Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 11:11   #826
BHPian

What are the RTO rules regarding films in Bangalore, in Mumbai Side glasses have to have min 50% VLT and 70% for windscreen. If Bangalore also follows the same rules then most of the options would be illegal except for RE70 and FX50.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:24   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
What are the RTO rules regarding films in Bangalore, in Mumbai Side glasses have to have min 50% VLT and 70% for windscreen. If Bangalore also follows the same rules then most of the options would be illegal except for RE70 and FX50.
Bangalore RTO has no rules that they care to implement, pitch dark driver side window allowed, same for windscreen as I have seen, even cracked one is allowed, I wish someone here @ Bangalore RTO or Police took things serious, anything & everything goes here at the garden city, that’s why there is absolutely no basic common sense/ decency or discipline on the road. Auto rickshaws make so much noise it literally hurts the ears, horns blast off indicabs fancy, everyone has to ride with high beam even when there is plenty of street lights (always wondered what it is that those nuts want to look so clearly with high beam at the back of a Lorry that too at the signal?). No one questions anyone in this pathetic city, anything goes. Hope things got more strict here.
Old 24th July 2009, 09:47   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
Bangalore RTO has no rules that they care to implement, pitch dark driver side window allowed, same for windscreen as I have seen, even cracked one is allowed, I wish someone here @ Bangalore RTO or Police took things serious, anything & everything goes here at the garden city, that’s why there is absolutely no basic common sense/ decency or discipline on the road. Auto rickshaws make so much noise it literally hurts the ears, horns blast off indicabs fancy, everyone has to ride with high beam even when there is plenty of street lights (always wondered what it is that those nuts want to look so clearly with high beam at the back of a Lorry that too at the signal?). No one questions anyone in this pathetic city, anything goes. Hope things got more strict here.
Very well said. Absolutly no basic common sence, and aggressive style of driving to add to it. Makes one wonder what happened to the old bangalore. Police are totally outnumbered by the sheer volume of traffic s policeing is pathetic. and only to make a quick buck on helpless two wheeler drivers. The can't stop 4 wheelers any where as it will cause traffic jams, forget about stopping lorries esp sand carrying ones. So they all go about their buisness carefree.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:22   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Very well said. Absolutly no basic common sence, and aggressive style of driving to add to it. Makes one wonder what happened to the old bangalore. Police are totally outnumbered by the sheer volume of traffic s policeing is pathetic. and only to make a quick buck on helpless two wheeler drivers. The can't stop 4 wheelers any where as it will cause traffic jams, forget about stopping lorries esp sand carrying ones. So they all go about their buisness carefree.
I am sure we will be red flagged soon for OFF TOPIC, but its such a irressitable topic, hope there is a thread for driving descency or the likes, I am sure many of us would like to at least "cry" our selves (on the thread) to sleep as there isnt much else we can do about the situation.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:37   #830
BANNED

Guys gone through this whole thread, thinking V-Kool 70 is a better option. I wanted to go for front, rear and sides( All V-Kool 70) for my just booked i20 . Any idea of how much it will cost me? can you recommend a good V-Kool installation shop in Bangalore
Old 30th July 2009, 07:23   #831
BHPian

@wildon
Please share your thought process / reasons for choosing V-Kool. And why 70 ?
Old 30th July 2009, 09:47   #832
Senior - BHPian

How long will the front windshield film remain effective? I want to install 3M film for my Alto. The sides and rear are protected by film, but a lot of heat comes in through the windshield in the afternoons.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:25   #833
BANNED

From this thread most of the user are saying V-KOOL, but you have to pay for it higher . Just done a comparison have a look at it. is any other good manufactures are out there? please comment
Attached Images

Old 30th July 2009, 13:46   #834
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
How long will the front windshield film remain effective? I want to install 3M film for my Alto.
They last as long as the other normal window films and come with a warranty as well. Few have been using them for a few years now with no problems. Reduce the heat in the cabin to a good extent.

The only thing you will have to watch out for is your A.S.S putting their service stickers on the right hand corner once you have stuck the film and then at the next service they use a blade to scrape it off damaging the film. This happened recently to my friend's A-Star.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:19   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
The only thing you will have to watch out for is your A.S.S putting their service stickers on the right hand corner once you have stuck the film and then at the next service they use a blade to scrape it off damaging the film. This happened recently to my friend's A-Star.
You can specifically instruct them not to remove the stickers stuck inside with blade. If at all they want to remove it, they shoud use wet cloth for the same. I make sure this happens with me in MASS
Old 30th July 2009, 15:20   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
From this thread most of the user are saying V-KOOL, but you have to pay for it higher . Just done a comparison have a look at it. is any other good manufactures are out there? please comment
Thanks for sharing the information. Do you know any authentic place(s) in Bangalore to get Huperoptik? How costly is it?

There was quite a comprehensive excel sheet comparing major brands, posted here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1238903

It didn't have Huperoptik, which is a good candidate to be added to that list! Preferably with warranty and indicative prices.

Last edited by santosh.s : 30th July 2009 at 15:22.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:04   #837
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Thanks for sharing the information. Do you know any authentic place(s) in Bangalore to get Huperoptik? How costly is it?

There was quite a comprehensive excel sheet comparing major brands, posted here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1238903

It didn't have Huperoptik, which is a good candidate to be added to that list! Preferably with warranty and indicative prices.
I got a Call from Mr.Rao who is a dealer for Huperoptik. He quoted 16600/- for my yet to delivered i20 - All glasses including the front windshield. here is the address
Padmini Nano Products
Banashankari 1st Stage

Old 30th July 2009, 20:14   #838
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I got a Call from Mr.Rao who is a dealer for Huperoptik. He quoted 16600/- for my yet to delivered i20 - All glasses including the front windshield. here is the address
Padmini Nano Products
Banashankari 1st Stage

Sachin's auto shop in koramangala quoted Rs 5300 for Vista front windshield CR 70 with 5 year warranty card from 3M
Old 1st August 2009, 06:52   #839
Senior - BHPian

As a long time user of V 70, I used it again on my front glass for my new car. It works very well, but it is expensive,@ 12k for just the front. Good investment over 5 years, and yes, given the way the front glass is more like an angled sunroof these days, that is where most of the solar energy comes into the car from, as far as glass is concerned.
The 3M CR 70 is very well specced, and is available for half the price of the V Kool. I was not sure of the installation quality for it, which is why I stayed with V Kool. I also tend to believe that one gets what one pays for, and that is another reason for the decision. Having said that, it is possible that the CR 70 is just as good, and in that case it makes a very good case for use all around the car. Will not have any impact on safety at night and keep the interiors newer for longer, and reduce the load on the AC/Engine. It will not allow for privacy of course, but I think that is not as important as safety. But that too is perhaps an age driven point of view!
Using the CR 50 elsewhere is a great VFM solution too - but one needs to be sure of installation quality.
PS: For V kool fans, I recommend v 70 in front and the X 68 gold dust elsewhere. The X 68 has a light gold sheen, while still allowing over 50% of light transmission. For an i 20, it would come to a total of Rs 19k. V 70 all around would probably be around Rs 32k.

Last edited by Sawyer : 1st August 2009 at 06:57. Reason: PS
Old 1st August 2009, 08:05   #840
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That is a pure agmark lie. I have put 3M CR 70 and 50 respectively in chennai for my linea

Hi how much did it cost for it? and where in chennai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks