Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 13:41   #1396
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@maverick145, called the 3M shop. But not so good news. The price is same for Wagon R.
7.5k is very expensive for 3M CR70. Yesterday I had enquired at an installer here in Bangalore and they quoted me 5.5k for the same for a Palio.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:50   #1397
BHPian

In the 3M original shop, even if its Audi or its maruti 800 the CR70 costs the same. I got a quote of around 6.8k incl of installation and 13.5% tax. if we need to remove the old film, 300 Rupees extra.

I am planning for Garware ICE Cool Sheild 70 for my 2008 model wagonR. But my sides are all having some taiwain sunfilm, bit reflective brownish one.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:43   #1398
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
In the 3M original shop, even if its Audi or its maruti 800 the CR70 costs the same.
Funnily enough, this is the exact dialogue they said over phone. Probably it is per piece dependant.
Old 19th March 2011, 15:41   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Maverick:
We got it for 2.5k. There is only a small drop in visibility (front windshield), although the side seems to be a bit dark. Night drive is comfortable and I can definitely feel the heat reduction since my car is parked in an open space when am at office. I have attached the pics of my ride.

BTW, both of us (Xryder) got the same tints all around.
Thanks naveen for all the detailed posts. I think the Llumar CHO5 and Garware Icecool Shield are the only options that I have in my budget. I will have a look at both and finally decide.

Quote:
@maverick145, called the 3M shop. But not so good news. The price is same for Wagon R.
Thanks for the effort anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Guyz, is there a product called Garware FRONTY? Heard it is around 2K in bangy with installation?
Anybody knows more about this? I can't see it on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
7.5k is very expensive for 3M CR70. Yesterday I had enquired at an installer here in Bangalore and they quoted me 5.5k for the same for a Palio.
I guess its more expensive at the 3M shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
In the 3M original shop, even if its Audi or its maruti 800 the CR70 costs the same. I got a quote of around 6.8k incl of installation and 13.5% tax. if we need to remove the old film, 300 Rupees extra.

I am planning for Garware ICE Cool Sheild 70 for my 2008 model wagonR. But my sides are all having some taiwain sunfilm, bit reflective brownish one.
I am also thinking of the Garware or Llumar. How is the Icecool Shield 70? Any reviews of it? And what about the visibility and of course the price?

Quote:
Funnily enough, this is the exact dialogue they said over phone. Probably it is per piece dependant.
Or it is cheaper at other vendors and more expensive at the 3M shops. Not sure though.
Old 20th March 2011, 11:50   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I am also thinking of the Garware or Llumar. How is the Icecool Shield 70? Any reviews of it? And what about the visibility and of course the price?
Hi, Garware Icecool Shield is great in terms of cutting on coming headlight glares as well as there is very less drop in visibility.

In terms of heat rejection, I feel they are kind of okay. I spent 3K for the film 6 months back.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 20th March 2011, 12:08   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

In LLumar, heat rejection is excellent but the headlight glare cutting is not all that great. Felt only slight improvement on that.
Old 20th March 2011, 12:08   #1402
Senior - BHPian

I had used garware icecool on my windshield 18 months ago. Now i find that when sun is shining from front of the car (at say 30 to 60 degrees above the horizon) i can see multicoloured swirl like markings on the windshield. It is distracting. Other than that the heat rejection is average. cost 1700/-.
Also a bit OT, I had got Garware (1200/-) for the sides and rear also 18 months ago but they were bad in heat rejection as well as they faded so had them replaced with 3M 33% film (2200/-) which is much better.

Last edited by goandude : 20th March 2011 at 12:21.
Old 20th March 2011, 12:33   #1403
BHPian

So it seems that the Garware Icecool Shield has just about average heat rejection capabilities but it does cut down on glare from other vehicles at nights. Llumar seems to be fine for me as I really don't mind the glare at nights but want good heat rejection.

I am still worried about the visibility drop in both cases as I have poor vision and drive mostly during the night.
Old 20th March 2011, 13:27   #1404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I had used garware icecool on my windshield 18 months ago. Now i find that when sun is shining from front of the car (at say 30 to 60 degrees above the horizon) i can see multicoloured swirl like markings on the windshield. It is distracting.
I see the same on my Huper Optik Klar 70 windshield film. I paid 8.5K for it. But I see it only when I wear polarizing sunglasses and only at a level below my eyeline. they are not swirls but patches/bars.

Quote:
Llumar seems to be fine for me as I really don't mind the glare at nights but want good heat rejection.
I may have missed something - does Llumar cause oncoming headlights to form a Halo or glare ?

--Ragul
Old 20th March 2011, 13:35   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I may have missed something - does Llumar cause oncoming headlights to form a Halo or glare ?

--Ragul
No. Naveen just mentioned that Llumar isn't really effective in dealing with the glares from the headlights of oncoming vehicles in the night. I don't know if it forms a halo or something.
Old 20th March 2011, 15:23   #1406
Senior - BHPian

So hows the performance of CR-70 with glares? i checked the demo of cr-70 infront of a halogen bulb and there was a noticeable difference in the temp when compared to plain glass or other 3m films, CR series was better, but the price quoted as mentioned previously by others at 3m car care is same immaterial of the car or windshield size at 6500.
Old 20th March 2011, 17:11   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Guyz, is there a product called Garware FRONTY? Heard it is around 2K in bangy with installation?
Hi, Garware fronty is there and one of my friends have used it in his i20. It has 70% VLT.
Old 20th March 2011, 17:26   #1408
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So hows the performance of CR-70 with glares?
Glare has gone down. Oncoming low beam glare is extremely low. Oncoming high beam glare is also down to tolerable levels.
Old 20th March 2011, 18:33   #1409
BANNED

Can anyone here please help me out.

I just got a quote of 4K for 3M RE50 sunfilm for the sides+rear for my Ford fusion. The guy is a trusted dealer here in Delhi so he is pretty authentic.

But the question here is, Is the price right or is he demanding more?

PS - Is there any other brand that you guys want to recommend? I know the llumar distributor in Delhi personally and I am sure i can get a good price there, but Are these any good? What is the warranty on llumar, 3M gives 3 year warranty on RE series.

Please recommend a llumar film also which looks like the RE 50 of 3M.

PPS - In Delhi, permitted sun film visibilty is 50% for the sides and 70% for front and rear. Also, is front sunfilm worth it? If Yes, then what should i be looking at in 3M and Llumar.
Old 21st March 2011, 09:47   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No. Naveen just mentioned that Llumar isn't really effective in dealing with the glares from the headlights of oncoming vehicles in the night. I don't know if it forms a halo or something.
No side effects from oncoming lights. It performs similar to the stock windshields. But I can say that the heat rejection is good since I have dark tints all around. So it's improved.

I have gone through all major tints for few months now and I feel that these particular tits offers the best visibility range. Only a marginal drop in visibility is experienced. Some pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0561.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0563.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks