Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 15:06   #1126
Senior - BHPian

@rr_zen
Thanks, will check it out. Can you recommend any particular place for this?
Old 5th April 2010, 15:13   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
rrzen,
can you also suggest good installers?, or the place where you got it installed?. Iam looking at 3M. CR70 or RE70 based on my Vitamin -M factor to install it this month.

Chennai heat is deadening man!!!
Yeah. I can very well relate to that since I go on long trips during weekends these days with the objective of putting in some kms on my new Civic.

Will PM you the details of the guy that does it for me.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:39   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Just got VCool installed in my Safari.
The front and back cost me Rs.11,000/-
All 6 sides cost me Rs.5,000/-
Got it installed by the company guys at Reliance automart.
The details (ie. product code) will be given if interested.
Can you please provide the details about it ? The exact product code.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:44   #1129

Hi, Seems like there are a few guys with the same question as me. So here is my situation:

I want a front screen sunfilm with MAXIMUM heat rejection, MAX Glare rejection and with ZERO visibility Loss.

Alongwith I would also want to know good heat rejection films for SIDE and Back Screen? I guess I can loose some visibility on sides as its not a big issue.

The car in question is my new i20 White.

Also, Could someone also please recommend an excellent installer in Gurgaon/Delhi who has done a similar job for someone to satisfaction?

Will appreciate your response!
Old 6th April 2010, 00:54   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Balaji Enterprises - Opp to SIET College. Check your PM
Old 6th April 2010, 01:46   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Please give the details here I am also planning to install films for my Civic.

The quote I am getting for side and rear is 4k for 3M RE35/RE50/RE70 and 5800 for CR70 for front windshield.

Please also PM me your name so that I can give him your reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Yes, Please post the number so that I can contact them for my install.
When I checked in Gurgaon, the price for Ice Cool Shield was 2800/- and for Alps it was 3300/-. I was told that this is recently launched and the packing had the manufacturing date as Feb 2010.
His name is Anna and the Mobile number has been PMed. Take my name, Tanveer. He's good at installs, ask him beforehand about the availability of films. Since he's an installer and not a shopowner I don't think he stocks very high end films. The latest addition he told me was of Solar Gard (don't remember the name of the film).

I would suggest that if you're looking for mid-range and high-end films get it done from the Store selling these brands as in case of warranty claims there won't be any hassle. In case you want a Low Mid-range or basic film, this guy is a good option. My friends who care about the Visibility more than the Heat Rejection are satisfied with his offerings and those who care about Heat Rejection, Solar Gard in an option. Ask him beforehand about the warranty and other details. I get the Films myself and get it installed from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I got Garware Icecool Alps installed on my Indica Vista on March 18th. Front windshield Rs 2800/ (MRP is 3200/-) VLT 70% , Heat rejection 50% as per packing. I got CMV sticker ( stating sunfilm confirms to the CMV standards)with pack.
Garware classic for the sides and back Rs 1600/-

From Sachin's Autoshop, Koramangala.

Installation is good.

I have driven the car up to night 1.30 AM on two occasions on highway after installation. It is ok. No problems
Wonderful choice.

Last edited by tsk13 : 6th April 2010 at 02:03.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:27   #1132
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
@rkg, is there any appreciable difference in the cooling performance during peak hours after getting those sunfilms installed? Even i have got an Indica, so asking.
there is a difference in cooling. But this year summer heat is too much in bangalore.
In Vista Ac is not upto the mark unlike Indica and Indigo/Marina.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:00   #1133
BANNED

I finally got the sunfilm installed yesterday in my car on the 4 windows + rear glass. I went for 3M RE50 for better heat rejection and 50% visibility. It cost me Rs 3,500 + vat and comes with 3 years warranty.
The installer appears to have done a good job, will have to see how it performs in keeping the interior cool.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:44   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I finally got the sunfilm installed yesterday in my car
From where did you get that done ?
Old 14th April 2010, 00:22   #1135
BHPian

Quote for 3M Sunfilm

Hi Guys,
Got a quote for the 3M sunfilm install for the linea from authorised dealer in Mumbai.This includes the installation charges as well.

CR 70 for the front windscreen and CS 50 for the back and sides - Total cost with Bill Rs 8000. Without bill Rs 7000.Both are with warranty. CR is 5 yrs and CS is 3 yrs. The dealer said that RE is not allowed by the RTO. IS this correct??

CR70 for the front windscreen and CR 50 for the back and sides- Total cost with bill Rs 16000. Without bill Rs 14000. Waraanty is 5 yrs on both. The dealer was advising that if the car will be kept for more than 5 yrs then go for all CR.

As of right now am keen to go for the first option.

Any suggestions/ comments. Are the prices quoted ok and is it safe to take it without bill?Warranty card will be provided.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2010, 08:08   #1136
Senior - BHPian

There is no RTO regulation on the brand or variant of sun-films. RE series are pretty much as legal as the SP, CS or CR series. In fact, RE series have better heat rejection characteristics at the same price point as CS (Both RE and CS are priced the same). RE50 is as legal for the sides as CS50 or CR50.

Option #1 seem to be the cost effective option. And sun-films will usually outlive the cars, unless badly maintained (scratched / peeled, etc). Ask him to give you CR70 (Front) + RE50 (back and sides) at the same price.

On a side note, I had the same combo, but replaced RE50 with CS5 (yeah, the darkest!) after 9 months of use because I needed better head rejection to combat Madras Summers, and a bit more of privacy (RE50 is transparent - absolutely transparent). RE35 is a better bet, and does not *look* illegal at all (Chances of getting into trouble with RE35 is very very low - it being a colour neutral, metallic film).
Old 14th April 2010, 08:17   #1137
BHPian

@ Phoenix.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Will ask for RE 50 or RE 35 and from the dealer and then let you know how it goes and what I decide.

Cheers.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:38   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Last week I went to get films installed on my Civic. The installed (Automarc, Defence Colony) installed RE35 on sides and rear but he refused to install CR70 on the front saying this is not possible.

I told the owner and showed him some posts also on my laptop that many people have installed CR70 on Civic windscreen but his installer was not confident and suggested RE70 on the front which I refused.

Now, anybody know the place in Delhi/Gurgaon where I can get CR70 installed on the windscreen in my Civic ?
Old 14th April 2010, 10:07   #1139
BHPian

Mukesh you can try 3M distributor @ Rajiv office 9311902002, he can send someone at your place to install. See if you can get prakash as he is good guy for front install.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:42   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sam will call him and get it. Is he is Gurgaon ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks