Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 20:13   #346
BHPian

Great info,

Now the only answer I want to know, if someone can share , where do I get the V-Kool & Llumar authentic films ?

Thanks in advance
Old 9th August 2007, 11:02   #347
Senior - BHPian

Have sent a PM with details. Hope that would be helpful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Great info,

Now the only answer I want to know, if someone can share , where do I get the V-Kool & Llumar authentic films ?

Thanks in advance
Old 12th August 2007, 15:46   #348
BHPian

Hi,
Now that we are on the topic I would like to know what is the legal procedure for obtaining the RTO permission. To apply dark film all round the car glasses.
Old 18th August 2007, 16:43   #349
BHPian

Ca somebody tell me where I can get Llumar Sun film in Hyderabad?? Checked at Sprocket but they have only Garware.
Old 18th August 2007, 19:46   #350
Senior - BHPian

Garware isn't that bad actually. I know it's not found favour with a lot of people, especially on this thread... but I have fitted Garware SunControl "Cool Vision" on my Lancer, and am pretty satisfied so far.
The car (black in colour) has stood in the baking sun for lengthy periods, and the film is doing its job. There is obviously a bit of heat in the cabin, but that is expected, especially in a black car. A/C cooling time has reduced and the interiors are defintely cooler nowadays.
And the fact that Garware is much cheaper than Llumar or V-Kool doesn't hurt either.
Just my 2 cents... having used the product, I can recommend it.
Old 20th August 2007, 15:55   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Though I dont prefer to drive with it, the additional privacy + air-con cooling efficiency is pretty cool.
How does an all clear film give you privacy?
Old 20th August 2007, 17:13   #352
BHPian

Hi - Lumar / VKool dealers in Chennai ?

Hi guys, I wasn't for windshield films, but after reading the experiences of those who have trodden down that path, have opted to do the same. Does anybody know dealers in Chennai who could do a proper install of these films ?
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:54   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I;d checked out Llumar recently. There was this demo setup where an intense light was turned on, and vaious Llumar filmed glasses were placed in front. When the front windscreen glass came up, it felt like an airconditioner had been turned on, compared to even their regular window films. 6500 bucks
Could you share where this was please?
Old 24th August 2007, 18:01   #354
BHPian

Sunfilm for Aveo

I plan to put sunfilm on my Aveo. After going through the thread I decided on V-Kool for windshield and Llumar for S+R.

1. I want the windshield film to be as transparent as possible? Which is the V-Kool film that would satisfy this?

2. For S+R I want only a slight tint. Does slight tint mean less heat absorption?

3. Which Llumar film has slight tint?

4. Is it safe to put film on rear screen? Will it create problem for printed antenna and defogger?

5. I read that the rear film should be in one piece. If more than one piece is used how can I find it out?

Thanks,

Nirmal
Old 24th August 2007, 18:08   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I plan to put sunfilm on my Aveo. After going through the thread I decided on V-Kool for windshield and Llumar for S+R.

1. I want the windshield film to be as transparent as possible? Which is the V-Kool film that would satisfy this?

2. For S+R I want only a slight tint. Does slight tint mean less heat absorption?

3. Which Llumar film has slight tint?

4. Is it safe to put film on rear screen? Will it create problem for printed antenna and defogger?

5. I read that the rear film should be in one piece. If more than one piece is used how can I find it out?

Thanks,

Nirmal

all their front windscreen films should be more than 70% visible so that would be legal.. im sure when you see the catalogue you can decide.

more the tint more the absorption.. again when you see the brochure you can decide.

its completely safe for the rear windscreen. when it is put in 3 peices you will easily see the slight overlap. one peice looks better but it dosent really make a difference.
Old 24th August 2007, 18:14   #356
Senior - BHPian

You do not get RTO permission for having dark films. The permission has to come from the Home/Police Department. You have to have a valid reason to be granted that permission.

Normally this permission is given to Ministers, persons under threat and having Govt. security etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
Hi,
Now that we are on the topic I would like to know what is the legal procedure for obtaining the RTO permission. To apply dark film all round the car glasses.
Old 24th August 2007, 18:48   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
all their front windscreen films should be more than 70% visible so that would be legal
This is not true in Delhi at present.... any quality or visibility is illegal.... I paid 600 Rs fine for Garware Film with 70% visibility... A couple of months back there was a strong drive from Traffic Police against Sunfilm...

I asked accessories shop for a more high visibility film, he suggested for removing film for some time, because this police drive..
Old 25th August 2007, 13:01   #358
Senior - BHPian

Both, the Safari & Scorpio have Llumar films with maximum visibility. Of course if any vehicle without any tint or film on their glasses stand next to mine then only a hint of a shade is visible.

When this drive in Delhi was at its peak I shuddered at the thought of removing those films that were installed at a great cost. my accessories guy came out with a brilliant suggestion since both of my vehicles are all black.

He made me purchase the largest White bath towels from Bombay Dyeing and draped it over the seats. Ever since I drove and am, in the midst of these checkings with glory. Total cost incurred - Rs.575/- for the towels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
This is not true in Delhi at present.... any quality or visibility is illegal.... I paid 600 Rs fine for Garware Film with 70% visibility... A couple of months back there was a strong drive from Traffic Police against Sunfilm...

I asked accessories shop for a more high visibility film, he suggested for removing film for some time, because this police drive..
Old 25th August 2007, 18:59   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

but nirmalts isnt in dehli is he??

gd148 - brilliant. would be use in the rainy season also.
Old 5th October 2007, 23:31   #360
BHPian

Does any one knows the contact details for Llumar sales office in Mumbai. I want to get the same installed at my door step.
Thanks
Saurabh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks