Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 18:03   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Filming for windscreen + sides and rear

hello I am planning to get my Figo filmed and opted for Llumar.

AIR 75 for windshield and Steel 35 (may be 50) for rest. I am getting the whole deal for 6000

I have read somewhere in the thread (which was posted ages ago) that a similar pricing is fake. However I checked with the guy and he promised me to show the film and also give me the bill and warranty too.

I told him that he is a fake which is when he got sentimenttal and started explaining me his margins. It seems he buys the material in bulk and sells at discounted rates(he is from Pune). He also claimed that he provides the accessories for Honda show room etc.

Can I take him to confidence?
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:09   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
hello I am planning to get my Figo filmed and opted for Llumar.

AIR 75 for windshield and Steel 35 (may be 50) for rest. I am getting the whole deal for 6000

I have read somewhere in the thread (which was posted ages ago) that a similar pricing is fake. However I checked with the guy and he promised me to show the film and also give me the bill and warranty too.

I told him that he is a fake which is when he got sentimenttal and started explaining me his margins. It seems he buys the material in bulk and sells at discounted rates(he is from Pune). He also claimed that he provides the accessories for Honda show room etc.

Can I take him to confidence?
Check with LLumar if they've him as an authorised reseller. Moreover, check the prevailing rates in other stores.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:09   #1248
BHPian

I have AIR 75 on Swift Front Windscreen and it costs me 7500 INR at the showroom when I bought the car 2 years back. Just re-confirm the costing and the geniuness of the film
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:39   #1249
BHPian

Guys ! There are a lot of fakes running in lumnar market. Is there any way to identify whether the stuff we are going to buy are genuine?
Old 5th July 2010, 23:55   #1250
BHPian

Help needed, people! My requirements:

1. We have a black car with beige interiors. However, lot of visibility from the outside into the cabin which we would like to avoid and feel a bit cosy as well. How much darkness of films is allowed on Indian roads.

2. The Windshield films should have good anti-glare properties as well for night driving.

3. Since its a Spark and I live in Chennai sunlight entering thru the windshield makes the steering wheel and the gear handle unbearably hot. So need to cut it down.

4. What are the costs of the various films which has the properties and where in Chennai can I find a good deal and more importantly a good installer.

Thanks.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:19   #1251
BHPian

Okay, I have a query. I went about getting quotes for tints for the upcoming vehicles and got the following:

Llumnar Black SR 35 - Sides & Rear - i20 - Rs. 1800/-
Llumnar Black SR 35 - Sides & Rear - Safari - Rs. 2000/-
Llumnar Black SR 35 - Sides & Rear - Indica Vista - Rs. 1800/-

Llumnar Steel SR 35 - Sides & Rear - i20, Safari & Indica Vista - Rs. 6000/- for each

My requirements:
1. Should be legal.
2. Should be classy.
3. Should work as designed.

The dealer is authorised and is listed on Llumnar website.

Are these quotes okay? When I actually get it done, I will get some discount. Inputs will be appreciated.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:47   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, I recently got sun film installed (Llumar) on all sides. After two days I see very very minute air bubbles here and there on the films they are of the size of this .
Please suggest what has to be done. I called up the dealer and he tells me that it would take time for the sheet to settle down it has been 5 days and nothing seems to be changing, should I ask them to reinstall new sheets? Would they do it? Kindly help
Old 9th July 2010, 16:52   #1253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
We have a black car with beige interiors. However, lot of visibility from the outside into the cabin which we would like to avoid and feel a bit cosy as well. How much darkness of films is allowed on Indian roads.
A minimum visibility of 50% for sides and 70% for front and rear are allowed legally. But it also depends on how strict authorities are in your area.

Personally I find 50% to be too light, so i have 35% visibility Sunfilm on my cars.
Old 9th July 2010, 18:28   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hello guys, I recently got sun film installed (Llumar) on all sides. After two days I see very very minute air bubbles here and there on the films they are of the size of this .
Please suggest what has to be done. I called up the dealer and he tells me that it would take time for the sheet to settle down it has been 5 days and nothing seems to be changing, should I ask them to reinstall new sheets? Would they do it? Kindly help
When I got the quotes today, I asked the dealer this specifically. He responded that firstly, not to worry, he has well experienced installers doing the install for him and secondly, even if this happens, he will replace the film for me.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:24   #1255
BHPian

How to clean the windscreen with sunfilm on it?

After the dealer's installers had finished applying the sunfilm on my windscreen, doors and hatch, I noticed that there were finger prints and glue residue. What material does one need to use to clean this off and how to clean the sunfilm regularly? Any particular type of cloth/soap/cleaning liquid? Or just plain old water and a clean,soft cloth that doesn't leave fibres?
Old 12th July 2010, 16:40   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Plain old water A clean, moist cloth - preferably the microfiber variety that wont scratch the sunfilm is your best bet.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:22   #1257

Hey Guys,

Also looking to get films put on the my Figo. I was not going to opt for sun films but the Delhi heat, and a whole lot of driving has made them a bit of a necessity.

I have a budget of 8500 exactly.

So I am looking at the 3M RE50 for the sides, and the rear, and 3M RE70 for the front. Harpreet Ford told me they can have the rear and sides done for 4500 with install, and the front will be another 3500.

I'm looking for opinions from your experience people. This thread has been a big help in getting me to narrow the choice down to 3M for their cost and quality. Not to mention that awesome excel file.

Anyone else with a Figo, whose got sunfilms installed, please chip in. Look forward to your feedback.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:27   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabh1602 View Post
Hey Guys,

Also looking to get films put on the my Figo. I was not going to opt for sun films but the Delhi heat, and a whole lot of driving has made them a bit of a necessity.

I have a budget of 8500 exactly.

So I am looking at the 3M RE50 for the sides, and the rear, and 3M RE70 for the front. Harpreet Ford told me they can have the rear and sides done for 4500 with install, and the front will be another 3500.

I'm looking for opinions from your experience people. This thread has been a big help in getting me to narrow the choice down to 3M for their cost and quality. Not to mention that awesome excel file.

Anyone else with a Figo, whose got sunfilms installed, please chip in. Look forward to your feedback.
Please get a quote from Automarc, Defence Colony. I got RE50 from there, the prices are competitive. You can also try other brands like LLumar, Garware etc.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:30   #1259
BHPian

Guys, Planning to get my swift's front windscreen done with film. Can you suggest me the models which do not affect the visibility during night driving & it must ban heat & UV rays completely. My budget is in the price range of 4k at maximum. Should i either go for 3M or Llumar?
Old 31st July 2010, 00:39   #1260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Guys, Planning to get my swift's front windscreen done with film. Can you suggest me the models which do not affect the visibility during night driving & it must ban heat & UV rays completely. My budget is in the price range of 4k at maximum. Should i either go for 3M or Llumar?
Please ensure the installer does not let the water seep through dashboard, or you may end up like this or this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks