Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 17:28   #1606
Team-BHP Support

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Akshay do you know the reson that these happened with only Swifts or some other Suzuki cars? Inherent problem or installation gone wrong?

Asking as i am about to film up my new Swift
I'm too lazy to dig up the threads, but if I recall correctly it was due to substandard packaging of the ECU which let water leak in.

Don't worry about it but to be careful you can cover you dashboard with a cloth or two while it is getting tinted.
Old 10th February 2012, 00:37   #1607
BHPian

Got 3M CR70 installed for 5.8k for XUV 5OO at mission road,bangalore.Money well spent I must say.
Old 10th February 2012, 09:16   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Got 3M CR70 installed for 5.8k for XUV 5OO at mission road,bangalore.Money well spent I must say.
@gubbi555 could you pm me the shop name, contact person and contact number from where you installed 3M CR670? BTW did they give you a warranty of 5 years?
Old 10th February 2012, 10:08   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I need an opinion from i10 owners who have installed windshield sun film.
I have installed 3MCR70 on my i10. Yes, there is reflection from the biege dashboard and the matters get worse when we pass through tree shades on a bright day, as there would be lot of 'flicker' effect. I had installed in 2009 and my friend recently installed in his Logan that has beige interiors too. He was informed by 3M that the current films have lesser reflection, but not sure how far it is true. I could not see much difference in my friend's car. I have a pair of Poloroid sun glasses that cuts down most of the reflection, and I highly recommend it. So, if you get sunfilm on the windshield, its good to have a good driving glass too, for daytime. I have no issues for night drives. Glares from other vehicles cut down a bit but not very substantially.

Heat rejection is the absolute benefit of this film. My daily office commute is towards east and the sun shines directly on me, and the last 1 km is towards North. The moment I turn, my arms get burnt by the sun shine, as I have only 3MRE35 on the sides and can really feel the difference.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 11:10   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have installed 3MCR70 on my i10. Yes, there is reflection from the biege dashboard and the matters get worse when we pass through tree shades on a bright day, as there would be lot of 'flicker' effect.
Thanks for the reply. Actually I visited Advaith on ORR and he showed me all CR40, CR50 & CR70. He claimed that there wouldn't be reflection on the screen from the beige dash. Now I will have to take a decision whether to go ahead with the installation or not. I actually told the guy that I would be dropping my car for the installation today but now I am going to wait a bit more and find out whether the new film have lesser reflection. Thanks very much again for sharing information.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:13   #1611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I have no issues for night drives. Glares from other vehicles cut down a bit but not very substantially.
I'm surprised, I found with CR70 driving on small roads with people on high beam from the other side has become much more bearable. If I drive a car without the film now, my eyes literally hurt and I have to look away.

EDIT - One more thing, if you guys put dashboard polish it increases a reflection a lot. Wipe off all the excess polish and let the dash be a matte finish.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 10th February 2012 at 11:22.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:15   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much again for sharing information.
PM me if you want to check out my car. My workplace is opposite to Advaith on ORR.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:16   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Actually I visited Advaith on ORR and he showed me all CR40, CR50 & CR70. He claimed that there wouldn't be reflection on the screen from the beige dash. Now I will have to take a decision whether to go ahead with the installation or not. I actually told the guy that I would be dropping my car for the installation today but now I am going to wait a bit more and find out whether the new film have lesser reflection. Thanks very much again for sharing information.
It's not true,

I have CR70 on my ANHC and only thing Iam not happy with is the reflection of the dash (black), allways have to wear glasess to reduce it during the day time.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:16   #1614
Senior - BHPian

To cut down glare from oncoming headlights, a Polaroid anti-glare sunglass will be the best bet. Perfectly fine for driving at night.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 17:53   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
@gubbi555 could you pm me the shop name, contact person and contact number from where you installed 3M CR670? BTW did they give you a warranty of 5 years?
Car Shringar is the name of the place and the person to be contacted is Mr.Akshay.Here's the contact number-9886529909. Also I did get the warranty of 5 years.Job done pretty neatly I must say.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:42   #1616

Installed 3M-CR70 on my wife's Reva all round.
Installation was done at 3M car care, Sanjaynagar, Bangalore.
Mr. Amit there was very inviting and the work was done professionally. I'm more than satisfied with CR70!

It cost me a bomb though. 20K. (My wife's been told that it costed 4K lol)

It had become increasingly difficult for my wife to manage with Reva's A/c(good) from the last few weeks.
She drives 50Kms back and forth to work each day - mornings towards east and evenings towards west

I just got a call from her acknowledging 'the magic'.

Thanks to this thread, and thanks Team-BHP!!
vtejasd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:41   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
To cut down glare from oncoming headlights, a Polaroid anti-glare sunglass will be the best bet. Perfectly fine for driving at night.
Can you please let know of any brand /shop (in Chennai) from where you have purchased the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtejasd View Post
Installation was done at 3M car care, Sanjaynagar,

Is 20K a bit steep even for 3M? I was under impression that it will cost in 10-11k range.
Old 16th February 2012, 15:19   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtejasd View Post
Installation was done at 3M car care, Sanjaynagar, Bangalore.
Mr. Amit there was very inviting and the work was done professionally. I'm more than satisfied with CR70!

It had become increasingly difficult for my wife to manage with Reva's A/c(good) from the last few weeks.
She drives 50Kms back and forth to work each day - mornings towards east and evenings towards west

I just got a call from her acknowledging 'the magic'.

Thanks to this thread, and thanks Team-BHP!!
Me too, for my new Polo, at the 3m centre in Chennai.

I wanted the impossible: sun film that I can't see! I'm hoping, though, that the 30% cut will take the edge off the brightness. Also, the heat reduction is much less than with the denser films. Glad to know that you are finding it sufficient.

Mine was done yesterday. So far, its only test has been the drive home in the dark, and I can confirm that night vision is not affected at all.

By the way: we were told not to raise or lower the side windows for two days, to allow the film to achieve maximum adhesion. They even put a strip of masking tape over the switches to forcibly remind us!
Quote:
Is 20K a bit steep even for 3M? I was under impression that it will cost in 10-11k range.
Very steep ...but true for the CR range. Worse, in fact: cost for our polo was over 7,000 for the windscreen and over 15,000 for the other windows, all plus VAT, so more like 25,000.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 16th February 2012 at 15:22.
Old 16th February 2012, 15:51   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know of any brand /shop (in Chennai) from where you have purchased the same
I don't have it - I use only Ray-Ban Aviators in different shades and don't generally drive at night. But I saw a demo of Polaroid at Lifestyle, Chennai a couple of years ago and liked it very much. In one particular demo, letters on an object which were not at all visible under the given light conditions, became clearly visible upon wearing the glass. Very impressive.

Price was upwards of Rs 5K I think. It will definitely be available at Lawrence & Mayo, B'lore.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2012 at 19:15. Reason: fixed quote tags! :)
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 16:11   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Poloroid glasses (I think I should say "Polarising" rather than Poloroid, which is a brand name) can interact badly with some windscreens, causing a strong pattern to "appear" in the glass which blocks one's vision. Haven't experienced this for quite a while, though, so it may be something to do with older car glass technology.

A simple polarising-glass demo, and a simple way to check if the glasses in your hand are polarising. Wearing the glasses, look at a watch, calculator, etc, with an LCD display. Rotate it. the display will turn from clearly displaying digits to completely black.

Look at a shallow stream, with and without the glasses. Without, you will see the reflected light from the water's surface, and little else. With, you will see "through" that surface to the bed of the stream.

I guess we are offtopic from the specific subject of car film, but, so far as the new CR70 is concerned, I hope that it takes the edge off the heat sufficiently. There is 50% solar energy rejected, 97% Infra-red and 99.9% UV. Glare rejection is more with the darker films, and reflection is less.

Here are the specs for 3m Crystalline (CR range) sun films.

If I still have to put on my sunglasses when driving on a bright day I shall not mind. I've been doing that for many years, even in relatively-dull UK, to ease eye strain. I will never wear darkened glasses of any kind after the sun goes down: I think it is dangerous.

Day-time sunglass wearing may be the price I have to pay for un-darkened night driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks