Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:48   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

@Jose - Thanks for the pics.
Am attaching my friends ride. This is what am looking for. These are totally black from outside and from the inside you wont notice that there is a tint attached.
These are gradient tint films from LLUMAR and comes around 4k. Am getting these next week from Blore.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0541.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0542.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0543.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0548.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0554.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0561.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img_0563.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 10:57   #1292
Senior - BHPian

The car looks awesome with the alloys, fat rubber, and tints. All going great on the blue shiny finish. But would of appreciated the drop in visibility if you had put up a shot of the scene without the film (keeping exposure constant)
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:58   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
One Bhpian recommended AutoMarc, but unfortunately they don't have CR 70 in stock.

Any other location in Delhi for installing 3M films would be much appreciated. Thanks!
That was me. I am in Bombay currently and was going to ask my driver in Dilli to go down to the Kalkaji guy later today to get their phone numbers, as on Tuesdays that area's shops are closed. Do not think that is required anymore.

Surprised by the no availability, I did speak with Automarc's owner Sanjay. The film is very much in stock. You may want to reconfirm by calling Sanjay up on 09811047313.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:08   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The car looks awesome with the alloys, fat rubber, and tints. All going great on the blue shiny finish. But would of appreciated the drop in visibility if you had put up a shot of the scene without the film (keeping exposure constant)
There's absolutely no drop in visibility. That's the reason why am going for these.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:03   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That was me. I am in Bombay currently and was going to ask my driver in Dilli to go down to the Kalkaji guy later today to get their phone numbers, as on Tuesdays that area's shops are closed. Do not think that is required anymore.

Surprised by the no availability, I did speak with Automarc's owner Sanjay. The film is very much in stock. You may want to reconfirm by calling Sanjay up on 09811047313.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Will call him again, and hopefully it works out. Will keep you updated. Traveling to Delhi tomorrow
Old 16th February 2011, 21:28   #1296
BHPian

Has anyone used suction mount on the front sunfilm? I have a 3M CR70 and am little hesitant to try it out. Experiences please...

Thanks,
Bejoy
Old 16th February 2011, 22:01   #1297
BHPian

Hello Bejoy ,

I have been using V-kool on my front windshield since 3 years now , good for night drives, reduces the glare of the high beams and during day it reduces the heat and AC is more effective . Worth it go for it man . I have an 2003 OHC .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Has anyone used suction mount on the front sunfilm? I have a 3M CR70 and am little hesitant to try it out. Experiences please...

Thanks,
Bejoy
Old 16th February 2011, 22:13   #1298
BHPian

I had front windshield film in my Santro (sold now), I was using it for 3 years and its worth paying. I was using sun shield which came with a 2 year warranty and cost was around 3000-3500/- about 5 years back.

Benefits:-
1. Reduces the glare of high beams
2. Reduced heat
3. Cuts UV rays
4. AC will be more effective.

One of my friend was using in his car for more than 5 years and he said that during rainy days some fog get accumulated in between the film and wind shield and it obstructs driving. I have not come across this situation and he has removed the film due to the above reason. Also there would be some glare from dashboard in the wind shield during direct sun light.

Below is mine.

Mods - Please blackout the numbers. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-123.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th February 2011 at 02:00. Reason: blanked out registration number on request.
Old 16th February 2011, 22:30   #1299
BHPian

@navin raju
are tints which are applied on your friends car approved by RTO?

i would also be interested in getting something like that for my car too.
Can you share the details of the sunfilm from LLumar if you got?
Old 17th February 2011, 17:27   #1300
BHPian

I recently got installed Garware Ice-cool 70 on the windscreen of my new scorpio. VLT is said to be 70% and heat rejection 40%. Good and effective. I can feel the heat rejection as I park my car in the open. Absolutely no visibility problems while driving at night

I have installed 3M CS-20 for the sides and rear
Old 17th February 2011, 19:55   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
There's absolutely no drop in visibility. That's the reason why am going for these.
There is a remarkable drop in visibility at night even when using 70+ VLT tints. I currently have the Llumar AIR-75 film on the windshield and though it has a good degree of heat rejection, the night time visibility is surely taking a beating.

I suggest you to try out with a small sample patch of the film (available in the catalog) & observe the differences in visibility before taking the plunge.
Old 18th February 2011, 07:30   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
There is a remarkable drop in visibility at night even when using 70+ VLT tints. I currently have the Llumar AIR-75 film on the windshield and though it has a good degree of heat rejection, the night time visibility is surely taking a beating.

I suggest you to try out with a small sample patch of the film (available in the catalog) & observe the differences in visibility before taking the plunge.
I already installed the windshield sun films. I can say that there is only a small drop in visibility. You cant actually call it as a drop, but a small difference is felt. But it surely didnt affect the visibility at night. Will upload the pics soon.
Old 18th February 2011, 08:37   #1303
BHPian

I got the front windscreen film installed ~3yrs back and from then on I haven't used AC to more than 1 setting here in Bangalore.

Even the heat during the open parking has reduced to a level where the steering is always cool instead of getting hotter due to the sun.
Old 18th February 2011, 18:21   #1304
BHPian

Has anyone got the V-Kool clear film installed recently on a car like i20? I got a quote of 13500 for the front windshield alone for the VK70 and 11800 for VK75. I am planning to get it installed on my i20 before the summer and wanted to confirm if the prices quoted looked reasonable or just too high.

Also the Hyundai service center which has 3M tie up has quoted 6500 for CR70.
I would really appreciate if someone who has got these installed recently can comment on the price quotes.
Old 18th February 2011, 20:06   #1305
BHPian

I have received a quote for Garware Icecool Shield @ 3500. Is this reasonable?
I have Garware International on the side windows, however it is not sufficient. Which film do you recommend for the side windows?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks