Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:39   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Got the Garware IceCool shield installed on my car's front windshield again. The windscreen had broken some time back, & it had the same film installed on it. I had felt a big reduction in the cabin temparatures after installing this film, & hence went for it again.

And oh, not to forget, courtesy of our very own Bhpian "Bandhav" for the same.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 22nd September 2011 at 20:47.
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:41   #1577
BHPian

I guess its the installers fault in your case. If done by a professional installer, it cant go wrong. Been running my honda for 7 and swift for 4 yrs with rear tints and no issues have cropped up!
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:48   #1578
BHPian

got 3m cr 70 installed today at milan subway. new authorised dealer at milan is shreyas motors. car lounge is closed. price was rs. 5500/-. special thanx to akshay 1234.

Last edited by M124 : 3rd October 2011 at 18:52.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:41   #1579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
got 3m cr 70 installed today at milan subway. new authorised dealer at milan is shreyas motors. car lounge is closed. price was rs. 5500/-. special thanx to akshay 1234.
Same owners I'm guessing. No problem buddy. How is the film?
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:13   #1580
BHPian

same owners. film is good. a/c was set at 25 throughout the afternoon. will be going for v-kool or 3m for the sides and rear . current llumar is pathetic, it has dulled and developed bubbles. i think i was conned by the llumar installer he sold me a fake .
Old 4th October 2011, 23:45   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys I had a small doubt. I was thinking of going for Vkool for my altis. Decided to go for vkool 70 on the front and Vkool40 for the sides and rear. But VK40 has only 40% VLT. So that makes it against the law right since Delhi RTO says 50% visibility is needed? To add to the confusion the Vkool dealer told me they will give a certificate with the films saying that its legal and incase of getting challaned still, vkool will reimburse me.

If not Vk 40 then the other film I found suitable for the sides and rear is A50 or A60. How is the review for these films as at most places on the forum I have only seen people talk about VK 70 and VK 40.
Old 18th November 2011, 15:22   #1582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey guys I had a small doubt. I was thinking of going for Vkool for my altis. Decided to go for vkool 70 on the front and Vkool40 for the sides and rear. But VK40 has only 40% VLT. So that makes it against the law right since Delhi RTO says 50% visibility is needed? To add to the confusion the Vkool dealer told me they will give a certificate with the films saying that its legal and incase of getting challaned still, vkool will reimburse me.

If not Vk 40 then the other film I found suitable for the sides and rear is A50 or A60. How is the review for these films as at most places on the forum I have only seen people talk about VK 70 and VK 40.
Yes it is against the provisions of Motor Vehicle Act. Well you might get off because Delhi Police doesn't have Lux Meter to actually check the visibility of the films. And from the naked eyes anyone can hardly make out the difference between 50% and 40% visibility. So the chances of Police actually stopping you are slim. By the way, what does the certificate that the installer has provided say?
Old 18th November 2011, 16:07   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Yes it is against the provisions of Motor Vehicle Act. Well you might get off because Delhi Police doesn't have Lux Meter to actually check the visibility of the films. And from the naked eyes anyone can hardly make out the difference between 50% and 40% visibility. So the chances of Police actually stopping you are slim. By the way, what does the certificate that the installer has provided say?
Hey I went with the law on this one finally and got VK 70 for the front and the back and H 50 for the sides. So its within the legal guidelines.
Old 18th November 2011, 17:56   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey I went with the law on this one finally and got VK 70 for the front and the back and H 50 for the sides. So its within the legal guidelines.
I've V-Kool 70 on all glasses on my Etios. It's really good.
How's H50 performance compared to VK70 ?
Old 18th November 2011, 18:20   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I've V-Kool 70 on all glasses on my Etios. It's really good.
How's H50 performance compared to VK70 ?
Well thats awesome. VK 70 is the most premium film available in the market right now. How much did it cost you? Must be close to 40-50k I guess?

Right now I am unable to comment on the efficacy and the difference if any in the 2 films I have got since the peak summer season is over. But I do feel that the glare reduction is not very prominent by the VK 70 on the front windscreen. That was one feature I was really looking forward to and may be my expectations were too high. Your comments on this?
Old 18th November 2011, 18:21   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I have sunfilm all around except for the front windshield because driving at night is hard enough without the sunfilm. If you can get a clear polarizing sunfilm, that would probably be your best choice as it does not reduce night-time visibility.
Hi ! This one caught my attention. Many thanks. I was reading a lot about the clear polarizing sunfilms and I must say am pretty impressed. Are you aware of any brands who sell these and available in India? If not, I'll probably try and get it sourced before my lady beats me down and blame the fabia's clear glass for her tan...
Old 18th November 2011, 19:56   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well thats awesome. VK 70 is the most premium film available in the market right now. How much did it cost you? Must be close to 40-50k I guess?
It costed me 33.5k . I was initially tempted to go for Vkool 40 on the sides, then decided against it, since I didn't want to take the risk of making the vehicle dark and invite penalty at some stage in the future.

Quote:
Right now I am unable to comment on the efficacy and the difference if any in the 2 films I have got since the peak summer season is over. But I do feel that the glare reduction is not very prominent by the VK 70 on the front windscreen. That was one feature I was really looking forward to and may be my expectations were too high. Your comments on this?
Vkool 70 is not great in controlling glares. It's strength is in controlling heat ( 94% IR Rejection ) while letting maximum light in ( 70% Visible Light Transmittance ). Also, with regards to UV protection it's similar to having SPF 250 sunscreen applied on your skin. Add to that, the 5 year warranty, and robustness of the technology used ( It's used by NASA and by automobile manufacturers like Merc, BMW etc )

For getting rid of the glares in the day time, sun glasses are the best bet. In night, we'll have to find a way to stop looking at the head lamps and look at the way forward instead.
Old 18th November 2011, 20:52   #1588
BHPian

Hi ;

I own a i20 Diesel Asta , I have put 3M RE35 for the sides and rear and VKool VK70 for the front , the effect is amazing , even during rains you have sufficient visibility all around for drivability it cost me 4.7K for 3M and 12K for VKool stuff , plus it had also given an added boost to the air-conditioning , interiors cool faster than ever
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 12:49   #1589
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning for front windshield sun film for my i10. Advaith is quoting 6800 for 3M CR70. Is this the right price Advaith is quoting? Is there any other place in Bangalore I can get this done? Please suggest.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:56   #1590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi,

I am planning for front windshield sun film for my i10. Advaith is quoting 6800 for 3M CR70. Is this the right price Advaith is quoting? Is there any other place in Bangalore I can get this done? Please suggest.
You can check out Final Touch in Mission Road. Meet the owner Mr Akash. Fellow bhpians Xryder, IronH4wk and myself did a bit of mods there. I got my windshield films installed there. I have Llumar and got it for around 3.5k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks