Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 09:29   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The heat rejection seems low, but the price seems VFM. Comparitively 3M CR70 has a heat rejection of 56% but costs Rs. 5000~6000 (I recently got it done, and felt its worth the extra bucks!)

Heat rejection (TSER) for 3M CR70 is 50 as per their website (& not 56).

It also says TSER calculated at 60 degree angle is 59. Not sure what this is !

3M India: Choose your film

Last edited by bnzjon : 31st March 2010 at 09:32.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:19   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi Team,
I just put 3M V70 on my front Windshield for my 2006 Baleno Lxi. The heat reduction is impressive, but worried about the care to be take for cleaning the glass from inside. Would these films get scratched easily while cleaning.
Would appreciate if you can let me know the care to be taken while cleaning.

Thanks in Advance
Suresh
2002 M800 5S, 2006 Baleno Lxi, 2003 Thunderbird
A clean, moist soft cloth would do. I use a used up vest for the task, cutting all stiches et all and ensuring it is free from rough particles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Heat rejection (TSER) for 3M CR70 is 50 as per their website (& not 56).

It also says TSER calculated at 60 degree angle is 59. Not sure what this is !

3M India: Choose your film
You are right - my bad, I seem to have quoted CR50's values in this post (had been correct in a few earlier posts though)

I am not sure about the difference between the two TSER, but I have at least 50% TSER up front and 58% on the sides (with CS 5).

I am assuming TSER on angle is the heat rejected when sun is at 60 degrees angle with the plane of the sunfilm - assuming this is correct, sun will be perpendicular with the plane of the sunfilm only during mornings and evenings when it glares directly at our eyes while driving. Does anyone have a better / right answer please?
Old 31st March 2010, 10:49   #1098
BHPian

Garware Alps

On Saturday went to get front windscreen sunfilm installed. I already have Llumar film on the side and back.

Came across the new range from Garware called "ALPS". Since I haven't heard anywhere about it so called up Garware office to confirm whether they have actually launched this new series or is it fake. They confirmed that yes this is the new range that they have launched and is one step above "Icecool Shield" series.

The MRP for the front windscreen sealed pack is Rs 3300 and is available for Rs 3000 in the market. The heat rejection is 50% while visible light transmission is 70%.

Coming to the daytime use the car cools up quite fast in stop and go traffic as compared to previously. Also the film has a slight greenish touch to it which reduces the sun glare. During night driving the greenish touch makes the headlights feel a little weak and also reduces the intensity of the on-coming vehicles light.

Overall quite satisfied with the film till now for the price paid

PS - Will be traveling outstation on the weekend, a detailed feedback will come next week.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:41   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
On Saturday went to get front windscreen sunfilm installed. I already have Llumar film on the side and back.

Came across the new range from Garware called "ALPS". Since I haven't heard anywhere about it so called up Garware office to confirm whether they have actually launched this new series or is it fake. They confirmed that yes this is the new range that they have launched and is one step above "Icecool Shield" series.

The MRP for the front windscreen sealed pack is Rs 3300 and is available for Rs 3000 in the market. The heat rejection is 50% while visible light transmission is 70%.

Coming to the daytime use the car cools up quite fast in stop and go traffic as compared to previously. Also the film has a slight greenish touch to it which reduces the sun glare. During night driving the greenish touch makes the headlights feel a little weak and also reduces the intensity of the on-coming vehicles light.

Overall quite satisfied with the film till now for the price paid

PS - Will be traveling outstation on the weekend, a detailed feedback will come next week.
Ripoff. It's having the same specs and shade as Ice Cool Shield. Moreover, Ice Cool Shield has a new price tag in the same range as you talked of. But the Ice Cool Shield is still widely available and ALPS seems to be a marketing gimmick. Same specs, shade and price, what's the purpose behind this?

By the way, Garware has launched Articool which has 78% Heat Rejection along with IR Rejection and costs 12k+.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:50   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
By the way, Garware has launched Articool which has 78% Heat Rejection along with IR Rejection and costs 12k+.
Can you post more details on this Articool? I could not get any search results in Google except this thread. And is this for the front windshield, or the sides? What is the visibility? Am asking all this because 78% heat rejection seems damn good - unbelievably good
Old 1st April 2010, 01:55   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you post more details on this Articool? I could not get any search results in Google except this thread. And is this for the front windshield, or the sides? What is the visibility? Am asking all this because 78% heat rejection seems damn good - unbelievably good
I think it's for the sides. I saw the advertisement in Autocar few months back and don't remember the VLT. I'll check it with the dealer and let you know.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:23   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
78% heat rejection seems damn good - unbelievably good
Hope it is not unrealistically good!!
Old 1st April 2010, 10:03   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Installed Sunfilm for front windsheild from Xenos, Nandanam for my Linea

Make : SolarGard
Model : Sterling 70
VLT : 69%
Glare reduction : 25 %
Heat rejection : 39 %
UV Rejection : upto 99.90 %
Warranty : 5 years
Price : Rs. 3100 (less 25% discount being offer price till 31/Mar)
Correction :
The sunfilm on my windsheild is not as reported earlier. The corrected version is as below :

Model : Sterling 60
VLT : 63%
Glare reduction : 30 %
Heat rejection : 44 %
Price : Rs. 2,350 (after discount of 25% from MRP of Rs. 3100,being offer price till 31/Mar)
Old 1st April 2010, 18:57   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Correction :
The sunfilm on my windsheild is not as reported earlier. The corrected version is as below :

Model : Sterling 60
VLT : 63%
Glare reduction : 30 %
Heat rejection : 44 %
Price : Rs. 2,350 (after discount of 25% from MRP of Rs. 3100,being offer price till 31/Mar)

Do you find the film effective with the current summer conditions in Chennai?.. as its Solargard. Do you rate it high when compared with 3M, Llumar,etc?
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:38   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Do you find the film effective with the current summer conditions in Chennai?.. as its Solargard. Do you rate it high when compared with 3M, Llumar,etc?
I found it VERY effective especially the glare reduction at night. Heat rejection is decent.

My parking area at home and office are in the stilt/basement, so no question of parking under blazing hot chennai sun. I would have chosen 3M/higher heat rejection films if had open parking.

Moreover, the sides and back are covered by 3M RE35 which offers 56 % heat rejection. So, overall, i find it cool inside the car with SolarGard,

Comparing with 3M CR70 series, specifications are as below

SolarGard Sterling 60 vs 3M CR70
VLT - 63 / 70
TSER - 44 / 50
Glare reduction - 30 / 23
Cost (rs) - 2350 / 6000

Heat rejection is 6 % lesser than 3M
Glare rejection is 7 % higher than 3M
Cost is 39 % cheaper than 3M

Overall, its VFM when compared to 3M CR70

Last edited by bnzjon : 2nd April 2010 at 11:42.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:46   #1106
BHPian

Quote:

Oops, its not 39% cheaper but 61 % cheaper than 3M.
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:07   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
I found it VERY effective especially the glare reduction at night. Heat rejection is decent.

My parking area at home and office are in the stilt/basement, so no question of parking under blazing hot chennai sun. I would have chosen 3M/higher heat rejection films if had open parking.

Moreover, the sides and back are covered by 3M RE35 which offers 56 % heat rejection. So, overall, i find it cool inside the car with SolarGard,

Comparing with 3M CR70 series, specifications are as below

SolarGard Sterling 60 vs 3M CR70
VLT - 63 / 70
TSER - 44 / 50
Glare reduction - 30 / 23
Cost (rs) - 2350 / 6000

Heat rejection is 6 % lesser than 3M
Glare rejection is 7 % higher than 3M

Thanks for the specs. Indeed a VFM. Hope the installation at Xenos was good. Just wondering, if you got it done in a garage or just near the parking area in Xenos?
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:35   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Thanks for the specs. Indeed a VFM. Hope the installation at Xenos was good. Just wondering, if you got it done in a garage or just near the parking area in Xenos?
I did at Xenos. They have a closed Air conditioned room to do sunfilms.
Installation is damn good. They did a neat work.

Last edited by bnzjon : 2nd April 2010 at 18:37.
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:44   #1109
BHPian

I read couple of pages here and am confused about the brand to go for. I have a Hyundai Accent and it is always parked in the Sun. I need to get the sunfilm installed for the 4 windows and the windscreen.
Which brand and model would you guys recommend?
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:38   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I read couple of pages here and am confused about the brand to go for. I have a Hyundai Accent and it is always parked in the Sun. I need to get the sunfilm installed for the 4 windows and the windscreen.
Which brand and model would you guys recommend?
The most VFM would be Garware Classic for the Sides with Heat Rejection upto 45%. This film costs near about 2k and comes in various shades. Since the roll was a bit wide it was able to cover the rear windshield of Santro Xing and i20. The shade which I've is Dark Natural Ash (25% Visibility).

For front I've Garware Ice Cool Shield (50% Heat Rejection, 70% Visibility and Green Tint). The shade is on the lighter side but this is one of the best VFM offerings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks