Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 18:09   #541
Senior - BHPian

How does the garware icecool elite compare with the Llumar film.the one below the AIR series.(I can't seem to remember the name).
Old 30th September 2008, 16:52   #542
BHPian

Garware icecool elite ,Mmmm This what I need to my car (Verna CRDi). Windscreen sunfilm is totally new subject to me until I see this thread. I usually drive with 50% A/C on. Even though I feel some heat @ steering wheel and dash board. Hope this will solve my problem
Old 4th October 2008, 10:44   #543
BHPian

[quote=santhosh_kumard;956736]
Hi all !
I have a black colored accent and as black absorbs a lot of heat, car cabin used to get so hot. I had 3M on the rest of glasses.
So decided to opt for the Garware- Elite cool for the front windshield.
Though it did help the cooling a bit. Visibility is REAL ISSUE IN FADING light.
In rains , fog and on coming headlights , you get practically blind. If the windshield has got a few scratches ( the types that occur due to stiff wiper rubber ) , the light refraction is so bad that every light appears as a star with long trailing arms.
I do some amount of highway driving and this season it scared me so much with bad roads and with most people driving on high beams all the time on two lane Alibaug highway that i have decided to have the film removed.
Quite unnerving.
IMO sun glare film for front windshield is best avoided and more so if you have a low sedan.
Old 4th October 2008, 20:13   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
I have a black colored accent and as black absorbs a lot of heat, car cabin used to get so hot. I had 3M on the rest of glasses.
So decided to opt for the Garware- Elite cool for the front windshield.

That is a film for the rest of the windows my friend.If you do check out the Garware website,they only recommend their Ice Cool Shield for the front windows !

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 4th October 2008 at 20:15.
Old 5th October 2008, 10:06   #545
BHPian

Hi,
I am putting garware ice cool shield for my corolla's front windshield,price quoted is 3200.Is it ok??
Also he is putting some NF ceramic coated film from garware on 4 windows and rear windshield for 3000.
Home installation today itself,plz confirm the prices ASAP.Thanks.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:09   #546
BHPian

I think anybody s best bet would be the V Kool for the front windshield that too the transperent variety of it they call it clear flim or 100% visibilty not sure of the term they use for it !! The only sad part about it is it cost s you a cool 10 grand and around for this installtion, but it s super effective . I understand, it being so expensive because there is only a single official dealer for it in Mumbai . please correct me if i am wrong !!
Old 5th October 2008, 21:40   #547
BHPian

Just got Garware Ice Cool Shield for my Ikon today. It has a slight greenish tinge to it.
Absolutely no problem with visibility. Reduced heat inside the car and quite a pleasant experience to sit inside the car today. Have not driven in night yet. So cannot comment on that.

Cheers
Sanju
Old 5th October 2008, 22:27   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

I drove around in a Corolla with Garware film on it and I must say it does a much better job than the pricey and useless Llumar that I had on my Safari earlier.

Of course, NOTHING will come close to the V-Kool currently on the truck. V-Kool rocks - if you can afford to do at least the front windshield, you really shouldnt be looking at anything else.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:27   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi,
I am putting garware ice cool shield for my corolla's front windshield,price quoted is 3200.Is it ok??
Also he is putting some NF ceramic coated film from garware on 4 windows and rear windshield for 3000.
Home installation today itself,plz confirm the prices ASAP.Thanks.
Prices look ok to me,but do check for the originality of the films and Garware logo on the films itself. My front windshield was Rs 2850 MRP and I got a 5% discount too with B&W. But preferably do not go for the NF film,the dealer himself told me not to,but I have completely forgotten the reason now!Am sorry for that.You can go for the top range Ice Cool Grand.But price of Grand was lot higher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quick update:
I drove around in a Corolla with Garware film on it and I must say it does a much better job than the pricey and useless Llumar that I had on my Safari earlier.
Of course, NOTHING will come close to the V-Kool currently on the truck. V-Kool rocks - if you can afford to do at least the front windshield, you really shouldnt be looking at anything else.
I drove in and around Kolkata today with my family with my AC on in Durga Puja heavy traffic but the blower fan at the lowest speed and the front windshield did really cut down the heat and UV rays.The film has a greenish hue but visibility is no issues at all.I completely agree with Steeroid that it is really a nice film,maybe no match for V-kool, but then its whole lot cheaper.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 5th October 2008 at 22:32.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:23   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quick update:

the corolla would also have a lot less glass area than the safari.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:39   #551
BHPian

I have been using garware Icecool Shield windsheild film for the past 5 months and so far no issues with visibility. I second Sanjus opinion, for its price its good and VFM.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:54   #552
BHPian

Friends,

I have a query, I want to know the color of ICECOOL Grand, Is it Jet Black or Black or Grey.
Old 6th October 2008, 09:32   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

That is a film for the rest of the windows my friend.If you do check out the Garware website,they only recommend their Ice Cool Shield for the front windows !
My mistake in naming it.
I do have ICE COOL SHIELD FOR THE FRONT ! Costed about 1850/ INR then. thanks for pointing out the gaffe!
Old 6th October 2008, 13:25   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar View Post
Just got Garware Ice Cool Shield for my Ikon today. It has a slight greenish tinge to it.
Absolutely no problem with visibility. Reduced heat inside the car and quite a pleasant experience to sit inside the car today. Have not driven in night yet. So cannot comment on that.

Cheers
Sanju
How much did you pay for it??

UltimateChamp thanx for the info.Also if you could find out the reason for not installing NF,I would be really grateful.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:41   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a v-kool on my safari and a Llumar film on my old honda city front windscreens.
Although the v-kool cuts off more heat ( i would say 25% more effective) than the Llumar, i prefer the Llumar, because it drastically reduces the blinding glare of headlights from cars coming from the opposite direction at night.
Even after installing these, i still use the silver foil windscreen reflector when i need to park in a sunny area for a long time. Works the best.
-Tejas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks