Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 10:02   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Here are the tints that I have for my car. LLumar, for the sides and windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-imag0048.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050308.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050310.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050314.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050315.jpg  

Front windscreen sunfilm?-p1050318.jpg  

Old 21st February 2011, 11:17   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here are the tints that I have for my car. LLumar, for the sides and windshield.

Hi naveen, nice sunfilm shade. but it seems a bit too dark for the RTO guys. Can you tell us the name/ series of the film you have bought.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:23   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Yashdeep, I put LLumar on my windscreen, and I find that the heat reduction is not good. The windscreen still gets hot, I still feel the heat on my hands when driving, especially in the afternoons. I strongly suggest you check both Vcool and LLumar against the halogen lights, and then make a decision. If I had a chance, I would go with Vcool on my front windscreen. Its the only one which really helps cut the heat. But, please test and decide for yourself.
hi vaz, in fact my dads NHC has the magnum series llumar film on front windscreen. Even though the entire screen is full of tiny bubbles it does offer good heat reduction. But now, going by your review i will check v-cool and 3M also. Still looking for fellow team-mates to suggest trustworthy authorized dealers in south Bombay.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:38   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
Hi naveen, nice sunfilm shade. but it seems a bit too dark for the RTO guys. Can you tell us the name/ series of the film you have bought.
Thanks Yashodeep. The windshield film isnt that dark. The pic does make it look dark. I went in for LLumar CH2 and CH50.
Old 21st February 2011, 16:53   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Yashodeep. The windshield film isnt that dark. The pic does make it look dark. I went in for LLumar CH2 and CH50.
Surprisingly, the Llumar catalog does not mention CH series. It only has Platinum (SR), Magnum NT (SR), Diamond Air (SR), Diamond AVS (SR), PP (SR), Aqua Cool (SR). I checked with the dealer he says there isn't any CH series!? I am confused.
Anyways, I have decided to go for Llumar for 4 sides and back. Will wait till I gauge the overall heat reduction and if there isn't enough improvement then will opt for high range v-kool for the front windscreen (after gathering the funds for it).
Old 21st February 2011, 16:56   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly, the Llumar catalog does not mention CH series. It only has Platinum (SR), Magnum NT (SR), Diamond Air (SR), Diamond AVS (SR), PP (SR), Aqua Cool (SR). I checked with the dealer he says there isn't any CH series!? I am confused.
Anyways, I have decided to go for Llumar for 4 sides and back. Will wait till I gauge the overall heat reduction and if there isn't enough improvement then will opt for high range v-kool for the front windscreen (after gathering the funds for it).
Dude, am not sure about this. Remember seeing these numbers in the catalog. Will check with them and update you.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:03   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, am not sure about this. Remember seeing these numbers in the catalog. Will check with them and update you.
Just checked with a dealer in Bangalore.

LLumar ATR Charcoal Black CH50/05 is what you have got I guess.

Last edited by Xryder : 21st February 2011 at 17:15.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:34   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, here it is.

LLUMAR Charcoal Black ATR Series - CH 50 and CH05
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:11   #1329
BHPian

I got the Garware Icecool shield VLT70 for windshield @3K and LLumar SR05 black for the 4 sides @ 1.8K yesterday. This is with bill and warranty. The icecool shiled had the garware hologram and icecool logo on it.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:42   #1330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
I got the Garware Icecool shield VLT70 for windshield @3K and LLumar SR05 black for the 4 sides @ 1.8K yesterday. This is with bill and warranty. The icecool shiled had the garware hologram and icecool logo on it.
How about some pics and the details of the place from you got it installed?
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:25   #1331
BHPian

Hi
Would it not affect night vision especially given the badly lit roads in Chennai and highway driving. I was keen on putting it but my friends told me not to do so. any expert or experience advice on the same
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:38   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanz View Post
icemanz, how is the effect after installing the films? How is the visibility at night? The price for the front film seems to be good.

Though I got a bill and warranty, I did not find any Garware hologram and Icecool logo on my film.

Do post some pictures of your car.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:29   #1333
BHPian

The work was done at Veilside @ palarivattom - Vythila by-pass. I know them since past 3 years. My car audio and sun film was done by the same team back in 2007.
Here are the pictures:
Garware icecool shield logo on front film
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img00015.jpg

The hologram part of the film was cut off and is lying in the boot, I will post that pic later today.

I can hardly makeout any visibility difference from earlier. There is no drop in visibility during the night. I did not have an opportunity to drive under the sun since it was raining yesterday and is cloudy today @ cochin.

Llumar black SH05 on the side windows
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img00006.jpg

Front windscreen sunfilm?-img00005.jpg
Here there is a high drop in visibility and I am feeling very uncomfortable driving at night with windows rolled up. During the day it is fine.
I should have opted for the Llumar Black SH20; however I hope I will get used to it soon.

I did not change the rear windscreen- it caries the old garware international film with 50% vlt.
Attached Thumbnails
Front windscreen sunfilm?-img00004.jpg  

Last edited by icemanz : 23rd February 2011 at 14:37. Reason: Pcitures were not showing up
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:06   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

@DieselDunk - There will be a marginal drop in visibility when installing windshield sun films. The ones I installed is doing a pretty good job. Very little drop in visibility. It's doing the job. I park my car in an open area 6 days a week from 9-6. I can easily notice how much heat is reduced now.

@iceman - Great pics. We have similar kind of side sun films. Yes, these films are on the darker side but kinda getting used to.
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:39   #1335
BHPian

I also installed garware on the front windscreen(i think Icecool itself) little over a year ago, I get reflections of the dashboard ever since,making it a little uncomfortable to drive in the daytime, Got used to it tho
Is the reflection normal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks