Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 17:12   #496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Guys,

Anyone heard of a brand called Cool Tint? I am considering it for my Getz CRDi's front windscreen, side, and rear. Supposed to block 95% heat in the front and 60-69% at the sides and rear.

Rates: Rs. 5500 - Front, Rs. 4800 - Side.

This is my first post (apart from my intro
Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.
ive never heard of it and for that price you can get 3m/llumar.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:30   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Anyone heard of a brand called Cool Tint? I am considering it for my Getz CRDi's front windscreen, side, and rear. Supposed to block 95% heat in the front and 60-69% at the sides and rear.

Rates: Rs. 5500 - Front, Rs. 4800 - Side.

This is my first post (apart from my intro
Any advice/thoughts would be much appreciated.
never heard of it and rates are very high.

go for llumar AIR 65 TR for around 6100 bucks for the windshield and

for the windows go for llumar steel 35 or 50.
they do a good job.
you even get warranty, and in case you need a chage because of a broken window, they are readily available.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:44   #498
BHPian

Guys i got Garware Sunfilms fitted on my Ikon, all around including front/rear winshields for just Rs.1000 at Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
These were household films designed for 35-40% heat reduction, 35% visibility, 90% UV rejection.
Great films at the price as they actually reduce heat and one can make out the difference as sitting inside the car sunlight does come in but heat is very less as compared to plain glass. 35% visibility sounds very less but from inside visibility is absolutely fine in both daylight and night.
Infact during the day people were looking at the car when i was sitting inside and i could look at them clearly so i thought they were very light but only to realize that they were actually trying to look inside but could see very little(this is when i made my friend sit inside and i was outside trying to look inside and all i could see is somebody sitting inside but face was not visible, but he could see everything clearly from inside as if there was a very light tint on the films like 85% visibility, this was done in both daytime and night as i had to ensure good visibility from inside at all times).
Good films with heat rejection will have a high reflective index. This is evident when the car is viewed from outside(ofcourse) in both daylight and night time, reflection remains the same or almost similar. To make out if the films are local or non-heat rejecting, at night they lose their reflecting properties. They will also tend to fade away in a short span of time.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:10   #499
Team-BHP Support

Abhik: Are these films legal ?
Old 19th June 2008, 18:11   #500
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I went to enquire about getting a light Film on my Verna. Guy looked at me & said Garware - 600 Rs !!!

I said any cheaper , He said no, there is a more expensive one @ 1300 Rs.

Which one should I get ?
Old 19th June 2008, 19:06   #501
Senior - BHPian

What do you want the sunfilm for? Just to darken the glass and ensure more privacy or do you want to really block sunlight/UV/IR ? If that's the case then please get something better. Garware/3M/Llumar all of them have some very good sunfilms.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:24   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Abhik: Are these films legal ?
Not really bro! infact my car is slowly turning illegal with each passing day with the mods i am planning and doing.

BTW legal limits in Delhi for Sunfilms are 70% visibility front and back and 50% visibility on the sides.
Mine are 35% visibility all around so you can imagine. The look of the car has enhanced though with my car being Silver and films Black.
Old 19th June 2008, 20:26   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yesterday I went to enquire about getting a light Film on my Verna. Guy looked at me & said Garware - 600 Rs !!!

I said any cheaper , He said no, there is a more expensive one @ 1300 Rs.

Which one should I get ?
Rs600 ones are probably the one comming in a kit by Garware which are legal and only for sides and rear and the rear windshield will be fitted in 3 pieces.
But because they are legal they are also very light though with heat and UV reduction.
Check out the Rs.1300 ones and BARGAIN
Old 20th June 2008, 17:46   #504
BHPian

Even I was a little apprehensive about this Cool Tint thing...but the guy says it comes with 3 years warranty where as 3M gives only 2 years.
The person I spoke to is from a very reputed sunfilm store in Bangalore.
Really confused..
Old 20th June 2008, 18:08   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I was a little apprehensive about this Cool Tint thing...but the guy says it comes with 3 years warranty where as 3M gives only 2 years.
The person I spoke to is from a very reputed sunfilm store in Bangalore.
Really confused..
For the price ( 5500/- for the front ), you can get a reputed and known brand - 3M/ Llumar / vkool

So why be confused ? Go for the known devils than the unknown!
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:06   #506
BHPian

Managed to read thru 27 pages in 2 days, then jumped to make this reply.

Got 3M Medium tint (70% heat rejection) on sides and rear (single piece) in my Baleno today. Whole deal set me back by 4.4k here in Mysore. Wud've got a better price had i got it done in B'lore or if i had enquired at multiple places here, i suppose. But I am satisfied. Its not very sunny these days so couldn't test them.
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:19   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
For the price ( 5500/- for the front ), you can get a reputed and known brand - 3M/ Llumar / vkool

So why be confused ? Go for the known devils than the unknown!
I have used 3M and Lumar in some of my cards but had cool tint on my Honda City. It was the best that I have experienced. I would reccomend it over 3M and Llumar. Dont know much about the contents in the film but just sharing my first hand experience.
Old 22nd June 2008, 08:02   #508
BANNED

i was quoted by a shopkeeper rs 400 for windscreen film will this film be of any use or just waste of money . as costlier film are present is this a fake garware film.
Old 25th June 2008, 19:20   #509
BHPian

This definitely is a fake. Don't go for it, you are better off baking in the sun than damaging your windscreen with some inferior product which anyway will not offer any heat reduction.
Old 26th June 2008, 16:03   #510
Senior - BHPian

I bought Verna last month and got film installed on the wind screen and my experience is good with that. the only point is, i have got a dark colour film so result is very good as far as sun light and heat is concern.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks