Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 21:14   #1561
BHPian

Re: Front sunfilm that can reduce high beam light

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
If we all put high power bulbs, then it will multiply the issue that we are talking about. Are we not hurting ourselves.?
I guess that depends a bit - I drive in city in low-beam always and resort to high beam only when on-coming traffic has blinding lights.

However, on highways i use high-beam almost all the time as I've had a couple of close calls with unmarked trucks/bullock-carts parked/moving by the roadside.
Old 31st August 2011, 21:55   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Trust me, High beams are not a problem. Only when high beams scatter light and spread all over then it creates slightly blinding and hence driving trouble. Try putting on an zero power anti glare glasses and i am sure it will help. It has helped me and many others in the family who wear power glasses.
Once you wear anti-glare glasses the high beam from on coming traffic don't scatter and they seem like two bright dots (Without the scatter).
I would differ here.

The trucks, buses, cars, tractors, you just name it, all put on 100+ Watt Bulbs. I have faced many problems due to this.

I am unable to see even 5 feet ahead of me when these "KIND" People are coming in opposite direction.

When this happens, I simply have to stop and wait for that vehicle to pass me so that I can see the road ahead of me and drive.

Can any one please suggest remedy for this?
Old 31st August 2011, 22:12   #1563
BANNED

Spend some money on the lightest shade of polarizing/Anti-glare lenses?

--Ragul
Old 19th September 2011, 18:09   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Here is comparison between premium film of V-Kool (V70), 3M (CR70) & Garware (Ice Cool Shield):

Attachment 591370

From the posts in previous pages, owners were happy with performance with these 3 films. Specs are similar, though 3M fares marginally better. V-Kool is approximately 4 times that of Garware, while 3M is twice of Garware. 3M claims that it is "The only Sun Control Film with Multilayer NanoTechnology", while other 2 don't talk about technology.

I guess installation & other efforts would be same for either of these. The question is why there is huge difference in price?
I have recently installed the suncontrol film from InfraKool (IK-70) for the front windshield of my ANHC for 10.5k and I am very happy with its performance from the past 2 weeks. It not only blocks all kinds of rays and lights but enhances the functioning of AC (cooling effect) as well.

They have 2 models for the front windshield and its features are mentioned below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
I have recently installed the suncontrol film from InfraKool (IK-70) for the front windshield of my ANHC for 10.5k and I am very happy with its performance from the past 2 weeks. It not only blocks all kinds of rays and lights but enhances the functioning of AC (cooling effect) as well.

They have 2 models for the front windshield and its features are mentioned below:
Some more advantages of IKOOL:
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-ikool.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-ikool02.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2011 at 14:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 19th September 2011, 18:59   #1565
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Since Last April I am using Garware on All my windows and windshield. I found it to be quite effective in doing its work.
And cost effective also.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:21   #1566
BANNED

One question. Is it advisable to have films on the rear glass with filaments for defogger? One shopwalla advised against it while the other, seemingly more professional, said there was no problem? Wouldn't the heat, even if it is of minute proportion, affect the pasting of the film on the glass? Anyone who has gone for it please advise.
Old 19th September 2011, 20:38   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
One question. Is it advisable to have films on the rear glass with filaments for defogger? One shopwalla advised against it while the other, seemingly more professional, said there was no problem? Wouldn't the heat, even if it is of minute proportion, affect the pasting of the film on the glass? Anyone who has gone for it please advise.
Absolutely no issues, neither with the film nor with the defogger. Have it on both my cars and never had a problem.
Old 19th September 2011, 22:27   #1568
BHPian

can someone please provide contact details for 3M authorised dealer in mumbai ?
Old 20th September 2011, 01:59   #1569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
can someone please provide contact details for 3M authorised dealer in mumbai ?
Sorry for not replying to your PM, just saw it. On the 3M site, they have a contact no for Bangalore, you should call that and ask for where to get films in Bombay, they will give you the sales head of Bombays number. Speak to him and he will either get it done for you or tell you a place to get it done.

Otherwise most of the shops at Opera house or Milan Subway sell genuine stuff.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:54   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I distinctly remember hearing from an automobile aficionado that Garware Polyester is one of the few companies manufacturing sunfilm and 3M rebrands it.

This was confirmed by a Garware distributor as well and has been discussed on TBhp somewhere.
Perhaps. But still what they make for 3M will be as per the specs and QC of that company. So a Garware and 3M film need not be the same!

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2011 at 13:23.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:09   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Perhaps. But still what they make for 3M will be as per the specs and QC of that company. So a Garware and 3M film need not be the same!
Exactly, most companies, will have stringent quality control procedures and a product made by garware for 3M will be according to 3M's requirements and not necessary what garware sells in the indian market. Its like any apple product is made in china, and designed in california, you can see this clearly mentioned on all their products be it the macbook pros or the iphone. No one cribs about apple and compares them to cheap chinese knockoffs available in the market?

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2011 at 13:24.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:03   #1572
BHPian

I have recently installed Garware ALPS windshield film and am very happy with it. Costed me 3.5k.

Front windscreen sunfilm?-18092011445.jpg

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2011 at 13:25.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:44   #1573
BHPian

I have sunfilm all around except for the front windshield because driving at night is hard enough without the sunfilm. If you can get a clear polarizing sunfilm, that would probably be your best choice as it does not reduce night-time visibility.

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2011 at 13:25. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Limit discussions to topic on hand and relevant to our readers. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2011, 13:26   #1574
Team-BHP Support

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Limit discussions to topic on hand and relevant to our readers. Thanks.
Kindly use the below link to share all your footwear related discussions:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ds-thread.html
Old 21st September 2011, 14:42   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblackshark View Post
Absolutely no issues, neither with the film nor with the defogger. Have it on both my cars and never had a problem.
I would say just be cautious while the installation is going on especially on the rear defogger. Have posted my issue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2057009 Living with it since then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks