Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 08:41   #1171
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys.. I think i shall check them out..

One more question - How is the visibility from inside? any personal experiences anyone?? Also, I didnt like the metallic finish. Looking for the normal black tints.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:05   #1172
BHPian

Hi guys,

After going through this thread closely i decided to go for CR 70 3M for my ANHC & went to Capital Honda, they said its available for 8500/-

So contacted funny guru & rr-zen ( thank you guys) they recomended the authorised 3M stockist Balaji enterprises, after going to them i fixed CR 70 for 5500/- the job was very neat and perfect they even have the 3M cloth in two varieties costing 250/- & 350/- each

i was initially doubtfull about the effectiveness of the film but i could feel a reduction of heat by nearly 40 percent in the front, the sun light travels inside but the heat is been arrested to some extent, line of vision is perfect for me both day & night only the visibility from ouside to inside is reduced to nearlly 30 percent

overall satisfaction is OK but still i could not feel 77 percent heat reduction as they mention its still worth trying out for this summer you also get a 5 years warranty for this product.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:20   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
overall satisfaction is OK but still i could not feel 77 percent heat reduction as they mention its still worth trying out for this summer you also get a 5 years warranty for this product.
5500/- is the correct price for 3M CR70.

The Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) for it 50% not 77%, and you also mentioned you are experiencing around 40% which is good
Old 26th April 2010, 18:46   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
He is in Jwala Heri market, but he can send guys to anywhere with extra cost.
Spoke to Rajiv and booked Prakash for CR70 installation tomorrow morning at his place.

He says 6000 for Civic windscreen. I guess it is the right price?
Old 26th April 2010, 18:55   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
5500/- is the correct price for 3M CR70.

The Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) for it 50% not 77%, and you also mentioned you are experiencing around 40% which is good

But at an angle of 60 degrees its 59 percent as they have mentioned & i hope the wind screen is in that angle correct me if iam wrong.
Old 27th April 2010, 00:24   #1176
Senior - BHPian

I got i20's front tinted with 3M RE50 from Auto Marc, Defence Colony.

Mukesh, if I'm right then CR refers to the film with Purple hint and if this is so than you're getting a mindblowing shade.
Old 27th April 2010, 01:01   #1177
Senior - BHPian

@tsk13

Is this Auto marc run by a guy called Sanjay and is located in the red colour market opposit Moolchand hospital.

If it is the same place then do let me know how did you find their work quality. I was planning to go there tomorrow to get my old Zen re-tinted.

Last edited by khoj : 27th April 2010 at 01:03.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:23   #1178
BHPian

Guys Its just a suggestion. In the best interest of the members and guests here on Team-BHP.

If all of you could post pics of the cars with the sunfilm installed as the names get confusing.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:54   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@tsk13

Is this Auto marc run by a guy called Sanjay and is located in the red colour market opposit Moolchand hospital.

If it is the same place then do let me know how did you find their work quality. I was planning to go there tomorrow to get my old Zen re-tinted.
Khoj, all details are correct. It was my first experience with Auto Marc and the job was good. Supervise the job yourself, tell them to wipe off soap water regularly and cover the AC Ducts behind the front wind-shield during the install with a cloth to prevent water from entering the ducts.

Auto Marc is known for its exclusivity, the products he imports are not available elsewhere easily. I suppose you've ANHC, check with him for the accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Guys Its just a suggestion. In the best interest of the members and guests here on Team-BHP.

If all of you could post pics of the cars with the sunfilm installed as the names get confusing.
I'll do soon but since you've taken the initiative to request members BOSS, where's your pic?
Old 28th April 2010, 17:14   #1180
Senior - BHPian

tsk13,

I got my Zen retinted using RE70 from him yesterday. For all windows and back wind screen he charged me 2300/- and 1200/- respectively. The work quality is all right but are the charges OK.

Now my cousin has a new ANHC & I have a new Cedia. Sanjay has quoted 6500 using RE50 &/or RE70 covering all the windows and the two windscreens. If we opt for CR50 & or CR70 then the charge goes up to 17500/- for either car.

Let me know if the charges are competitive. I did get my Aveo filmed from another installer in January earlier this year and he charged me 2300/- for the side windows but I think the film was CR70 which is much better than the RE.

What did he charge you for the RE50 on the front screen.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:42   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Guys, How do i install sunfilm on front wind screen while i am using a suction cup for my GPS. Is it possible to install with a hole in between? Since i feel if i put suction cup on the Sun film, it might come off. Let me know your opinion.

Or is it better to use a dash plate for my GPS and leave front windscreen untouched?

Last edited by shamanth : 28th April 2010 at 17:44.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:04   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Guys, How do i install sunfilm on front wind screen while i am using a suction cup for my GPS. Is it possible to install with a hole in between? Since i feel if i put suction cup on the Sun film, it might come off. Let me know your opinion.
Largely depends on how well it has been installed and weight of the GPS unit. I have had "Baby Onboard" and some large toys stuck from the rear windscreen for more than a year and absolutely nothing happened to the Sunfilm installed.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:51   #1183
Senior - BHPian

@Khoj, a combination of CR70 on front windscreen and RE35/50/70 on sides and rear is the best option. All shades of a particular series, i.e., RE cost same.

I have also done the same after reading a lot of reviews of many members. That is the best combination, cost effective too.

* Paid Rs.4,000/- for sides and rear for RE35 from Automarc (without Bill)
* Paid Rs.5,700/- for front for CR70 from 3M distributor (Thanks to SAM003) with bill and warranty. This distributor says he supplies 3M to everyone in Delhi incl. Automarc.

I had asked Automarc to install front CR70 but Sanjay and his installer said that it is impossible to install CR70 on Civic windscreen.

Quote:
tsk13,

I got my Zen retinted using RE70 from him yesterday. For all windows and back wind screen he charged me 2300/- and 1200/- respectively. The work quality is all right but are the charges OK.

Now my cousin has a new ANHC & I have a new Cedia. Sanjay has quoted 6500 using RE50 &/or RE70 covering all the windows and the two windscreens. If we opt for CR50 & or CR70 then the charge goes up to 17500/- for either car.

Let me know if the charges are competitive. I did get my Aveo filmed from another installer in January earlier this year and he charged me 2300/- for the side windows but I think the film was CR70 which is much better than the RE.

Old 28th April 2010, 23:39   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tsk13,

Since I gave reference of my friend and told him that I'm from his old neighbourhood (Lajpat Nagar-1, he used to operate from here earlier) he charged me Rs.1,800. He quoted Rs.2,200 on the phone and when I visited him, he quoted Rs.2,000.

Regarding the charges, take a quote from Sam's distributor. Auto Marc's charges are very reasonable considering the reputation of the brand. I thought him to charge a hefty premium but I'm satisfied with what I paid. Auto Marc is a veteran in this field and the original Big Daddy of car accessories in New Delhi. He personally imports Body Kits, Accessories etc. from Bangkok and other places, which are exclusive to him only. Even in Lajpat Nagar, the shopowners say that 'Auto Marc ke paas jo hai woh wahi milega'. I'm planning to get the Modulo grille for my uncle's ANHC from him.

CR for Rs.2,300 is not possible considering the difference in the prices. Recently two store owners from Lajpat Nagar were caught either by 3M/ Llumar for selling fake films. I put up in the area known for car accessories and such development wasn't a surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
@Khoj, a combination of CR70 on front windscreen and RE35/50/70 on sides and rear is the best option. All shades of a particular series, i.e., RE cost same.

I have also done the same after reading a lot of reviews of many members. That is the best combination, cost effective too.

* Paid Rs.4,000/- for sides and rear for RE35 from Automarc (without Bill)
* Paid Rs.5,700/- for front for CR70 from 3M distributor (Thanks to SAM003) with bill and warranty. This distributor says he supplies 3M to everyone in Delhi incl. Automarc.

I had asked Automarc to install front CR70 but Sanjay and his installer said that it is impossible to install CR70 on Civic windscreen.
MG, I got the Warranty Card from Auto Marc and you should ask for the same if you haven't.

Last edited by tsk13 : 28th April 2010 at 23:41.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:24   #1185
BHPian

Today I have contacted the infra cool, at lalbagh road, Bangalore and from them came to know that for Vkool40 it will cost me 29000 approx for a wagonR.

They suggested to go with infra kewl own brand, which is same as that of vkool, but different brand name.. it will come around 6800Rs for the one which is having 56% heat rejection

Guys how is infra kool filims?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks