Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 09:39   #1216
BHPian

After lots of reading here finally went for Huper Optik Sunfilm. Klar 70 for Front Windscreen and Ceramic 50 for side and Back. Cost me 14.5 for Fiesta. Dealer suggested to go with Ceramic 30 for side and black, but that would have made certain visibility loss, made glass look dark. Since my car is already darker color, it would have looked odd. Visibility from outside also not hindered.

The installation is top notch! I am really happy with its performance.... There isn't any visibility loss, gr8 cooling effect. There is moderate reflection of dash on the glass though! You won't feel mid day sun though these films! After seeing effect of films, many of my friends put the same films. This was my best accessory decision. Now I use AC to its lowest option!

If you got the money, I would recommend the film! If you particular about visibility loss go with Ceramic 50, if you need dark tint go with Ceramic 30. Ceramic series comes with 10 year warranty (including peeling), Klar series comes with 5 years warranty!
Old 21st May 2010, 11:26   #1217
BHPian

Can you please advice from where you bought the filim and installed it? I am looking for the same on my WagonR.A lot of brands under consideration.

Can you feel the heat if you keep your hands on the side glass from inside on a hot day?
Old 21st May 2010, 12:28   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Scratches are a reason enough to get the Ice Cool Shield replaced under the 5 years warranty given by Garware.
I'm not sure i want to get it done again, there. For scratches to disappear install technique, or maybe installer, should change.

After film install was done and i was about to leave and i tried to turn on the stereo (stock HU then) and to my surprise found out that it wasn't working. I thought water must've entered it and damaged it, since water was over it on the panel. But fortunately the defect was traced to a blown 10amp fuse. I suppose it happened when the installer removed the irvm+interior lamp assembly causing an accidental shorting. Stereo was fine on my way to the shop.

Note to self: I need to get a spare 10amp fuse. I completely forgot about it.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:50   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Can you please advice from where you bought the filim and installed it? I am looking for the same on my WagonR.A lot of brands under consideration.

Can you feel the heat if you keep your hands on the side glass from inside on a hot day?
In Bangalore only Padmininao is authorised sale/service person. Further details are in Padmininano Products.

If car is kept 2 hours in mid day sun, yes you can feel the heat. However if you are traveling it you don't feel the heat, neither the glass gets heated up. Good thing about the film is it cools down as soon as start moving.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:19   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am planning to go ahead with the below installation on my 2008 Model silver wagonR.

Sides and Rear: 3M (RE35 or CS35 or CS20) or 3M CR40
Front: 3M CR 70.

I am looking for your suggestions on factors like its color, visiblity and heat rejection (IRR) coefficients, from who already using any of the above sun films.
Advices and comments please.. very near to installation.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:28   #1221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Advices and comments please.. very near to installation.
re35 is a very good film. i think its around 50% heat rejection. it is not rto approved but ive had it on my cars for a long time and never got stopped. re35 is reflective, looks good if you ask me. check my galleries and see the innova and the getz to see its shade.

the cr range is much more expensive.

for the front the only good option is cr70.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 21st May 2010 at 20:29.
Old 21st May 2010, 23:39   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
re35 is a very good film. i think its around 50% heat rejection. it is not rto approved but ive had it on my cars for a long time and never got stopped. re35 is reflective, looks good if you ask me. check my galleries and see the innova and the getz to see its shade.

the cr range is much more expensive.

for the front the only good option is cr70.

Thanks Akshay, Actually when i was going through you innova garage, I saw a wagonR in the front and i would like to have bit dark black based sunfilms like that.

I feel 3M CS20 will be a good choice over RE35. I dont like the golden reflection of RE35. CS 35 has very less heat rejection facts.

Any Blackish sunfilm with 35% visiblity and has over more than 55% IRR rejection?
Old 27th May 2010, 13:30   #1223
BHPian

Sun Films & Heat rejection

I think too much is placed on the heat rejection & IR rejection figures. One should see them in conjunction to the Solar energy Transmitted figure to get a better understanding regarding the films cooling effect because the total amount of energy transmitted through is the one which is going to provide the heat inside.
I have recently installed Huper Optic Ceramic 70 film all around on i10 & Honda City. Extremely pleased with the quality, heat transmission, visibility and with the top notch installation. it comes with 10 years warranty.
The AC temperature control knob has been turned a few knotches towards the mid point in both the cars after installation, so the effect is definitly palpable and should prove to be a fuel saver too.
Only problem I am facing is an erratic behaviour of the toll card token of Delhi-NOIDA DND Flyway. It is read sometimes, and not most of the times. Need to sort it out.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:57   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
I think too much is placed on the heat rejection & IR rejection figures. One should see them in conjunction to the Solar energy Transmitted figure to get a better understanding regarding the films cooling effect because the total amount of energy transmitted through is the one which is going to provide the heat inside.
I have recently installed Huper Optic Ceramic 70 film all around on i10 & Honda City. Extremely pleased with the quality, heat transmission, visibility and with the top notch installation. it comes with 10 years warranty.
The AC temperature control knob has been turned a few knotches towards the mid point in both the cars after installation, so the effect is definitly palpable and should prove to be a fuel saver too.
Only problem I am facing is an erratic behaviour of the toll card token of Delhi-NOIDA DND Flyway. It is read sometimes, and not most of the times. Need to sort it out.
True Zerotoughts, out of solarenegy 59% is IRR ( the factor for producing heat) and rest can be of light energy and all. There are some sunflims which will mention their heat rejection in terms of IRR and there are some with TSER (total solar energy rejection) coefficient.

But if the TSER is 50% then imagine the IRR rejection will be 25%-28%. But if the IRR is 97% that means the filims are more good to use.

So I am still in a confusion and would like to know which is the best in the budget.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:08   #1225
BHPian

Sorry folks, havent got time to read all the threads yet - so if someone can help me make a quick decision, I will be grateful!

Is it OK to put a tinted sun control film on the front windshield? I have good tints on the side and rear, but the dealer suggested I also go ahead and put a tinted film for the front windshield. Some how, I can't believe it won't impact visibility at night. Is there such a thing as a clear screen, which won't cut light but cut heat?
Old 31st May 2010, 01:04   #1226
Senior - BHPian

70% visibility in the front windshield is imperative for safety (and the rulebook), but I have seen people go as much as 50% visibility. The choice is yours, but CR70 gives you pretty much good heat protection with 70% visibility. Check out the 3M website.

(Am quoting 3M from my experience. Other brands like Llumar / Gareware, etc are out there and are good too, if not better. Do your research - compare the numbers in their websites, ask friends who have installed a product - maybe even sit in one of their cars while parked under noon sun )
Old 31st May 2010, 13:04   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
True Zerotoughts, out of solarenegy 59% is IRR ( the factor for producing heat) and rest can be of light energy and all. There are some sunflims which will mention their heat rejection in terms of IRR and there are some with TSER (total solar energy rejection) coefficient.

But if the TSER is 50% then imagine the IRR rejection will be 25%-28%. But if the IRR is 97% that means the filims are more good to use.

So I am still in a confusion and would like to know which is the best in the budget.
Take a look at this table and see if it clarifies some points.

Note from Support: Table is not visible. Kindly repost it, maybe as a pic or a link. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 31st May 2010 at 13:20. Reason: Note inline
Old 31st May 2010, 14:08   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
Take a look at this table and see if it clarifies some points.

Note from Support: Table is not visible. Kindly repost it, maybe as a pic or a link. Thanks
Reposting the table as a pic. Hope it is ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-sun-film-table.jpg  

Old 1st June 2010, 09:18   #1229
BHPian

Yesterday, while driving on NH 1 with outside temperature at 45.5 C, I could now and then feel the heat coming in from the front windshield though the car a/c was doing a fine job. Would I have felt this heat if I had sun film on the windscreen.?
Old 1st June 2010, 17:31   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Yesterday, while driving on NH 1 with outside temperature at 45.5 C, I could now and then feel the heat coming in from the front windshield though the car a/c was doing a fine job. Would I have felt this heat if I had sun film on the windscreen.?
No, only in case if you had a good quality film with Heat Rejection properties. 3M, LLumar, Garware etc. are the most common brands which have films with exceptional Heat Rejection levels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks