Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:40   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr
Has anybody fit the front windshield sunfilm on their Tata Nano in Bangalore? I checked with the authorized dealer and they do not have it.

Any recommendations on brands / installers?
Try out vkool the best its on richmond road front windshield alone costs about 12k i absolutely recommend it. Got my car done up very happy
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 12:23   #1532
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Hi Folks,

I have installed Garware ICE Cool Sheild on my Alto's front windsheild.

Sadly i have paid 2600 for this and its just of no use.
You wont find a lot of difference with regards to the heat rejection, but you will like the Green tint on the windscreen, most of the time inside the car you will feel its evening outside, when you actually look out from the sides you'll realize its bright and sunny outside.

I think in my next car, i will put a Garware or LLmuar black Tint on my front windscreen, which has 70% visibility. Atleast some heat will be rejected and Solar rays pentrations inside the cabin will decrease. 70% visibility is manageable from inside for sure during day/night or during rains. Only during heavy fog conditions need to be carefull
Nash24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 19:34   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Here is comparison between premium film of V-Kool (V70), 3M (CR70) & Garware (Ice Cool Shield):

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 11644
Size:  15.1 KB

From the posts in previous pages, owners were happy with performance with these 3 films. Specs are similar, though 3M fares marginally better. V-Kool is approximately 4 times that of Garware, while 3M is twice of Garware. 3M claims that it is "The only Sun Control Film with Multilayer NanoTechnology", while other 2 don't talk about technology.

I guess installation & other efforts would be same for either of these. The question is why there is huge difference in price?
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 18:34   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Here is comparison between premium film of V-Kool (V70), 3M (CR70) & Garware (Ice Cool Shield):

Attachment 591370

From the posts in previous pages, owners were happy with performance with these 3 films. Specs are similar, though 3M fares marginally better. V-Kool is approximately 4 times that of Garware, while 3M is twice of Garware. 3M claims that it is "The only Sun Control Film with Multilayer NanoTechnology", while other 2 don't talk about technology.

I guess installation & other efforts would be same for either of these. The question is why there is huge difference in price?

3M is imported, so it will have duties and other costs. Also it is a "better brand" compared to Garware.

Don't know about Vkool.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:36   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hi Folks,

I have installed Garware ICE Cool Sheild on my Alto's front windsheild.

Sadly i have paid 2600 for this and its just of no use.
You wont find a lot of difference with regards to the heat rejection, but you will like the Green tint on the windscreen, most of the time inside the car you will feel its evening outside, when you actually look out from the sides you'll realize its bright and sunny outside.

I think in my next car, i will put a Garware or LLmuar black Tint on my front windscreen, which has 70% visibility. Atleast some heat will be rejected and Solar rays pentrations inside the cabin will decrease. 70% visibility is manageable from inside for sure during day/night or during rains. Only during heavy fog conditions need to be carefull
Nash, I am sorry but I could not make out whether you are happy or Unhappy with Garaware Films. From first 2 para it seems that you are not satisfied with its performance. But Last you intend to put Garaware tint.

What i feel is You are not happy with Ice cool Shield version and not with Garaware Brand. Next time you would like to consider some other version which has black or Grey tint. Am I right ?
Old 12th August 2011, 22:36   #1536
BHPian

I have got 3M RE50 & RE70 installed in my Fabia few months back & quite happy with the performance! I think, the price has also come down, don't know exactly..
Here are few pics-
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-dsc00285.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-dsc00284.jpg  

Old 25th August 2011, 23:37   #1537
BHPian

Front sunfilm that can reduce high beam light

I have serious issues driving in the night in City because of high beam lights from opp direction. Which front sun film do you suggest that can reduce the high beam light intensity?

The only criteria is that it should not be too dark / reduce my visibility from inside, esp in the night.

I had checked both 3M and Garware and found Garware value for money. Any thoughts on these primarily from high beam issue perspective? Found that all are relatively fine when it comes to heat rejection.
Old 26th August 2011, 05:06   #1538
BHPian

Re: Front sunfilm that can reduce high beam light

I would personally leave the front windshield untouched, except for a strip on the upper part. IMHO the sun films will not offer any help in night driving. The 3M and Garware films that you are talking about, are they specifically made for this purpose, for the front windshield?
Old 26th August 2011, 08:21   #1539
BHPian

have a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...nfilm-103.html
Old 26th August 2011, 08:45   #1540
BHPian

According to my understanding, the front windshield films have only one purpose: Keep cabin temperatures LOWER, by blocking unwanted sunrays. Although these films are almost transparent, they give a windshield a slight tint.

If it really does the duty as the manufacturers claim, then i would say these are highly recommended.
Old 26th August 2011, 09:12   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I have serious issues driving in the night in City because of high beam lights from opp direction. Which front sun film do you suggest that can reduce the high beam light intensity?
Few other things that you could check before getting towards film are.

Check how old is the glass and does it have small scratches on it, if yes then you could have a different solution. On my Baleno in the older glass which was 5 years old had small scratches and the light would disperse when falls on the windshield giving me a glare. When the glass cracked due to highway stone hitting it i got it replaced and now the headlamps of oncoming traffic look like small dots (Rather then light dithering)

The second (Cheaper solution) someone in the family found out is use anti glare glasses (Actually he wears glasses hence getting glass changed of glasses to anti glare helped a lot). So if you were glasses this could be a possible solution.

Another alternative is to use anti glare clear glasses while driving at night.

Finally if none of these suit you you could always get a film put on.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:14   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Another alternative is to use anti glare clear glasses while driving at night.
Wow!Wonder why i never thought of that.I have problems driving with oncoming highbeams too.My solution-Got 130/100 bulbs + relay.drive with lo beam and whenever an idiot comes with hi beam ,i put on my hi beam and instantly i get a lo beam from the oncoming car.I know i sound arrogant but it works 90% of the time.

Anyway am going to get some anti glare glasses now that you mentioned.Anybody using them for night driving?Is it good?
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:12   #1543
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
None whatsoever. film is soft and is bound to pick up micro-scratches, which will make the glare even worse.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 11:43   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Anyway am going to get some anti glare glasses now that you mentioned.Anybody using them for night driving?Is it good?
I use eye glasses for distance, and need them anyways. When i had my Indica the windshield had decent number of scratches and the only way to avoid glare was to wear Powered glasses with Anti-Glare coating. They surely helped until the Anti-Glare coating went off, i am sure these days something better would have come as far as Anti-Glare on power glasses is concerned.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:51   #1545
Team-BHP Support

I use 3M CR70 on my Accord, and I thought it did not help that much with glare. But the thing is, everytime I drive a car without film on the windscreen, my eyes hurt with the glare. So I guess the 3M film really does help a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks