Old 17th April 2009, 08:03   #719
Senior - BHPian

Calicut is still part of the Republic of India.

The Kerala MVD insists on a minimum of 70% VLT on the front windscreen and 40% everywhere else.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:24   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
A local accessory shop in Gurgaon quoting Rs 1200 for the 3M front windshield sun film. He said they had bought some roles last year and are trying to finish it off. What should be a good price for the front 3M front sunfilm and what all things should I concider while buying 3M .
This is either a hoax 3M or the guy is seriously looking for cash. The price here in Calcutta is Rs 7200 and elsewhere in the country it should go at around Rs 6000.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks